New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Helpfuljosh

Netherlands
5 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2015 :  03:03:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Helpfuljosh's Homepage Send Helpfuljosh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope some new studies from the legalized states (Colorado, Oregon) will prove the gateway theory is a farce. Of course young people like to experiment and they might start with MJ and move to stronger stuff but blaming it on the weed as if the urges of pot drive you to harder drugs is absurd.

Nice discussion to read!

Colorado has been legaized for one year now I guess some studies will come out soon, stating the effect on crime and use. Looking forward to that.

Here is a small piece on the legalisation in Oregon:
http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/legal-marijuana-growing-oregon-coming-soon/
Go to Top of Page

mouni

USA
1 Post

Posted - 03/10/2015 :  00:28:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send mouni a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Marijuana is usually rolled up in a cigarette called a joint or a nail. It can also be brewed as a tea or mixed with food, or smoked through a water pipe called a bong. Long-term use can cause psychotic symptoms. It can also damage the lungs and the heart, worsen the symptoms of bronchitis and cause coughing and wheezing. It may reduce the body’s ability to fight lung infections and illness.
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2015 :  12:56:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, it's nice how they've kept marijuana illegal all these years. Meanwhile, 500,000 Americans drop dead each year from legal tobacco use. Something screwy here. Public health here in the states is a joke.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2015 :  16:55:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by mouni
It can also damage the lungs and the heart, worsen the symptoms of bronchitis and cause coughing and wheezing. It may reduce the body’s ability to fight lung infections and illness.

Sounds just like the risk of smoking.
So, what if I go for brewing it as tea instead?

What is the difference between smoking it and making tea of it anyway?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Helpfuljosh

Netherlands
5 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2015 :  06:08:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Helpfuljosh's Homepage Send Helpfuljosh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it would be much wiser to differentiate between people still using marijuana in stead of people who have tried it once.
I know that a lot of people have used it here in the Netherlands but regular users are pretty rare. You experiment with it when 16 - 17 but at University nobody was doing it anymore, they all moved to alcohol. And I am quite sure that from those regular users (which is a small group in the Netherlands) almost none ever moved to using harder substances.

If done properly (the research I mean) I would not be surprised if alcohol has a more convincing gateway function then marijuana.

Pardon my english, I am not a native speaker...
Go to Top of Page

ChristopherAndrews
Spammer

USA
1 Post

Posted - 05/28/2019 :  05:34:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ChristopherAndrews a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As indicated by the National Institutes of Health, individuals have utilized weed, or cannabis, to treat their diseases for at any rate 3,000 years. Nonetheless, the Food and Drug Administration has not considered cannabis sheltered or powerful in the treatment of any ailment, in spite of the fact that cannabidiol, a substance that is available in maryjane, got an endorsement in June 2018 as a treatment for certain sorts of epilepsy.

For More indoor grow tips visit website. [Spam link deleted - Dave W.]
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2019 :  19:19:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ChristopherAndrews

As indicated by the National Institutes of Health, individuals have utilized weed, or cannabis, to treat their diseases for at any rate 3,000 years.
And traditional Chinese medicine has been used for 5,000 years, but it's mostly nonsense. Just because something has been used for a long time doesn't mean it works as its proponents describe.

Otherwise, we would still be treating diseases as imbalances of the humors.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2019 :  03:34:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not treated the disease. Maybe alleviated the symptoms...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.