Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  14:25:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
quote:
I will prove it one day

Unless you learn to use the tools (critical thinking, logic, scientific method) you'll never even do so much as gather credible evidence.

Seriously.

Without being sarcastic: There is a Nobel Prize in it for the person who can provide credible, verifiable, repeatable evidence for the continuation of consciousness after death. (for that is what a ghost is, isn't it? They apparently do things with deliberation, like move your stuff, which implies conscious action)

If you want to be taken seriously, then you need to take advantage of those FREE tools I keep telling you about.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  15:55:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message
I have awnsered numerous questions. What is a ghost? Maybe you all should think about it. Other than the dogma of science that guides you almost hindering your advancement think about what I have said Think about what I proposed about energy. In fact it is not hard to comprehend
I do not profess that hauntings high gauss meters Valiant I have said that before. But I have no evidence they do not. Well maybe I should refrain from that look at my event with the gauss meter at the house in Tampa.
While today might not ne today At least I have that day to look forward to.
Let me ask you all What is a ghost to you? How would you conduct an investigation if you were asked?
I HAVE Awnsered numerous questions as well as try to shed some light onto the concept of energy and how I feel it plays a role in ghostly phenomenon
Since you all have asked me now it is my turn to ask you What is a Ghost? Remember critical thinking, open mind, contemplate. Those who immediately respond back are not serious but biased, judgemental, predisposed to ideas and ideology and dogma
If you don't know the basics of ghost hunting I suggest you look it up. Just as I researched energy
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  16:13:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
quote:
. Other than the dogma of science that guides you almost hindering your advancement think about what I have said Think about what I proposed about energy. In fact it is not hard to comprehend

If you reject the concepts of scientific method and critical thinking, then what do you ise to evaluate evidence?

For cryinoutloud Storm.

And what you have proposed about "energy"? Same thing applies! If you can PROVE your claims in a verifiable, repeatable way... you win the Nobel Prize! I make that statement without sarcasm. I'm very serious when I say it.

As it stands now, your assertions about "energy" are nothing more than unsupported nonsense, that directly contradict other very well supported assertions.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  16:23:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
A ghost's what haunts my old computer. That thing MUST be haunted!
Ok, random madness off, for me a ghost's as much as the figures of brazillian folklore: tales to scare lil kiddies into submission.

Fine. I'll go research it.

Let's see if I can find a honest, straightforward site where I don't need to read between the lines 'cause the author's utterly uncapable of writing things in an objective way.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Edited by - Siberia on 12/30/2004 16:25:16
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  16:24:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Storm

I have awnsered numerous questions. What is a ghost? Maybe you all should think about it. Other than the dogma of science that guides you almost hindering your advancement think about what I have said Think about what I proposed about energy. In fact it is not hard to comprehend.
Yes, often things take quite a bit more understanding to see why they are wrong than it does to see how they might be right.

Storm, you continue to urge us to think critically about the matter when you obviously haven't done so yourself. Numerous people, including myself, have attempted to engage you in serious dialogue and have only been met with complete and total indifference. You are still spewing the same untruths now that you came here with weeks ago.

For the last time, we HAVE looked at all the available evidence, evaluated all the claims, peered into all the first person accounts, and come to an informed decision. We have explained to you ad nasuem why your energy theory lacks even a basic foundation upon which to explain anything. You have demonstrated nothing save a profound ignorance of science, hyper-active inattention, an intractable bias against reason and logic, and a frenetic writing style with such poor attention to grammar and spelling that the reader finds it all but impossible to discover a salient point or lucid thought.

The questions asked of you were meant to provoke thought and reflection on your part. Instead you continue to belch out random, nonsensical anecdotes and half-baked definitions. You will NEVER discover the reasons behind any ghostly phenomenon, let alone all ghostly phenomena, because you have no idea what you are even looking for. You are utterly clueless. A hopeless case. And I only say hopeless because you have demonstrated time and again an unwillingless to properly inform yourself, and unfortunately no one can do that for you.

So go ahead. Continue to read up on how the sun's energy is like love. Continue to think that some earth-shaking revelation about the paranormal is just around the bend. Continue to think that dead people leave behind energy that records their emotional state, and that this energy can manifest itself at opportune times. Continue to think you have the necessary intellect to unravel how it all works. Continue to live in your fantasy world, your bubble of ignorance. It is too thick for me to penetrate. I give up.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 12/30/2004 16:28:40
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  17:02:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Siberia

[bangs head against desk]
'nuff said.

You mean like this?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  17:07:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message
One must never give up H.
I would not say that I was indifferent...
Like I have not had thought and reflection
This is my favorite quote of H.
"Continue to think that dead people leave behind energy that records their emotional state, and that this energy can manifest itself at opportune times. Continue to think you have the necessary intellect to unravel how it all works."
Yes H. thank you I will continue thinking this
Clueless H.. No just blonde...
Though my grammar has sucked you still continued to reply to my threads
although I fear I have lost you now to strict dogma...
At first I was very skeptic of skeptics and somewhat sarcastic but you have all helped me grow...
Even through your sarcasm of me
I am very serious in my thoughts and theories...
I am no amateur to my field....
You have helped me grow toward what I had known already ...
The phenomenon labeled Ghosts Exists....
Energy is involved...
Continue to think that dead people leave behind energy that records their emotional state, and that this energy can manifest itself at opportune times. Continue to think you have the necessary intellect to prove this ....
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  17:08:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:

EMF Dectors measure the electro magnetic fields in the atmosphere.
Ok, so we're talking about photons then...
quote:

Appliances give off high readings.
Such as radio-waves.
So basically you're saying the EMF-detector is just a radio-reciever?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  17:39:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia

[bangs head against desk]
'nuff said.

You mean like this?

Yep! Precisely like that.

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  17:50:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message
Maybe you all should stop banging your heads and open up your minds
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  18:02:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
I'm trying to crack it up. It's not working. That nagging little thing called Physics and energy keeps... haunting me.

-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  20:06:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
quote:
although I fear I have lost you now to strict dogma...

If you equate a respect for evidence as strict dogma, then yes. You will have lost any shred of respect you may have had from some of us here.

You, Storm, continue to ignore all evidence that is contradictory to your preformed notion.

You, Storm, fail to provide any evidence to support your claims.

You, Storm, refuse to even offer explanations and definition of terms when we ask you for them!

It is YOU, Storm, who are lost to dogma. Not us.

quote:
dogma

n 1: a religious doctrine that is proclaimed as true without proof

You claim that you know the answers to certain questions, yet you have no proof. Dogma IN ACTION!

There is no such thing as dogma in proper science. That you fail to comprehend this is a communications gap we will probably never overcome.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  23:22:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

I am no amateur to my field....
You have helped me grow toward what I had known already ...
The phenomenon labeled Ghosts Exists....
Energy is involved...
If you're no amateur, then you ought to be able to precisely define "the phenomenon labeled ghosts," and precisely define the "energy" which is involved. You refuse to do the latter, and for the former have only suggested that ghosts are ghost-like.

After all, if you're not an amateur, then you must either be a professional (a ghost-hunter for money), or an expert (someone who has added to the knowledge in the field). If the second is true, give us the titles of the papers you have written for publication. If the first is true, then everything you say is suspect as being required to continue your income.

No matter what, you're just going around in circles here, which is why people are getting frustrated. These last posts of yours aren't qualitatively different from your first posts, yet you've written 260 of them. You don't appear to have "grown" at all in the meantime.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2005 :  14:54:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
quote:
[bar]Maybe you all should stop banging your heads and open up your minds

There is a piece if the scientific process that isn't often brought up but is particularly relevant to the typical ghost hunters' 'evidence'. When one designs a study, you have to show that your measuring instrument actually measures what you claim it measures.

If you examine the measuring instruments of 'ghost hunters' you cannot find any evidence that what they are measuring has any relationship to ghosts. For example, a person feels a cold spot in a house. In order to use temperature as evidence of something supernatural, you have to study cold spots. If you do, you will see that they occur in any large building, that they are associated with air flow patterns, that they are no more likely to be found where visual evidence of ghosts have occurred than in buildings where no ghosts have been visualized.

Electromagnetic fields have the same distributions, not anymore likely to be in areas where other ghost evidence has occurred, not related to cold spots, and clearly related to various physical objects that explain the fields' existences.

Unless you do the background research to show your measurements are actually meaningful, then all the ghost hunting is really just nonsense. Unfortunately, there are lots of people who don't know to question the meaning of the measurements these guys are traipsing around making.

Tests that would provide substantial proof of the hereafter are things like hidden messages above head level in ERs and ICUs that if a person truly had an out of body experience they could see.
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2005 :  15:52:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message
but then you limit your knowledge and the evidence of ghosts to the consciouss living being that once was. Maybe ghosts are just decaying energy, transformed energy from a once living creature. Having our dna... Not the full conscious like you and I speak now...
Although I must say in time I hope we become more conscious of certain things like ghostly phenomenon...
Like I said not the full consciousness of ourselves that once were... but pieces of it that get returned into the environment upon our death or even during our life time...
So if you think there is no evidence of ghosts under the assumption that the phenomenon must be the conscious energy of what once was. then I must agree
but if you look at in the context of residual energy then you have a beginning and it might be through the use of these instruments that the evidence can brought forth
nothing paranormal, supernatural...
but normal dispersed energy of what was once us...
our existence..
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds.