Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  18:24:27  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or something like that, anyway. This has got to be one of the bone-dumbist blogs ever, even for right-wing freakazoids. Open the link & dig their lists; they're a hoot. I'd of imaged 'em but for some reason, it won't work.

The beauty of is that you get to nominate Patriots and Traitors if you wish. Might be fun to fuck with these guy's heads.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  18:58:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sheesh. Once a person is on one of those lists, you can only "vote" them more as a Patriot or Traitor, whichever list they're on. There's no option to vote down Ann Coulter, nor any option to vote up Al Gore.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  14:25:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Please note: 'obnoxious submission will get you banned'.
'cause we can't risk having people developing their own opinion...

Also, I am surprised how low was Michael Moore on the traitor's list. Where has all the love gone, I ask you.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  05:40:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was tempted to put Charles Manson, et al., on their Patriot's list, but lost my computer before I decided. I won't do it from anyone else's.

Heh, who cares if they get banned from that joke of a site?

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  11:02:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ho; I don't care.

I just felt like mentioning that they only accepted comments from people ageing with them.
Alternative opinions will simply be treated as never having existed...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  23:03:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dave says:
There's no option to vote down Ann Coulter, nor any option to vote up Al Gore.
Yeah, but you can vote Stephen Colbert up!

From the Patriot's list.....
Colbert, a native southerner, is the conservative counterbalance to Comedy Central's resident liberal Jon Stewart. Colbert is best known for his furious defense of President George Bush and sharp criticism of the Main Stream Media at the 2006 White House Correspondent's Dinner. He is well known for his undying admiration of Bill O'Reilly and his scathing parodies of homosexuals (the ambiguously gay duo) and blame-america-firsters (you know who you are). The best part is that liberals often mindlessly mistake his genuine outrage for sarcasm and believe he's on their side while he's quite effectively evicerating them. Stephen Colbert...a true patriot in every sense.
This is some of the most marvelous stupidity I have ever read coming from the Utterly Ignorant Right! Please, everybody, vote for Colbert as the greatest Patriot on their list!!

Edited by - bngbuck on 05/24/2008 23:19:29
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  23:11:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by bngbuck

Please, everybody, vote for Colbert as the greatest Patriot on their list!!
PZ Myers has thousands of minions willing to poll crash. This should be pointed out to him.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  23:18:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

From the Patriot's list.....
Colbert, a native southerner, is the conservative counterbalance to Comedy Central's resident liberal Jon Stewart. Colbert is best known for his furious defense of President George Bush and sharp criticism of the Main Stream Media at the 2006 White House Correspondent's Dinner. He is well known for his undying admiration of Bill O'Reilly and his scathing parodies of homosexuals (the ambiguously gay duo) and blame-america-firsters (you know who you are). The best part is that liberals often mindlessly mistake his genuine outrage for sarcasm and believe he's on their side while he's quite effectively evicerating them. Stephen Colbert...a true patriot in every sense.
This is some of the most marvelous stupidity I have ever read coming from the Utterly Ignorant Right! Please, everybody, vote for Colbert as the greatest Patriot on their list!!

I did run over and vote for Colbert. Good idea!

But I suspect that whoever wrote the little bio on him snuck one in. Either that or the whole list is a joke.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  23:45:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is who these idiots are! Can anybody dream up a street address, phone, or e-mail address for them?

Who We Are: We are a couple who had enough: almost six years ago. We took a stand and have been standing ever since. We are patriots in the strongest sense of that word. We happen to be Conservative Republicans. We are Patriots FIRST. We are, Lee & Suesie Kent Hempfling, of Apache Junction, Arizona.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  04:12:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Here is who these idiots are! Can anybody dream up a street address, phone, or e-mail address for them?

Who We Are: We are a couple who had enough: almost six years ago. We took a stand and have been standing ever since. We are patriots in the strongest sense of that word. We happen to be Conservative Republicans. We are Patriots FIRST. We are, Lee & Suesie Kent Hempfling, of Apache Junction, Arizona.
Here's something that might or might not work. Check out the article -- our boy Lee Kent-H is a ratchet-jawed oaf as well as a deranged one and evidently he writes a lot. He also seems to think a lot which is not necessarily a good thing.

But alas, he and Suesie are merely a pair amongst a multitude of examples of evolution not always working to the the benefit of a species. I really don't know if contacting them is worth while, unless all you want to do is shake their cage. You surely won't open their minds to any different ideas.

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." -- Dr. Samuel Johnson

"I beg to submit that it is the first!" -- Ambrose Bierce

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  09:03:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Okay, it looks like you are right. I checked out filthy's link and did some other looking around.

I still think the Colbert thing is a joke that got by them because they really are idiots.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  11:42:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Filthy.....

But alas, he and Suesie are merely a pair amongst a multitude of examples of evolution not always working to the the benefit of a species. I really don't know if contacting them is worth while, unless all you want to do is shake their cage.
Actually, I do want to rattle their cage - loud - and I think I know how to do it if I can get their address, phone number, or e-mail address. I am currently doing an address search with a website that soecializes in that service, but I haven't received an answer back from them yet!

If I get an address for them, they're gonna get an avalanche of political spam like they never saw before, courtesy of the anti-insurgency department of political security of the Democratic Party!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  13:06:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, that's not quite as evil as putting fire ants in their underwear drawer, but I must ask: is it worth the trouble? These are mere clowns and I only linked them for laughs.

I'd suggest pimping them around the lefty & centrist, that is, the sane sites like a couple of twenty dollar hookers at a Republican booze-up convention. That would give them a large dose of the derision they deserve and who knows, someone just might do your dirty work for you/us.

Be old; be treacherous!

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  16:38:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Remember to vote for Colbert once a day...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  21:23:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just nominated Jon Stewart as a traitor. I hope they accept it.

My goal is to get a screen capture of CountryAboveSelf with Steven Colbert and Jon Stewart at the top of the two columns.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  02:54:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If they're dumb enough not to recognize Colbert's liberal-hidden-message via conservative parodies, then suggesting they support "patriotic" all-American causes - like MoveOn.org or having their long distance phone bills go to a patriotically "conservative" phone company such as Working Assets should be quite possible.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.