Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  10:29:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer
As you are the resident Hebriac scholar, have you noted any contextual abberations in the text which may give further idea of scope or meaning?

Yeah, Valiant Dancer, I'll have a close look at it soon. However, skimming through it makes me think that the original interpretation-- that is, that gay sex is bad-- is right.

In fact, you see the same sort of prohibitions in other Near Eastern laws (now translated into English in Martha Roth's fine (and inexpensive) Law Collections from Mesopotamia and Asia Minor), we find similar prohibitions in, for example, the so-called Middle Assyrian Laws. So it doesn't seem far-fetched for the Biblical writers/law-makers to have similar sentiments.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  10:34:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch
Well freemason's representing the false religion of Babylon and Christianity represents the bible and a believe in Jesus Christ and not a belief in John the Baptist. Sure John the Baptist was a good man, he wasn't Jesus Christ Son of God sent to die for the sins of all mankind! I believe freemasonry is all about itself, there is no good in it and all knowledge in the craft.
None of that made much sense, verlch, so perhaps you could get back on the meds for a few hours so a cogent thought might make it into your post. Nevertheless, your continued assertion that Masons somehow practice a "false religion of Babylon" despite the fact that there is no evidence is just plain stupid. Indeed, it's been demonstrated time and again that none of the arguments make, nor the tired links that you post, prove anything beyond the fact that a wild imagination coupled with a persecution complex, paranoid delusions, and perhaps some chemicals, allows one to say some pretty crazy things.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  10:43:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

I think he was attempting to say "Dubya" as a play on words equating your handle with the current Commander in Chief. I think it was an attempt at flippant humor which got verlched up.
Yeah, if that was humor, it's lousy.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  12:07:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

quote:
Well freemason's representing the false religion of Babylon and Christianity represents the bible and a believe in Jesus Christ and not a belief in John the Baptist. Sure John the Baptist was a good man, he wasn't Jesus Christ Son of God sent to die for the sins of all mankind! I believe freemasonry is all about itself, there is no good in it and all knowledge in the craft.
None of that made much sense, verlch, so perhaps you could get back on the meds for a few hours so a cogent thought might make it into your post. Nevertheless, your continued assertion that Masons somehow practice a "false religion of Babylon" despite the fact that there is no evidence is just plain stupid. Indeed, it's been demonstrated time and again that none of the arguments make, nor the tired links that you post, prove anything beyond the fact that a wild imagination coupled with a persecution complex, paranoid delusions, and perhaps some chemicals, allows one to say some pretty crazy things.

Alright Mr. Smarty pants, try going to a Masonic Lodge and listen to the words of The Most Worshipful Master of the lodge! If he will even talk to you. Ask him what Masons think of Jesus Christ, they will call him a good man and elevate John the Baptist. Remember Herod's wife? Herod was a leader of a city in Roman occupied Israel. He asked his contentious what would make her happy. She said the head of John the Baptist.
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/1190/stjohnb.html

There is even a symbol of the headless John the Baptist in Mason drawings. John the Baptist was Jesus Christs cousin. They have found his tomb in Israel and in it a skeleton with his head missing and markings on the bone of a knife. I can't find any information on it!

http://www.ifapray.org/ScienceArtCulture/Tomb%20References%20John%20the%20Baptist's%20Father.html

http://www.jewwatch.com/jew-christianmurders-baptist.html

http://www.allaboutturkey.com/john.htm

"17: For Herod himself had sent forth and laid hold upon John, and bound him in prison for Herodias' sake, his brother Philip's wife: for he had married her. 18: For John had said unto Herod, It is not lawful for thee to have thy brother's wife. 19: Therefore Herodias had a quarrel against him, and would have killed him; but she could not: 20: For Herod feared John, knowing that he was a just man and an holy, and observed him; and when he heard him, he did many things, and heard him gladly. 21: And when a convenient day was come, that Herod on his birthday made a supper to his lords, high captains, and chief estates of Galilee; 22: And when the daughter of the said Herodias came in, and danced, and pleased Herod and them that sat with him, the king said unto the damsel, Ask of me whatsoever thou wilt, and I will give it thee. 23: And he sware unto her, Whatsoever thou shalt ask of me, I will give it thee, unto the half of my kingdom. 24: And she went forth, and said unto her mother, What shall I ask? And she said, The head of John the Baptist. 25: And she came in straightway with haste unto the king, and asked, saying, I will that thou give me by and by in a charger the head of John the Baptist. 26: And the king was exceeding sorry; yet for his oath's sake, and for their sakes which sat with him, he would not reject her. 27: And immediately the king sent an executioner, and commanded his head to be brought: and he went and beheaded him in the prison, 28: And brought his head in a charger, and gave it to the damsel: and the damsel gave it to her mother. 29: And when his disciples heard of it, they came and took up his corpse, and laid it in a tomb."

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  12:43:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
quote:
Verlich said:
John the Baptist was Jesus Christs cousin. They have found his tomb in Israel and in it a skeleton with his head missing and markings on the bone of a knife. I can't find any information on it!

You can't find any information on it because it is Bull Verlich!

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  13:31:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Howl nowl foul owl, hast thee moved thy bowel?

'Ethinks thou hast!

Verlch, nobody is going to get into a Mason's meeting without being a member in good standing. No member in good standing is going to run his mouth about that meeting to anyone but another Mason, and that Mason might not hear about it unless he's a member in good standing of that paticular Lodge.

Hey, it's no big deal. My M/C is the same way, as are all fraternal organiztions. Just ask me about a meeting and see how fast I tell you to fuck off!

As for the cave of John the Baptist, there has indeed been a cave discovered that shows signs of occupancy at around the time of Jesus, but the claim, which has been made by other than you, that it was used by the late John is no more than a speculation.

Without documentation, a headless skeleton is no more than that of some unfortunate who got topped off. Who says it's Johnny's? If it exists at all.

Yeesh!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  13:37:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Alright Mr. Smarty pants, try going to a Masonic Lodge and listen to the words of The Most Worshipful Master of the lodge! If he will even talk to you. Ask him what Masons think of Jesus Christ, they will call him a good man and elevate John the Baptist. Remember Herod's wife? Herod was a leader of a city in Roman occupied Israel. He asked his contentious what would make her happy. She said the head of John the Baptist.

There is even a symbol of the headless John the Baptist in Mason drawings. John the Baptist was Jesus Christs cousin. They have found his tomb in Israel and in it a skeleton with his head missing and markings on the bone of a knife. I can't find any information on it!
[remaining stuff snipped]

See what I mean?!? I ask about Babylonian religion-- you know, owls or Ba'al or even pyramids-- and I get John the Baptist! It's sooo frustrating.

And now, since I wrote this, he'll just link the same stupid crap again. But since none of it includes any real proof that Molech had anything to do with an owl, we'll be back to square one.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  14:21:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

quote:

http://www.ifapray.org/ScienceArtCulture/Tomb%20References%20John%20the%20Baptist's%20Father.html

http://www.jewwatch.com/jew-christianmurders-baptist.html

http://www.allaboutturkey.com/john.htm

"17: For Herod himself had sent forth and laid hold upon John, and bound him in prison for Herodias' sake, his brother Philip's wife: for he had married her. 18: For John had said unto Herod, It is not lawful for thee to have thy brother's wife. 19: Therefore Herodias had a quarrel against him, and would have killed him; but she could not: 20: For Herod feared John, knowing that he was a just man and an holy, and observed him; and when he heard him, he did many things, and heard him gladly. 21: And when a convenient day was come, that Herod on his birthday made a supper to his lords, high captains, and chief estates of Galilee; 22: And when the daughter of the said Herodias came in, and danced, and pleased Herod and them that sat with him, the king said unto the damsel, Ask of me whatsoever thou wilt, and I will give it thee. 23: And he sware unto her, Whatsoever thou shalt ask of me, I will give it thee, unto the half of my kingdom. 24: And she went forth, and said unto her mother, What shall I ask? And she said, The head of John the Baptist. 25: And she came in straightway with haste unto the king, and asked, saying, I will that thou give me by and by in a charger the head of John the Baptist. 26: And the king was exceeding sorry; yet for his oath's sake, and for their sakes which sat with him, he would not reject her. 27: And immediately the king sent an executioner, and commanded his head to be brought: and he went and beheaded him in the prison, 28: And brought his head in a charger, and gave it to the damsel: and the damsel gave it to her mother. 29: And when his disciples heard of it, they came and took up his corpse, and laid it in a tomb."

Your own quotation of the Bible is crap. Salome, not Herod's wife asked for the head of John the Baptist even according to the passage you quoted.

Now, what this has to do with Molech=owl is beyond rational thought, but I'm sure it makes sense to you. Way to dodge the question, verlch.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  16:05:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
jewwatch.com?

Come on verlch, how low can you sink?

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  17:08:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by furshur

quote:
Verlich said:
John the Baptist was Jesus Christs cousin. They have found his tomb in Israel and in it a skeleton with his head missing and markings on the bone of a knife. I can't find any information on it!

Here is a story about the guy claiming to have found John the Baptist's cave.

Still not sure what this has to do with the topic, though.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  17:59:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by H. Humbert

quote:
Originally posted by furshur

quote:
Verlich said:

Here is a story about the guy claiming to have found John the Baptist's cave.

Still not sure what this has to do with the topic, though.

That's not the same article I read, but pretty much the same thing.

Hey Double H, this is a verlch thread. The topic means nothing.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  19:28:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by R.Wreck

jewwatch.com?

I'm a Jew dude, well my son is for sure. I'm not sure how much Jewish blood runs through me, but I'm sure its atleast half!

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  21:15:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message
Now this is some pretty tripped out shit you guys are talking about.
I have heard of a mason conspiracy a long time ago from my mother. I was under the impression that the masons came from the line of the knights templer who came from a line of someone else who protected jesus's children hwho came about after having Sex with Mary Magedelane? Is this true Verlach?
What next will Storm pull out of her bag o tricks
A verlachian debate....
Bring it on...
Now I know it is late ....

Storm
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  23:30:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by R.Wreck

jewwatch.com?

I'm a Jew dude, well my son is for sure. I'm not sure how much Jewish blood runs through me, but I'm sure its atleast half!

Waitasecond. You're not sure if you're Jewish, velrch, but you're sure your son is? Do you know where babies come from, verlch?

Also-- still waiting for some link between Molech and the owl!
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  06:23:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
First of all I want everyone to brace themselves before reading this....

Take a deep breath....

OK. Verlich is actually making some sort of sense when he says:
quote:

The child of a gentile father and a Jewish mother is Jewish. So if Verlich's son is from a Jewish mother then his son is Jewish.

http://ohr.edu/ask_db/ask_main.php/226/Q1/

Edited - to read a little easier.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Edited by - furshur on 12/08/2004 06:25:22
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.95 seconds.