Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Creation/Evolution
 PZ expelled from "Expelled" -- Dawkins slips in!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Archereon

New Zealand
32 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2008 :  19:52:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Archereon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another one for the liars vault
Richard Dawkins, World#8217;s Most Famous Darwinist, Stoops to Gate-crashing Expelled
[Complete text snipped due to copyright concerns and because it's just the original that Dembski copied - Dave W.]

West Ham Claret and Blue Army NZ div
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  08:06:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An admission from Mark Mathis:
I banned pz because I want him to pay to see it. Nothing more.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  08:36:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

An admission from Mark Mathis:
I banned pz because I want him to pay to see it. Nothing more.

So, now he is caught in another lie. The lie he told to Dawkins in the Q and A as his reason for not letting Myers in. No ticket was the reason he gave...

Spin, spin and more spin...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  05:37:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://cectic.com/129.html

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  07:18:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's Wikipedia's page on it:
Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed is a controversial[1] documentary film which claims that educators and scientists are being persecuted for their belief that there is evidence of design in nature. It claims that what they call “Big Science" allows no dissent from the scientific theory of evolution, and blames the theory for a range of modern movements from Nazism to Planned Parenthood.[2][3] Featuring Ben Stein, the film is due to be released on April 18, 2008.[4]

It's pretty complete & straight forward, and it wouldn't suprise me if it got 'edited' to better suit Mathis' version of the story.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  08:28:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And AiG's:
Several weeks ago, the Answers in Genesis (AiG) staff was treated to a viewing of the director's cut of the already-controversial film Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed.1 Expected to release April 18, Expelled is a hard-hitting, yet often humorous, documentary that chronicles how Darwin-dissenters have been ruthlessly expelled, or otherwise persecuted, in their professions. It is hosted by the very entertaining civil rights activist/economist/presidential speechwriter/cultural icon (actor and quiz-show host), Ben Stein, whom filmmakers follow as he goes on a personal quest to examine the origins question.

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed has become controversial not only because it exposes those academicians who persecute people who have a belief in the appearance of “design” in nature, but also because the film is already generating a negative reaction (including from some of the film's subjects who come off in a highly unflattering way, including famed atheist-scientist Richard Dawkins).

The brilliant host of Expelled,
Ben Stein, makes a point during
his meeting with AiG-U.S. President
Ken Ham just before a preview showing
of his film. This superb documentary
comes to theaters nationwide on April 18.

Pretty much as expected.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  23:22:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
John Wilkins has compiled a list of all the horrors the Darwinists have unleashed upon the jewish people : Stein is right: Darwinism causes antisemitism
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  23:30:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now we can all get expelled.
Posted on Stranger Fruit

Remember the e-mail I received stating that tonight's Expelled screening in Tempe was canceled? The e-mail simply stated:
The Tempe, AZ Screening has been canceled.
Well, Ken McKnight called the theater today two or so hours before the screening. Ken says:
I just called the Arizona Mills Harkins theater and said that I had heard that the private screening of Expelled had been moved from 7:00 to 6:00 (I didn't mention that I had been emailed that the showing was canceled). The person I spoke to confirmed that the movie is showing today at 6:00. Clearly the promoters are somehow screening the attendees and then sending out cancellation notices to the "undesirables."
There you go. Lying. Plain and simple and there is no way they can spin that.

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  01:43:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Starman

Now we can all get expelled.
Posted on Stranger Fruit

Remember the e-mail I received stating that tonight's Expelled screening in Tempe was canceled? The e-mail simply stated:
The Tempe, AZ Screening has been canceled.
Well, Ken McKnight called the theater today two or so hours before the screening. Ken says:
I just called the Arizona Mills Harkins theater and said that I had heard that the private screening of Expelled had been moved from 7:00 to 6:00 (I didn't mention that I had been emailed that the showing was canceled). The person I spoke to confirmed that the movie is showing today at 6:00. Clearly the promoters are somehow screening the attendees and then sending out cancellation notices to the "undesirables."
There you go. Lying. Plain and simple and there is no way they can spin that.

Wow! It's almost as if you'd have to camo up to get in, if you are not a believer. That's a hell of a way to promote a movie! Or a religion, for that matter.

The sad part is that it will probably be at least a modest success, as the blindly faithful and the easily impressed go out and get a fractured God-fix at Cineplex.

It's enough to make you ashamed to be of the same species.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  06:30:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

The sad part is that it will probably be at least a modest success, as the blindly faithful and the easily impressed go out and get a fractured God-fix at Cineplex.
Well, don't let them forget that they were once dreaming about it being a top-ten documentary. Nevermind that plenty of documentaries get wide showing but low grosses.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  04:01:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The woman is delusional!

"Expelled: “Denormalizing” the Darwin thugs
O'Leary
If I had heard the word “denormalizing” from a sociology prof, instead of from Ezra Levant, the courageous Canadian lawyer who is working to bring down Canada's unspeakable “human rights commissions”, I would just groan.

But, “denormalizing” is a useful term for the Expelled film's potential impact in the United States.

Consider, for example, the following recent events:

- When Rick Sternberg published a peer-reviewed paper in his Smithsonian journal that suggested support for intelligent design, a concerted effort was made to ruin his career. he was told not to come to the press conference disavowing the article because, he told Michael Powell of the Washington Post, “they could not guarantee me that they could keep order” among the distinguished Darwinist scientists (September 2005).

- At Iowa State University, brilliant young astronomer Guillermo Gonzalez was denied tenure. All sorts of questionable grounds were cited and strenuously defended (mostly by fans of materialism and Darwin). Then the e-mail trail showed that the true cause was his sympathy for intelligent design (in this case design of the universe). Did the other faculty fear his command of the evidence that demonstrates his argument? Note: The character of Gonzalez's opposition speaks for itself in that some continued to defend the mythical grounds even after the truth was out. (May 2007)

- At Baylor University, distinguished professor Robert Marks's Evolutionary Informatics Lab Web site was ripped down by disapproving faculty, clearly because he wanted to run simulations of Darwinian evolution that were not artificially designed to favor it (September 2007).

Most Americans knew little or nothing about these and many other Darwin fans' acts of thuggery and deceit. Hardly even a background hum."

They're still on about universities shitcanning professors due to incompentence. This should come as no suprise, as they have the likes of Wells and Behe on staff, and incompetence is the normal state of being at the Discovery Institute.

But I must admit: O'Leary is amazing!

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2008 :  11:23:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think we should all see this, if it's ever released, but we should not contribute to its attendance numbers.

As someone (I think it may have been PZ's daughter) suggested, see it at a cineplex. Buy a ticket for a different movie, then sneak into the Expelled theater, making sure ticket takers and your rational friends don't see you. (Does this make me a conspirator? If so, good! About time I defied The Machine.)

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  05:24:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be keeping an eye on Direct Connect hubs and Torrent sites, in case the piece of offal surface on the pirated films arena.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  06:55:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What Mab said. If it ends up out there in P2P land I'll download it.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  07:52:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Review from FauxNews.com
Scroll down!
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,348468,00.html
"Expelled" is a sloppy, all-over-the-place, poorly made (and not just a little boring) "expose" of the scientific community. It's not very exciting. But it does show that Stein, who's carved out a career selling eye drops in commercials and amusing us on sitcoms, is either completely nuts or so avaricious that he's abandoned all good sense to make a buck.

-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.