Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2004 :  15:02:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
Before I begin: I assume now that you've given up on the whole trees argument. You've had some opportunity to demonstrate your case, but thus far you're done nothing to convince anyone. Should we expect lots of 4,000 year old trees? How many trees ever even reach that age? How common is it for a tree to petrify? How do you explain at least one instance of a tree which lived from before your supposed flood to the near present day?

You've made no significant effort to deal with any of this in a satisfactory way, so I suggest that you move on to a better argument. Remember: it's OK to concede on a point or two, but when you can offer no viable evidence for your position, and similarly can present no viable critique against a rival one, you should reconsider which one you'll subscribe to!

Now...

quote:
Originally posted by verlch

The dead sea scrolls is a perfect example of the bible not changing one jot or tittle as the bible says. The bible was written by hand for 2000 years after the death of chirst, 2004 AD (hmmm interesting human years count down to the birth or Christ and up til now after his birth!!!) and in 1947 the scrolls are found, nothing had changed. Men wrote the scripture and buried it and it did not change in 2000 years.

Actually, verlch, it's just the opposite. The DSS have demonstrated a number of cases where our Bible of the present did make a number of mistakes. These are usually small-- omissions of words, or incongruent facts (e.g. How many cubits was Goliath? 1 Sam 17:4 says 6, but the DSS say 4). But I'd say that comes at least to a change in a jot, if not more!

And your observation about why "human years" are counted from the supposed birth of Jesus is so facile! The idea to count years starting with the birth of Jesus originated among-- get this-- Christians! Jews, Muslims, and plenty of non-Western cultures often still use non-Jesus-based methods of counting (though most still also pay attention to the Western method, if only because of the pervasivness of the culture in the world.)

quote:
I wonder what was in Alexander the Greats libary, and I wonder what is in the babylonian libary, what ancient secret is kept under lock and key....

http://historical.benabraham.com Here are some phallac symbols in the world church, proof Babylon still lives!!!!

Not sure what this is about. There is plenty of material on what ancient Mesopotamians kept in their librares (incidently, some of that material also went largely unchanged for thousands of years-- should we all start worshipping Marduk?). No need to look at the full-of-crap websites like the one you linked above. Babylon still lives? Perhaps in the mind of freakish New World Order/One World Government/World Church conspiracy theorists, or Left Behind-reading Fundies. But not in any sane person's reality...

quote:
What came first the chicken or the egg???? What magically happened in the past with no evidence of it today? I'm sure you guys know!!! LOL...

Happily for me, when faced with difficult questions I don't resolve them in that sadly primative way by inventing gods and invoking the supernatural.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2004 :  16:16:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.
The only thing I've heard is that Protestant ministers have the same divorce rate as everyone else (in the U.S.), though I wouldn't be surprised, given the conflicting tales told by mass media and the Bible, that lots of fundamentalist women are throwing off that subservience nonsense.
Funny you should mention this, because a Pentecostal minister in Sweden has found the ultimate solution to avoid the God-forbidden act of divorce:
He is now standing trial for murdering his first wife (to be able to marry a second, though it was first thought to be an accident),
and for manipulating a former lover (and nanny) to murder his second wife, and instigation of attempted murder of the husband of yet another woman he had recently started an affair with.
The young nanny who held the gun was brainwashed and manipulated into committing this murder and attempted murder by the minister. Parts of the evidence that she was his "good Christian wife" kind of puppy was the number of SMS that was retrieved from his and her cell-phones.

Now, what does this has to do with evolution?

Hmm... let me see...

Natural selection will eventually weed out stupid and megalomaniac ministers from the service of the church.

The fact that Verlch obviously had a lousy marriage, because he married a woman that was not mentally compatible with him, is a very poor excuse to revert to such medieval (as someone else said) standard for behaviour.

Having had a beer or two, and being tired, I'll refrain to rant much more. Those rants would probably have included words "science", "ages past", "Technophobia", "patriarch-society", "Amish", and "kinsmen".

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2004 :  16:39:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
How do you explain at least one instance of a tree which lived from before your supposed flood to the near present day?

And where is this tree?

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2004 :  17:18:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

How do you explain at least one instance of a tree which lived from before your supposed flood to the near present day?

And where is this tree?

Again with the damned trees! Are you studying to become a fossil arborist?

Here's the bristlecone:

quote:
Currently, the oldest living specimen known is an individual of Pinus longaeva nick-named "Methuselah", located in the White Mountains of eastern California, measured by sample cores to be about 4,700 years old. There could possibly be older specimens surviving elsewhere in the White Mountains and/or in remote parts of Nevada, but none have yet been located.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristlecone_pine

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 05/19/2004 17:20:27
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2004 :  18:11:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
But verlch old sock, it just occured to me: you're learning.

Fer 'xample, I make a claim about old trees (I am getting sick of discussing trees) up in the mountains that you've never heard of. Now, you can do one of two things; you can search for evidence of my claim, find it or not, and if I've been talking through my hat, you can shove that evidence or lack thereof down my throat, hat and all. Or, you can demand that I come up with the claim's support, which you just did.

Now, can we get off this tree kick and go to something else? It's been covered to redundancy.

How 'bout bats? There's an interesting subject. They're not really well known in the fossil record because of the delicatcy of their bones and that they are primarly dwellers of forests and plains. The Bible has it that they are birds. Elaborate?

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2004 :  18:18:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
filthy wrote:
quote:
Yup, but he's still not playing "fair" in that he's still refusing to do that one thing that any of us would do without hesitation (support our assertions). I'm gonna go update his list...

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2004 :  18:42:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

filthy wrote:
quote:
Yup, but he's still not playing "fair" in that he's still refusing to do that one thing that any of us would do without hesitation (support our assertions). I'm gonna go update his list...

All things in their own, good time......

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2004 :  19:01:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
The list of assertions verlch has assumed to be true (or has implied are true), without supporting:
  1. No fossilized tree has ever been shown to be more than 2,000 years old at its death.

2. We should be able to find fossilized trees older than 2,000 years at their deaths if the Earth is old.

3. Some unnamed guy bred billions of generations of fruit flies.

4. None of those fruit flies ever showed any hints of evolving.

5. But they were all unique.

6. Earth displays the same evidence of being manufactured as a watch.

7. Human brains defy nature.

8. There are more neurons in a human brain than there are stars in the universe.

9. The Bible contains truth.

10. Christians and Jews are executed for their beliefs today and will be in the future.

11. Saddam tried to rebuild Babylon.

12. At least one person was convinced of evolution by the Piltdown Man hoax.

13. "Learned men" (supposedly scientists) would kill people for not believing the world was flat 400 years ago.

14. Teachers wouldn't have jobs if they didn't believe in evolution.

15. Those same teachers can't explain individual humans' uniqueness.

16. There is no scientific explanation for clouds floating.

17. The teachers of our teachers were strong atheists.

18. Strong atheism promotes job security and ensures the publication of papers and books.

19. People who understand evolution think it means "we evolved from nothing."

20. There is no visible proof of evolution.

21. There are trillions of species extant today.

22. Cosmic accidents are worthless.

23. Nobody who understands evolution also glorifies God.

24. Earth is "what the universe would have been like if the Devil had controlled it."

25. "Lucifer was in heaven with God and he rejected Him."

26. "Isreal was God's choosen people and the rejected Him."

27. God lead the Israelites through the desert in a cloud.

28. The story of Noah and the Flood as found in the Bible is accurate.

29. The people here take joy in mocking Christians and Jews.

30. The dead are capable of knowledge.

31. We can't see evidence of macroevolution today.

32. Trees have existed for as long as the Earth.

33. There are upside-down fossilized trees with roots intact.

34. Only a global flood can explain such fossils.

35. Fossilized fish show evidence that they were gasping for air.

36. The same fossilized fish have broken backs and are twisted by a "global force."

37. Geological strata are "broken and smashed" in all directions.

38. Evolution "has no purpose" for humans breathing air.

39. We should be able to find 4,500-year-old fossilized bristlecone pines.

40. There are upside-down fossils of trees which show no signs of rot.

41. A global flood coupled with hydrological sorting and swimming humans explains the relative positions of fossils to one another.

42. A plethora of "missing links" should be found in the fossil record.

43. Such "missing links" would "prove" evolution.

44. Carbon dating is so error-prone that it is fair to call it fiction.

45. Ideas about the evolution of humans are falsified simply because verlch cannot "attest" to them.

46. The Earth can be carbon dated.

47. The process by which granite forms is unknown.

48. Scientists cannot explain how a mustard seed grows into a plant.

49. Evolution tells us that fish evolved into mammoths which evolved into elephants.

50. Evolution tells us that monkeys evolved from chaos.

51. There should be "millions and billions" of transitional fossils.

52. We have proved that fossilization happens easily.

53. To prove evolution, we need to provide an entire timeline of a species evolution (implied: from the original lifeform on Earth).

54. Nobody's ever burned On the Origin of Species.

55. The Earth is 70% water.

56. The fact that people are complicated proves the existence of God.

57. The penalty of sin is death.

58. Bugs, plants, oxygen and soil were all required, together, at some point in the distant past.

59. Evolutionary theory tells us that water "magically" came into being.

60. When Noah's Ark is found, we will all "dismiss it as a fairy tale."

61. We wear clothes for no other reason but shame.

62. God made humans the "best" creatures on Earth.

63. That humans wear clothes proves the Bible to be correct.

64. Mustard seeds are simple.

65. Millions of fossilized trees have had their rings counted.

66. Trees petrify and then they die.

67. Sources of information which contradict one another should be trusted.

68. Volcanos and lava can exist on a planet which is "void and without form."

69. A fossilized tree which died when it was really old would "prove" evolution.

70. Without such a tree, the theory falls apart.

71. Trees should fossilize easily.

72. We "don't like" the idea of a Creator.

73. We attempt to "explain away facts."

74. We "champion life from nothing."

75. We ignore "strange facts."

76. We dismiss "strange facts" as lies.

77. Without even bothering to examine them.

78. verlch has given us "facts."

79. Explaining life without God is purposeless.

80. We think God's laws are difficult to follow.

81. Evolutionary theory leads people away from God.

82. Which is why people attack those who promote evolution.

83. We say that men and women "came from nothing."

84. We say that people are not answerable for their actions.

85. verlch's marriage problems stemmed from his evolutionist, feminazi wives.

86. Sexual equality doesn't equal a "happy life."

87. A high divorce rate is due to sexual equality.

88. The words "woman" and "female" derive from womens' innate subservience to men.

89. The Bible hasn't changed in 2,000 years.

90. The way Christians numbered the years might prove that God exists.

91. There's an ancient secret in an ancient library.

92. Phallic symbols prove that "Babylon still lives" (I have no idea what that means).

93. There is no evidence which would show if the chicken or the egg came first.

verlch, I think you should pick one of the above, and stick with it until one of three things happens:
  • You admit your assertion is incorrect,
  • you demonstrate your assertion to be true, or
  • we all agree that the discussion is going nowhere.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2004 :  21:21:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
http://members.aol.com/Sokamoto31/obelisk.htm

proof enough Babylon still lives...the erect male penis, the oblelisk is a form of sun worship from ancient Babylon. It is interesting that the United States occupies the land Babylon the city sits on!!!!

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ChickenAndEggProblem The Chicken and the egg problem.

http://www.ridgenet.net/~do_while/sage/ Science against Evolution...

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Edited by - verlch on 05/19/2004 21:37:34
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  03:16:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Babylon is situated on The Mall in Washington, DC, then?

And I'm not too smart, so would someone please decipher this for me? It's so circular, it's made me dizzy.

quote:
Conversely, as regards chickens and eggs, this has always struck me as a question of semantics. We know we have chickens and eggs, so there is no resonance in this image with possible futility. We just speculate futilely on the defining characteristics of chickens and their eggs. If we believe that chickens evolved, we wonder whether an almost-but-not-quite-chicken could lay a genuine chicken egg, or must the first genuine chicken have hatched from an almost-but-not-quite-chicken-egg. Since the First Genuine Chicken would probably (I guess we'll never know for certain) have interbred with almost-but-not-quite-cockerels, she might very well have had hatch from her first egg (by some reasoning, the First Genuine Chicken Egg) something which was not a genuine chicken. This is neither straightforward nor useful. Accordingly, I prefer to adopt the alternative reasoning and maintain that, by my convention and inherent in my definition, an egg from which hatches a genuine chicken is a genuine chicken egg and therefore the First Genuine Chicken hatched from the First Genuine Chicken Egg, so the egg came first.

On the other hand, if you believe that chickens were created, the Creator could have created the first chicken(s) live or as eggs. Had I been the architect, I would have reasoned that creating them live would be consistent with the more straightforward approach to be adopted for viviparous animals, so the chicken would have come first.--AlanAshtonJeanes

And in the third link, the ignoramus immediately goes into abiogenesis, which has nothing to do with the Theory of Evolution. Further, he seems to think that individuals evolve, which is not at all the case. Only populations evolve.

quote:
According to the theory of evolution, at some time in the distant past there was no life in the universe -- just elements and chemical compounds. Somehow, these chemicals had to combine to form Frankencell, which "topics.htm" \l "life" somehow. (Presumably, a lightning bolt and a deformed assistant were involved.)

The February 1988 issue of EARTH magazine is a special issue on Origins. The cover promises an article that will tell us "How Life Really Began". The article itself, however, says that scientists just don't know. Even Stanley Miller, whose experiments are cited in most biology text books, states in that article that the origin of life is still unknown.

The second paragraph is true, although there has been a lot of research done since 1988. The first is codswallop.

quote:
The old ages for the Earth come primarily from the ages of rocks, which are dated by the presumed ages of the fossils in them. Radioactive measurements of rocks are based on assumptions that were chosen to make the radioactive measurements agree with the presumed ages of the fossils.

Open the link I posted earlier on radiometric dating.

It is true however, that some strata are dated by the fossils in them. If fossils of known species commonly found in strata of a known age turn up in strata of an unknown age, it is reasonable to use them to date those strata. But when this is done, the results are rigorously examined, not taken for granted. Unlike Creationism, nothing in science is taken for gra

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  07:07:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
verlch wrote:
quote:
proof enough Babylon still lives...the erect male penis, the oblelisk is a form of sun worship from ancient Babylon. It is interesting that the United States occupies the land Babylon the city sits on!!!!
It's also interesting to note that many sources on the Web claim that obelisks originated in Egypt, not Babylon.

And if the form of an erect male penis is this much of a problem for you, I suggest you avoid toilet plungers, flagpoles and crayons. Note also how much your computer's mouse might look like a sperm. Surely computers are tools of Satan. Why do you even get near one?

The "chicken and egg problem" isn't a problem at all in any evolutionary sense. The answer is "the egg" for all existing species which lay eggs, including chickens, turtles and echidnas.

And as filthy already noted, the third link is just wrong. The theory of evolution posits nothing about the origins of life. Just because the group uses the word 'science' in their name, doesn't mean that they're actually doing science, or even know anything about it.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  10:15:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
Verlich seems preoccupied with petrified trees standing upright, Obelisks, and erections. He also has said that women are inferior and the only hint of humor from him is a slam against women.

Is he trying to tell us something..... not that there is anything wrong with that!

I finally figured out (i think) that he is implying that there are no petrified trees older than 2,000 years because:
1. They were petrified in the "Flood".
2. The earth was less than 2000 years old at the time of the "Flood"
The whole logic (I use the term loosely) is so flawed it didn't even occur to me what he was trying to say.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  11:26:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
furshur wrote:
quote:
I finally figured out (i think) that he is implying that there are no petrified trees older than 2,000 years because:
1. They were petrified in the "Flood".
2. The earth was less than 2000 years old at the time of the "Flood"
The whole logic (I use the term loosely) is so flawed it didn't even occur to me what he was trying to say.
That's the way I had it figured back on page one. It follows from the sources he's provided, in that places like Answers in Genesis assert that all the fossilized trees at Yellowstone (for example) could have all been buried in global flood sediments, all within a single year. verlch is claiming that millions of fossilized trees have had their rings counted, and they were all about 2,000 years old when they died. Thus, he seems to be saying, the Noachian Flood has been proven, and it happened when the trees looked as if they were 2,000 years old (God must have created them, during Genesis 1, to look as if they were already about 350 years old - tricky, huh?).

Unfortunately, verlch cannot support his assertions that millions of fossilized trees have been found (much less had their rings counted), or that they were all around 2,000 years old (in fact, the support he's offered says that the oldest in Yellowstone was less than 1,000 years old). So, his argument crumbles upon its foundations, without any need to examine the "logic."

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  12:08:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
It's also interesting to note that many sources on the Web claim that obelisks originated in Egypt, not Babylon.

Sun worship originated in Babylon. The eight paths chariot wheel, that carried humans to where the Sun god Saturn was.

http://www.romeartlover.it/Obelisks.html

Go to many graves in your city and you are bound to find many more obelisks in it. The one in the papal rome has a wheel around it even. It basically amounts to Baal worship out of Babylon.

http://www.remnantofgod.org/steeple.htm

verlch is claiming that millions of fossilized trees have had their rings counted, and they were all about 2,000 years old when they died.

I'm claiming that there should be a few fossilized trees that age way above all the 2000 year old trees that look like the younger trees fossilized in the flood. You should be able to find a forest of trees buried in the earth who's age was about 3500 years, with 400 million years of time. None of which I have read have even come close!

http://www.bibleufo.com/embed.htm
http://www.bibleufo.com/embed2.htm
http://www.bibleufo.com/embed3.htm

The last website is the type of stuff you guys refuse to examine. It doesn't fit with the fairy-tale theory and therefore thrown in the trash, and branded as hog-wash and lies....Masons and Catholics are also very good at doing that....This website is different in my believe system, but I am pointing out that stuff is found in the rocks that cannot be explained!!!!!

Edited by - verlch on 05/20/2004 12:18:04
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  13:17:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
verlch wrote:
quote:
Sun worship originated in Babylon. The eight paths chariot wheel, that carried humans to where the Sun god Saturn was.
The Babylonians believed in a Roman God? Interesting.
quote:
http://www.romeartlover.it/Obelisks.html

Go to many graves in your city and you are bound to find many more obelisks in it.
And? So what?
quote:
The one in the papal rome has a wheel around it even. It basically amounts to Baal worship out of Babylon.

http://www.remnantofgod.org/steeple.htm
From that web site:
Please understand, that the steeple upon the roof of your church is an open declaration that the ROMAN BEAST has infiltrated your church, and your church leaders proclaim their acceptance of this filtration by placing the vulgar phallic symbol upon YOUR church roof! The steeple/obelisk is ONLY a symbol of Baal worship! And to allow this symbol to stand erected upon your church roof shouts loudly to all those listening that you are tolerating a Satanic symbol of the sex act to be glorified by your church family. Fact is, Satanists, Roman Catholicism, and Invisible Masons openly depict the obelisk as the erect male organ.
Good grief, these people are obsessed with penises and in need of professional help. Do you truly not understand, verlch, that most people don't even think about such things, but just see an obelisk as a nifty object?
quote:
I'm claiming that there should be a few fossilized trees that age way above all the 2000 year old trees that look like the younger trees fossilized in the flood. You should be able to find a forest of trees buried in the earth who's age was about 3500 years, with 400 million years of time. None of which I have read have even come close!
Right. You keep on saying "should" without telling us the logic and premises you used to get to that conclusion. Until you do, we cannot tell you where you've gone wrong.
quote:
http://www.bibleufo.com/embed.htm
http://www.bibleufo.com/embed2.htm
http://www.bibleufo.com/embed3.htm

The last website is the type of stuff you guys refuse to examine. It doesn't fit with the fairy-tale theory and therefore thrown in the trash, and branded as hog-wash and lies....
Some of them are lies, and most - if not all - are lacking in evidence. Most creationist organizations recognize that the Paluxy River "mantracks" are not of human origin, and only those who are completely blind to the analysis done by a creationist continue to claim that they "prove" that dinosaurs walked with men.

Because bibleufo.com cites those tracks as being "real," I would feel justified to ignore everything else they say as a waste of my time. They demonstrate themselves to be an unreliable source of information.

However, I will go on to say that after examining the claims, that's all I see. The author(s) rarely offer citations to supporting evidence, and anybody can type up such stuff. But let's go through a few more to see how ridiculous they are:
1572 From the Archives of Madrid a letter dated 1572, comes the account of the Spanish Viceroy in Peru and a strange artifact, which came into his possession. A perfect six-inch nail was later presented to the Viceroy as a souvenir, who had it thoroughly examined, and verified it was found in rock dated to 75,000 to 100,000 years in age.
How did anyone, in 1572, verify rock to be over 75,000 years old? They didn't understand the age of the Earth, nor did they have dating techniques available to them.

Here's an interesting pair:
1844 On June 22, 1844, this curious report appeared in the London Times: "A few days ago, as some workmen were employed in quarrying a rock close to the Tweed about a quarter of a mile below Rutherford-mill, a gold thread was discovered embedded in the stone at a depth of eight feet."...
And:
1884 The London Times, June 22, 1884: Workmen quarrying rock, close to Tweed, about a quarter of a mile below Rutherford Mills, discovered a gold thread embedded in the stone as a depth of 8 feet.
Either someone's trying to pull a fast one, or the same rock at the same depth is being quarried twice, 40 years apart in time.

It's things like that which make these reports ridiculous, verlch. Here's another:
...As a whole, the "Coso artifact" is now believed to be something more than a piece of machinery. The carefully shaped ceramic, metallic shaft and copper components hint at some form of electrical instrument. The closest modern apparatus that researchers have been able to equate it with is a spark plug...
No, the "Coso Artifact" is precisely a spark plug, according to what we know:
The Coso Artifact was indeed a remarkable device. It was a 1920s-era Champion spark plug that likely powered a Ford Model T or Model A engine, modified to possibly serve mining operations in the Coso mountain range of California.
You finished with:
quote:
Masons and Catholics are also very good at doing that....This website is different in my believe system, but I am pointing out that stuff is found in the rocks that cannot be explained!!!!!
Much of it doesn't require explanation, it requires evidence. Can you find even a single one of these artifacts still within the original coal/rocks/whatever? Without evidence that these stories are factual, there's no need to explain them. Just like there's no need to provide explanations for the Tooth Fairy or Santa Claus.

Besides which, if those web pages are correct, then the Earth is very old, indeed, and the Bible is wrong.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.88 seconds.