Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  22:05:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

pleco, you left out "and don't occur in public restrooms."

Doh!

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  03:39:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Democrat or not, I don't see any way to defend this hypocrite, nor wish to. He'd been a big-time prosecutor of prostitution. Public perception naturally has to wonder if he's protected this prostitution ring while smacking down their competition. Naw, this dude's finished, and should resign at once, unless he's innocent.
Innocent or not, he's done like a dinner just by the accusation.

It reminds me, for no good reason, of a couple of GA counties, back when I was a kid. One was dry and if a resident wanted a little booze, he had to travel to the other. There were some attempts to change this unhappy state of affairs, all failing putatively on religious grounds. But in reality, they all failed because the county officials, from it's commissioners to the sheriff's office, were all related by family and bootleggers every one.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  07:23:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's the latest I've seen on it:
Eliot's Mess — Spitzer scandal details emerge

When the New York Times first indicated that New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer (D) was “involved” in a prostitution ring, there were far more questions than answers. It soon became obvious that the governor had paid for sex with a prostitute, but the whole story lacked some pertinent details.

Since then, the picture has become considerably clearer.
Evidently, he was doing some financial shennagans in an attempt to cover up the tracks to his pussy-payouts but was not involved in the hooker ring except as a customer. A fairly regular customer.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  07:38:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, on second thought I am going to delete that image and issue an apology - it just now dawned on me that it implies that having affairs of a homosexual nature is somehow below affairs of a heterosexual nature. I don't know why I didn't see that at first. I apologize. The only excuse I have is that in a rush to post something funny, I didn't think it through (I didn't make the original image, but saw it somewhere else)

by Filthy
Edited by - pleco on 03/11/2008 07:40:10
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  08:27:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by pleco

Yeah, on second thought I am going to delete that image and issue an apology - it just now dawned on me that it implies that having affairs of a homosexual nature is somehow below affairs of a heterosexual nature. I don't know why I didn't see that at first. I apologize. The only excuse I have is that in a rush to post something funny, I didn't think it through (I didn't make the original image, but saw it somewhere else)
I can see your logic for deleting the image, but people, I think, probably comprehended the irony of the comment, not the formal, literal meaning as you're considering it.

It is kind of odd that fundy, anti-gay, GOP politicians do seem to get involved in gay scandals on a more regular basis than do liberal Democratic politicians who support gay rights and actively court the gay vote. Playing on this hypocrisy and seeming contradiction can be funny. Most gays, I would think, would not take it as an attack upon themselves. They tend to regularly encounter, and dislike, hypocrisy, and will thus "get" it in the spirit intended.

I recommend caution in self-censorship. I did something akin to you gag with my Ray Comfort-Kirk Cameron parody image. I intend to leave it up. I trust it will not be taken as offensive except by those two and their followers. I admit I may be wrong, however.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 03/11/2008 08:30:37
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  08:58:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Originally posted by pleco

I recommend caution in self-censorship. I did something akin to you gag with my Ray Comfort-Kirk Cameron parody image. I intend to leave it up. I trust it will not be taken as offensive except by those two and their followers. I admit I may be wrong, however.

It's funny. When I saw your parody, I didn't take it as making fun of them for being gay, but that being gay would be offensive to them and their ilk - coupled with the apparent woman-hatred in Ray's "parody" of the original artwork and his other writings.

by Filthy
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  09:36:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about this one:

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  10:18:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm with Dude and Mooner. This fucking (literally) idiot we don't need in a year where every effort must be made to capture the hearts and alleged souls of the uncommitted!

The damn fool has terminal zipperitus worse than Bill Clinton! What is it with this political powertrip, stick-it-in-anything-that-moves
angst that seems to affect anyone that gets within fifty feet of the Beltway?

I mean, is it strictly testosterone poisoning?; or if Hillary is elected will she come down with post-menopausal nymphomania and get caught in the WhiteHouse sauna with the pool guy? Keee Ryest!!

I hope the Red Ranters draw and quarter Spitzer. This fucking, fucking hypocrite richly deserves anything they can do to him for his political stupidity and disregard for other Democrats gettin tarred by his pubic hair brush!
or
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  20:41:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
bng said:
What is it with this political powertrip, stick-it-in-anything-that-moves
angst that seems to affect anyone that gets within fifty feet of the Beltway?

I don't think the Beltway has anything to do with it. Just a guess, but this kind of thing is probably a common character trait among those who seek power. It is, after all, just another powertrip to spend $5k/hour for sex, or to get busy with a much younger woman in the Oval Office. Something to brag about to your friends, even if you never do brag about it.

Just think about how high on your power trip you have to be to imagine you'll never be caught in this day. Or how stupid you'd have to be. Think about it... he could have been making minuscule transfers, couple hundred at a time, to an offshore bank, and then used that offshore bank to pay for his high dollar hooker. Invincible arrogance.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.