Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  17:14:59  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ever since ID Creationist and pseudo-scientist Michael Behe called grad student and HIV researcher Abbie Smith of ERV a "Mean Girl," for showing the world his vast ignorance of HIV's evolution, Abbie's been comparing him to actress Lindsay Lohan ("LiLo"). I thought I'd contribute by riding down that philosophical track:

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 11/10/2007 17:17:31

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  18:54:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This classic image of actress Bridgette Bardot is provided here to restore female aesthetic equilibrium and reduce psychological shock. This image is provided as a public service which it is hoped will be effective regardless of philosophy, politics, religion or personal sexual preferences.

Edited by - Chippewa on 11/10/2007 18:59:23
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  19:41:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you. It certainly helped me. (Dang, she was a looker!)

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  19:42:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To add more background:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Ever since ID Creationist and pseudo-scientist Michael Behe called grad student and HIV researcher Abbie Smith of ERV a "Mean Girl," for showing the world his vast ignorance of HIV's evolution, Abbie's been comparing him to actress Lindsay Lohan ("LiLo").
I haven't seen the movie, but it's pretty clear from the plot summaries that when Behe "casted" Abbie as a "mean girl," then to complete the analogy he would have had to cast himself in Lohan's role. Sorry if that was obvious, but it took me a while to figure it out.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  19:57:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

To add more background:

Ever since ID Creationist and pseudo-scientist Michael Behe called grad student and HIV researcher Abbie Smith of ERV a "Mean Girl," for showing the world his vast ignorance of HIV's evolution, Abbie's been comparing him to actress Lindsay Lohan ("LiLo").
I haven't seen the movie, but it's pretty clear from the plot summaries that when Behe "casted" Abbie as a "mean girl," then to complete the analogy he would have had to cast himself in Lohan's role. Sorry if that was obvious, but it took me a while to figure it out.
Well, I needed the help, so thanks for your research.

BTW, here's the original GQ cover that I edited:

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  22:13:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, even without Behe's head, Bardot spanks LiLo, no question.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  23:13:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

True. Bardot had one of the most beautiful faces I've ever seen.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  00:50:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

True. Bardot had one of the most beautiful faces I've ever seen.

The rest of her wasn't too shabby, either!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  02:34:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So true, Fil.

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  02:50:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ack... someone pass me a wire brush, need to scrub that image out of my eyes.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

cyan

2 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  08:11:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cyan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How does one add a photo to the post?

(I've a germaine one of Brigitte Bardot.)
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  08:21:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

Ack... someone pass me a wire brush, need to scrub that image out of my eyes.

Which one? Both are horrid. (excluding Bridgette, of course)

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 11/11/2007 08:48:20
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  09:47:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the link to Abby's blog, Mooner. I'm listening to her debate an HIV-evolution denier on the Infidel Guy radio show right now. Good stuff.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  11:02:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by cyan

How does one add a photo to the post?

(I've a germaine one of Brigitte Bardot.)
Ok, look up in the tool bar and you will see, to the left of the quotation " and # another icon. Put the cursor on it and it will say: "Insert Image." Click on it and in your text you will get [img][/img}. Put the address for your image between them and that's all there is to it: [img]address of picture of foxey lady[/img}.

And there you have it. Welcome to SFN!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  11:26:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definitely no contest.

marf, you mean this debate?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  12:27:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of the better comments on your work, Mooner:
Oh, great. Now I'm not only old and fat, but now I'm gay.
I love the Internets.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.