Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2015 :  07:39:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's quite possible!

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2015 :  13:02:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Remember when I wrote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

One of the top union reps are retiring, which means I'll be moving up the ladder. I'll be vice chairman of the local union, and I'll be spending more time at the union office.

It turns out that, after discussions among the local union board members, I will leapfrog the vice chairman position of the local board. They decided unanimously to nominate me as the chairman. It will by put to a general vote in September or October. It's actually a tactical decision which leaves our best negotiator in a position where he can do most good. This way, I will handle more day-to-day business and keep pressure off his back.

But wait, there's more...
In Sweden, the law stipulates that trade unions shall have at least one representative on the Board of Directors in Swedish companies.
By recommendation from the retiring union rep, I was elected as the blue-collar union representative to the Board of Directors for Ericsson. This means that I'll have full insight into the company, but also a responsibility to conduct myself beyond reproach.
I will not receive remuneration like the rest of the Board of Directors (I wish...), other than a symbolic sum which will probably just about cover the expense of updating my wardrobe to one two-piece suit approaching "company director" standards, tie-and-all. There's a silver lining though: the CEO isn't fond of wearing ties, so the norm is that tie is not mandatory during internal meetings... But I will get to travel to meetings abroad (I missed the trip to San Diego, and the meeting with Elon Musk at Tesla), and will have to dine with the rest of the Board at dinners out, on the company tab.

Ah, well. Interesting times ahead.

Oh, and Yes, Kil, this means I'll most likely go full time Rep. Or at least 80% of full time. Honestly, I'm not sure I'd want to go full time. I'd risk loosing experience in troubleshooting, and that would mean loosing my edge compared to my coworkers. I still want to be top-dog at my game...

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 08/28/2015 13:06:39
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2015 :  14:20:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Mab!

Wow. Missed the San Diego trip? Boron10 and I could have met you there. Dangit!

You will let us know if and when you will be in Southern California!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2015 :  12:45:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Absolutely!

The programs are usually rather tight between meetings and such, but trips might come with a possibility of staying an extra day or two on my own dime. I know I had that opportunity when I planned the trip to Lisbon, Portugal for the annual European Worker's Council (A Europe-wide Ericsson union association) in the spring. That trip got cancelled for me due to the lay-off negotiations. But if I get the chance, I'd love to meet you!

The same goes for the rest of you Skeptic Friends. I'm not keeping tabs on where you live (I used to, but that google-earth-file got lost), but if I ever go some place interesting, I'll post a notice.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

houchaowei
spammer

2 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2015 :  00:35:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send houchaowei a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What happened I don't know... Perhaps a geyser erupted or something, but suddenly it's visible to the naked eye where it wasn't before, and is moving a few degrees every day.

Links removed by Kil
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2015 :  13:54:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Every now and again, things don't turn out the way you expected...
Today saw the conclusion of the process of electing a new local union chairman. It turned out that a number of members wanted to shake things up a little, so they nominated a woman with practically no experience what-so-ever in union board work as new chairwoman. This meant that I wouldn't automatically ascent to chairman, but had to be put to a vote. Rules stipulate absolute majority when electing a chairman, and the way it sorted itself out meant that our previous vice chairman got the promotion instead of me.
We are going to have to make some re-organizing of tasks within the board now, but I'll be keeping my duties as a company board member.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2015 :  18:27:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mab:
Every now and again, things don't turn out the way you expected...

For me it's a bit more than every now and again.

But so you still hold the position that you did hold, right?

Plus you still have your regular job. Is that right?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2015 :  04:53:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm currently Secretary and Vice Chairman (new position) of the local union board, as well as newly appointed Head of health and safety inspectors.
The positions I hold on the company board, as well as in the 'European unions of Ericsson', and the 'Metalworkers of Ericsson in Sweden association' remains seperate from the appointments at the local union board.

All in all, I will be a full time union representative.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2016 :  16:30:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This does not belong in the humor section but it is screaming to be shared. Please do so. Happy new year kids and be,,, safer,,, this coming year. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2016 :  09:43:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

This does not belong in the humor section but it is screaming to be shared. Please do so. Happy new year kids and be,,, safer,,, this coming year. SS
Great video!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2016 :  20:14:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How far are you from Pacifica, Kil?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2016 :  23:21:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Almost 400 miles. Pacifica is in San Mateo county, north of Halfmoon bay. It's in the bay area close to San Francisco.

Pacifica, CA

The ocean is winning up and down our coast. It's just a matter of time.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2016 :  15:02:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Originally posted by Dave W.

Almost 400 miles. Pacifica is in San Mateo county, north of Halfmoon bay. It's in the bay area close to San Francisco.

Pacifica, CA

The ocean is winning up and down our coast. It's just a matter of time.

There's a March 2015 view on the Esplanade Avenue side of the apartments on Google Maps. "Land's End" indeed.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2016 :  18:52:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, the Land's End Apartment Homes are on the other side of Esplanade, and a little bit north of the places that are falling into the ocean.

Apparently, the city decided, last September, to tear down those apartments. They've been vacated for years, the article says, even though one can clearly see a banner in Street View advertising a one-bedroom, one-bath place with a "Pan-O-Ramic Ocean View" (the same O used for both words). I wonder how many calls that phone number gets.

And this article from 2009 says that one of the buildings was evacuated back then. It also suggests that the three very-similar-looking buildings are owned by different people, and that a company headquartered in Denver actually owns the beach at the base of the cliffs, so the apartment owners couldn't do anything themselves about protecting the buildings above. The boulders you can see in the video at the base of the beach were added by that Denver company within the last six years, to help slow the erosion.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2016 :  19:22:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy birthday, Machi4velli and Dr. Mabuse!

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.83 seconds.