Claims List
Skeptic Links
Book Reviews
Gift Shop
Staff

Server Time: 18:51:08
Your Local Time:

Skeptic Summary

Printer Friendly Printer Friendly Version of this Article... Bookmark Bookmark This Article...

Skeptic Summary #85

By The Staff
Posted on: 4/1/2006

Another special note, a trifecta of hat tricks, eggstanding, best of the best, workable cloning and more!

Week ending April 1, 2006 (Vol 3, #12)

Welcome to the Skeptic Summary, a quick week-in-review guide to the Skeptic Friends Network and the rest of the skeptical world.

A Note from Dave W:
Okay, Kil was annoyed that I cropped my face out of the photo I posted last week, so click here for the unedited version.
Forum Highlights:
Cranial Subluxation - An interesting twist.

Phrenology Revisited - So what happens if I get hit with a hammer?

The 10% figure has been downgraded - It seems most people only use 3% of their brains, clocked.

Editor’s Choice: Equinox Egg Equilibrium Experiment - They fall over right at midnight, just as advertised.
Best of April, 2006:
Topic of the Month - beskeptigal grapples with a major problem facing today’s society, but comes out on top.

Post of the Month - The perfect example of why people shouldn’t take things on Web forums too seriously.
Kil’s Evil Pick:
Human Cloning - It’s been done!
Chat Highlights:
Sunday: Due to Sweden’s early time change, everyone but Mab came early to chat and left because nobody else was there.

Wednesday: Blah, blah, blah. People came and people left. Same as last week. Same as every stinking, lousy week. If anything brilliant or even halfway clever was said, I missed it. So there I am, hosting chat and I can hardly keep my eyes open. I’m drooling down my chin for the simple fact that I need some sort sensory experience. (I thought about standing toothpicks in my eyes to hold them open…) And when it’s all over, I have to write a stinking summary for this stinking chat. And for what? Do they pay me? Forget about it. To the esteemed administrators who gave me this job, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah and blahhh… — Cuneiformist

Come chat with us.
New Members this Week:
We’ve decided that the SFN has enough diversity, and so have closed registration.

Elsewhere in the World:
Bad Science

Friends Reunion Rejected by Male Castmember

Hebrew is the last common ancestor of all languages

Scientology exclusive

Thomas Edison’s Whacky Inventions

What’s New

Got some skeptic news items? Send them to us, and we’ll think about adding them.
Book of the Week:
We, the staff of the SFN, have become convinced that anything and everything worth knowing is available on the Internet, and we are therefore discontinuing our “Book of the Week” feature.

More issues of the Skeptic Summary can be found in our archive.

The Skeptic Summary is produced by the staff of the Skeptic Friends Network, copyright 2006, all rights reserved.

Read or Add Comments about the Skeptic Summary

Back to Skeptic Summary

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds.