Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  07:03:30  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Crazy bitch, or just powerhungry with no morals.... You decide!

Check out the Olberman "special comment" about the special comments made by Hillary this week:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/23/clinton-kennedy-assassina_n_103319.html

Scroll down a bit to get to the Olberman video.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  07:47:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sigh. I heard about that and saw the Olberman thing yesterday. I can't imagine what she was thinking. Crazy...

Her desperation is showing now. If she doesn't get out very soon she will do what's left of her reputation nothing but harm. I really thought better of her.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  08:47:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If she had come back right away with an apology, a sincere and real one, this would be over and less relevant that the "sniper fire" lie.

But her apparent lack of comprehension, or plain refusal to admit she chose her words poorly, (or worse yet, maybe she really is hoping for an assasssination) is pretty sad.

I don't know if I'd vote for her if she was going to be the nominee. I doubt I'd vote for Jonny Mac, but if she somehow manages to be the dem nominee I'll just sit this election out.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  09:09:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, guess it is over then.

The Pain - "At Least That Thing Is Finally Dead"
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  10:54:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anything's better than the Republican. Anything! I'd vote for her and I figure that I don't have to like it. I'd vote for Typhoid Mary before I would McCain because I really don't see where there is any choice in the matter. The country does not need another term of neo-con policies, and I don't want to sit around hoping the president & his entire administration will do us the favor of croaking en masse, as I've been doing for the last 7+.

McCain is little more than Bush with a senility factor.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  11:06:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm not convinced that Clinton would be much better than Bush/McCain. Not saying I'd vote for JonnyMac, just saying that if democrats prove they are just as scumbagish, or worse (like hoping for an assassination so you can get the nomination)... I'll be exploring other options that don't involve a ballot box.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  11:14:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok; I will be optimistic and hop that she just wanted to illustrate her point. When he was murdered; Bobby Kennedy was still campaigning. So the campaign was not over... and it was in June.

But, I would expect her to be smarter (and more experienced) than jeopardizing her party's chances.
So either we are severely overestimating her and her strategists or there is something that we don't know/understand going on (negotiations under the table?).

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  13:15:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think she simply made a very poorly-considered statement. Not a good sign never the less, as "lynch the nigger" thoughts seem to be going around, not excluding that idiot Huckabee's remark to the NRA (of which I am not a member), also ill-considered. If (when?) Obama is elected, I'd not be too suprised to see one or more of those shitheads of whom we all know give it the ol' Klannage try.

This is turning out to be an historic election, and anyone who thinks that's a good thing needs to start smoking something else. But it certainly is as fascinating to watch as it is futile to analyze.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  13:48:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
filthy - Very well put. I think she's blown the chances of Barack Obama offering her the VP slot in the campaign, but then again, this is a wild and woolly time. As one pundit mentioned, if she were VP and six months into the presidency Barack said to Hillary, "I need you to attend a banquet in Finland", would she go?

Right now, I'm wondering if Wesley Clark might be a good choice to run with Obama. He's a democrat, Hillary supporter, retired general - might quite things down and make a good foil to McCain's military background.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  14:54:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Chippewa

filthy - Very well put. I think she's blown the chances of Barack Obama offering her the VP slot in the campaign, but then again, this is a wild and woolly time. As one pundit mentioned, if she were VP and six months into the presidency Barack said to Hillary, "I need you to attend a banquet in Finland", would she go?

Right now, I'm wondering if Wesley Clark might be a good choice to run with Obama. He's a democrat, Hillary supporter, retired general - might quite things down and make a good foil to McCain's military background.
I think that General Clark would be an excellent choice any way you cut it; arguably the best one out there.

I also think that Hillary would indeed go to Finland; it would be her job and no one has ever accused her of being a slacker. I wonder about Bill, though. What influence would he have on an Obama/Clinton administration? Indeed, what influence might he have on one that doesn't include his wife?

And if (when?) Obama/Not-Hillary is elected what to do with her? Back to the Senate? That's a pretty good idea, but why not nominate her to the Supreme Court? There's going to be a number of openings this next term and getting her on the bench would keep her out of trouble for life as well as smoothing ruffled, Clintonian feathers. As for Bill, hell, everybody overseas loves him, so appoint him Secretary of State.

But then, it's a bit premature for these speculations. I have little doubt that the Republican election-riggers are already gearing up to screw Obama or Clinton if they can.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  16:19:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dude.....

I'm actually kind of grateful for the Hillary meltdown. Although I agree with Filthy that absolutely anything is better than McCain, more Republican Fascism, and an endless continuation of Cheney/Bush/Neocon policies; I think it is well that Hillary-Billary has exposed her true colors!

It is not a pretty sight, but I, for one, am glad to see the real Hillary and the full Clinton Concept revealed in all it's ugliness!! There was a time I was all for her as a liberal and a badly-needed woman potential President. No more! She and Bill are as common-dirt political hacks as the worst of the Republican slash and burn barbarians! I would HATE to have to vote for her if she got the Dem nomination, but I'm afraid I would! Talk about Hobson's Choice!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  17:53:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'Tis better to have Hobson's Choice than the Faustian Bargain the Republicans have made, dating back to Reagan. I'm comfortable with it.

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 05/24/2008 17:54:57
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  23:25:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe I'm just not cynical enough (or maybe too cynical?) to vote for her anyway if she were to be the nominee. I want to be able to live with myself after an election. Sitting it out seems like a better option to me than voting for JonnyMac or Hillary at this point.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  07:47:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

Maybe I'm just not cynical enough (or maybe too cynical?) to vote for her anyway if she were to be the nominee. I want to be able to live with myself after an election. Sitting it out seems like a better option to me than voting for JonnyMac or Hillary at this point.

See, I have never had this problem and never considered not voting. It is easy for me to vote for our liar rather than their liar.
And with the looming wipe out the republicans are facing in races for congressional and senate seats, a democrat in the white house, any democrat in the white house would mean a reversal of the insane policies of the last eight years. I would sleep fine at night knowing that my liar was not an anti science, anti choice, anti healthcare, (this list could go on) neocon.

Slick Willie left the country better off when he left with his 65% approval rating. And we all saw him lie through his teeth. Sure, he was better at it than Hillary, but what the hell?

Doesn't really matter though. Hillary has run off at the mouth one time to many it seems. In all likelihood, the Hillary option is off the table...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  12:07:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kil....

Although it pains me greatly to say it, you are absolutely right! Billary are a quintessential lying political douchebag pair, but they're our lying douchebags, not the fascist neocons! And that is all the difference in the world!

Talk about not being able to live with yourself! How about by failing to cast your vote against the continuation of Bush/Cheney for 4 or even 8 more years until we become the Fourth Reich, with Mein Führer McCain leading the jackboots?
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  12:24:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kil said:
Slick Willie left the country better off when he left with his 65% approval rating. And we all saw him lie through his teeth. Sure, he was better at it than Hillary, but what the hell?

All politicians lie, so what?

I'm talking about a depth of delusion that is just as frightening to me as that of the neocons. Hillary doesn't appear much different in her Iraq position than McCain, sure, they word it up a bit different... but the substance seems the same.

Add in her apparent wish for an Obama assassination, her delusion of ever being "under sniper fire", etc...

-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
Edited by - Dude on 05/25/2008 21:29:58
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.