Scott McClellan spills the beans......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  14:39:13  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
.... too bad that it was nothing that we didn't already know.

It is my understanding that the Bush dimwits are calling Scotty Mac "disgruntled" and the tome isn't even out yet.

My own feelings on the matter are.... Oh hell, The Rude Pundit feels the same way and says it better.

"5/28/2008

Scott McClellan Confesses for His Damned Soul (and Lots of Cash):

The Rude Pundit has always had great admiration for those who easily offer forgiveness for mortal offenses: the father of a murder victim accepting the apology of the killer, the elderly woman in the hospital granting pardon to the man who broke her arm snatching her purse, the scarred victim of a terrorist explosion wishing peace to the family of the suicide bomber. For, indeed, one of the true gifts of the teachings of the biblical Christ is the capacity to forgive those who commit heinous acts. It is, perhaps, the only way to stay sane in this world. But, still, it is not the path most of us actually have the tenacity to take.

While the Rude Pundit nurses few or no grudges in his daily life, there are times, yes, there are times when someone asks for forgiveness that he says, simply, even plaintively, "Oh, no. Never." For instance, now that former Bush administration press secretary Scott McClellan has spilled his guts for a big advance and a chance to up his speaking engagement fees, there is an implicit begging for absolution like a child molesting priest at the feet of an eye-rolling bishop ("Oh, fuck, not again")."

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  00:48:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Filthy.....

It seems to me tha McClellan is simply another typical political toady that would gladly cut off his balls if so ordered by his Leaders. These folks have no values, no self worth, nothing but an inherent need to do as they are told by Authority!

McClellan whacked his gonies early on in his association with the Neocons, as all the Followers had to. After getting the boot, his tiny brain started thinking - "why not get something for yourself, now? You have kissed ass for years, now why not tell, and make a buck at it? So he did! Probably the only smart thing the asshole ever did in his stupid life!
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  09:13:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never envied his position as the mouthpiece for the Bush Administration - talk about a thankless job. But of course, he volunteered for that job and struggled mightily to do it 'well.' And it's clearly slimy to try and cash in at this late date, and probably try to soothe his personal guilt as well, by blowing the whistle on the Ass Hole in Chief. Unfortunately it's A. way too late to do any good and B. already common knowledge. So really all he's done is set himself up for a fat pay check. He probably feels like he's doing no harm to the 'movement' because his expectation is that liberals are going to run out and buy the book so all their hatreds for GW Dumbass can be reinforced by a well placed turncoat. And he'd happily get rich by spoon-feeding liberals, I'm sure.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  11:06:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The main of not the sole benefit of all this is the vast amusment it will provide us as Bush's Baboons try to discredit McClellan (whilst weeping great tears of crocodilia that such a loyal fellow could lose his shit so badly). It's started with Jeff Gannon nee' Gluckert (remember him?) saying to the effect that this is not the Scott McClellan that he knew for two years, and he knew him better than anyone. One wonders.

It hasn't really started yet but I think that a couple of days after the book goes on sale (Monday) the faeces will begin to fly most satisfactorly.

And I don't think that will be anything like the end of it due to what I like to think of as the Running Rat Syndrom. Others, both in & out of the administration have their stories, some of them complete fabrications, will see McClellan's success and try to cash in as well.

It's gonna be some long-overdue fun!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.