New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Jayster

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2003 :  14:25:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Jayster a Private Message
You heard the one about John the Pope and the three nuns? They lived in the temple and one evening the Pope took a late shower but forgot his towel. He figured he'd run for it but down the hall the three nuns were a coming. He decided to hide beside some statues. One of the nuns noticed a peculiar statue and said watch this sisters and grabed his wrinkled weenie and gave it a tug and laughed. The second nun said this is how they do it and gave it a few tugs. The third nun said watch this and gave a few tugs as well,and then she said wow it's a miracle,lotion has appeared in my hand.

Jayster
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2003 :  21:10:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2003 :  14:44:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
You know, I actually have that for my car.

...no one has ever found a 4.5 billion year old stone artifact (at the right geological stratum) with the words "Made by God."
No Sense of Obligation by Matt Young

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith. I consider the capacity for it terrifying and vile!"
Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

They (Women Marines) don't have a nickname, and they don't need one. They get their basic training in a Marine atmosphere, at a Marine Post. They inherit the traditions of the Marines. They are Marines.
LtGen Thomas Holcomb, USMC
Commandant of the Marine Corps, 1943
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2003 :  13:57:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
http://www.funtown.com/19nfun/19nfun.cfm

Who remembers what all that's been put on here, so, sorry if you've seen it before. Just saw it again in a newsletter email, I thought it was 'cute'.

Whoops! Forgot....I guess I should mention, if you are easily ofended (or under 25), DON't click that web site.
Edited by - Snake on 06/01/2003 14:02:28
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  00:08:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
What do you call someone who is crazy about hot chocolate?
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V

A Cocoa nut.

Thank you Popsicle stick!
Go to Top of Page

Tim
SFN Regular

USA
775 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  02:17:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tim a Private Message
quote:
Is it actually on your car? If it is, please steer clear of the rural south...

"We got an issue in America. Too many good docs are gettin' out of business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their -- their love with women all across this country." Dubya in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, 9/6/2004
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  22:26:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Tim

quote:
Is it actually on your car? If it is, please steer clear of the rural south...

Rural South, nothing......my X-sister who lives in the California desert, sort of a rural place too but still not the deep south, she once to told me to take off a bumper sticker I had on my car that mocked religion when I go visit her, ....'or I might get shot.' So, I'd say that sort of thing can happen anywhere when people are unwilling to accept others who don't think like they do.
Go to Top of Page

walt fristoe
SFN Regular

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2003 :  10:23:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send walt fristoe a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Snake

Whoops! Forgot....I guess I should mention, if you are easily ofended (or under 25), DON't click that web site.

Hey Snake!
That was pretty funny! I'm neither easily offended nor under 25, so I had a look. I had, in fact, not seen it before, so even if it was old, it was new to me. I was in great suspense the whole way through the cartoon, wondering just what the denoument would be. I wasn't disappointed, and yet, I have to wonder: how does Johnny know what his dad looks like in the shower? Maybe his dad was a priest, huh?

"If God chose George Bus of all the people in the world, how good could God be?"
Bill Maher
Edited by - walt fristoe on 06/04/2003 10:26:21
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2003 :  20:19:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by walt fristoe
Hey Snake!
That was pretty funny! I'm neither easily offended nor under 25, so I had a look. I had, in fact, not seen it before, so even if it was old, it was new to me. I was in great suspense the whole way through the cartoon, wondering just what the denoument would be. I wasn't disappointed, and yet, I have to wonder: how does Johnny know what his dad looks like in the shower? Maybe his dad was a priest, huh?

Good question. LOL. Guess I should learn to 'think outside the lines' more oten. I was caught up in the humor too and didn't wonder.
Glad there are others (& you) to put things in perspective.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2003 :  21:36:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Trish wrote:
quote:
I read a quite-convincing argument once that the "evolve fish" and its many cousins shouldn't be used to advertise one's anti-creationist stance, since usurping someone's religious symbol to mock them is a sure-fire way to get that person irrationally angry. Once they're that pissed off, any attempt to reason with them about evolution will be wasted. And, of course, since "evolutionism" isn't itself a religion, stealing someone's religious symbol to promote it seems sort of gauche.

I'd wanted one of those things for my car for quite some time (never got around to getting one), but after reading that argument I actually frown at the things when I see 'em. Of course, I frown even more deeply at the truth-fish-eating-the-evolve-fish one...

Geez... So much for humor...

Okay, so this grasshopper walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "hey, we've got a drink named after you!" The grasshopper looks stunned, and asks, "you've got a drink named Earl?"

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2003 :  23:50:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Okay, so this grasshopper walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "hey, we've got a drink named after you!" The grasshopper looks stunned, and asks, "you've got a drink named Earl?"

ROFLOL

quote:
I read a quite-convincing argument once that the "evolve fish" and its many cousins shouldn't be used to advertise one's anti-creationist stance, since usurping someone's religious symbol to mock them is a sure-fire way to get that person irrationally angry. Once they're that pissed off, any attempt to reason with them about evolution will be wasted. And, of course, since "evolutionism" isn't itself a religion, stealing someone's religious symbol to promote it seems sort of gauche.

I'd wanted one of those things for my car for quite some time (never got around to getting one), but after reading that argument I actually frown at the things when I see 'em. Of course, I frown even more deeply at the truth-fish-eating-the-evolve-fish one...

Dave,
I've always wanted one too, like you haven't gotten one for the car but do have a sun visor and little lapel pin, AND I do wear them once in a while.
I would say, go ahead and do get one if you want to, the Xians stole the idea of a fish from the Greeks anyway.....so what's new? And even if they didn't steel it, why is the fish exclusive to THEM? At least the DARWIN 'fish' has more meaning, IMO.
Only reason I might not get one for my car now is that it's still fairly new and I wouldn't want anything to happen to it, if you know what I mean. Xians aren't very Xian sometimes!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  07:48:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Snake wrote:
quote:
Xians aren't very Xian sometimes!
Well, we could try to one-up them on the Christian Kindness scale by not overtly mocking them. Why not take the moral high ground? And, of course, it doesn't much matter if they stole the fish, since two wrongs don't make a right.

A guy walks into a bar with a frog on his head. The bartender says, "hey, that's neat, where'd you get it?" And the frog says, "I dunno. It started out as a little bump on my butt."

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2003 :  00:12:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

Snake wrote:
quote:
Xians aren't very Xian sometimes!
Well, we could try to one-up them on the Christian Kindness scale by not overtly mocking them. Why not take the moral high ground? And, of course, it doesn't much matter if they stole the fish, since two wrongs don't make a right.

2 wrongs don't make a right? LOL, what! You must be a parent.
I'm content saying rude things about anyone. Hell! I've put up with it all my life, time for 'pay back', if you want to use another cliché.
BTW, what is 'moral high ground'? Doesn't sound like something I'd want to have either.
quote:

A guy walks into a bar with a frog on his head. The bartender says, "hey, that's neat, where'd you get it?" And the frog says, "I dunno. It started out as a little bump on my butt."

ROFLOL.
Hey! Are these jokes from some kind of frog joke book or something?
Waiting to hear more.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2003 :  07:29:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Snake wrote:
quote:
Nah. I don't remember where I heard the grasshopper joke, and I got the frog joke from Garrison Keillor. Here's another from the same joke show:

Son: "Dad, I want to be a guitar player when I grow up."
Dad: "Well, son, you can't have it both ways."

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2003 :  15:57:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

Snake wrote:
quote:
Nah. I don't remember where I heard the grasshopper joke, and I got the frog joke from Garrison Keillor. Here's another from the same joke show:

Son: "Dad, I want to be a guitar player when I grow up."
Dad: "Well, son, you can't have it both ways."

LOL
Took me a few seconds to get it.
Thanks.
Maybe that's because I haven't grown up yet either!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.