Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  18:46:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HYBRID

I find your want to be ridicule funny, and not very effective.
Ha! I was right. Neener-neener-neener!

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  18:49:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:

Ha! I was right. Neener-neener-neener!

This is sad because you guys mind is so bent on thinking one way, that you will block anything that goes against this. Real sad! And another thing, my brother's name is Dave W!
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  18:50:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message
quote:
The Capitol was built in 1793 (with the House of Reps finsihed in 1811)...must have been built by Nazi prophets.

Very good. The nazis "borrowed" quite a few symbols. Even the swastika was hijacked. In order to prove that Sweden isn't a fascist state, it should start by obliterating all of Swedens king Karl (Charles) XII's statues (swedes will know what I mean).

quote:
I don't think you can come back from this one guys. HYBRID shoots, he scores, and the crowd is silent in their home building. I am sorry, there ain't enought excuses in the world for all of this. Have a nice life!

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  18:52:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Hawks

quote:
The Capitol was built in 1793 (with the House of Reps finsihed in 1811)...must have been built by Nazi prophets.

Very good. The nazis "borrowed" quite a few symbols. Even the swastika was hijacked. In order to prove that Sweden isn't a fascist state, it should start by obliterating all of Swedens king Karl (Charles) XII's statues (swedes will know what I mean).

quote:
I don't think you can come back from this one guys. HYBRID shoots, he scores, and the crowd is silent in their home building. I am sorry, there ain't enought excuses in the world for all of this. Have a nice life!

YOu are missing the point. If this symbol means this, before Hitler, why even use anything remotely close to it?
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  18:52:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ktesibios

Hmm...

The image of the fasces on the reverse side of a dime is from the "Mercury" dime. This coin design was introduced in 1916 and replaced by the Roosevelt dime, which has a torch on the reverse, in 1946.

Funding for the construction of the Lincoln Memorial was authorized in 1911, construction began in 1915 and the Memorial was dedicated in 1922.

The present House chamber was completed in 1857; the mace which your conspira-loon site makes so much of dates to 1841; the use of a ceremonial mace goes back farther than that, to the beginning of the 19th century.

At the time they were adopted, these were symbols of republican government.

Although the term fascio was used in Italian politics earlier, Benito Mussolini didn't found the Fascist political party until 1919, after the designs of all these items were settled.

Can you say anachronism? How about non causa?

Can you say, BULLSHIT!

Uh, no. Not nearly good enough. Address his points or admit that you are the one being "sad, evasive, and down right ignorant."

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  18:54:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

YOu are missing the point. If this symbol means this, before Hitler, why even use anything remotely close to it? I know what a swastika is and where it comes from, don't insult me. What the fuck was your point? You were acting like you were poking your chest out all proud like you did something or said something. <what the fuck was about?You have not said much. I posted a TON of info and this is all you guys have to say?

Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  18:55:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

YOu are missing the point. If this symbol means this, before Hitler, why even use anything remotely close to it? I know what a swastika is and where it comes from, don't insult me. What the fuck was your point? You were acting like you were poking your chest out all proud like you did something or said something. <what the fuck was about?You have not said much. I posted a TON of info and this is all you guys have to say?
Go to Top of Page

Dry_vby
Skeptic Friend

Australia
249 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  18:59:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dry_vby a Private Message
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmmm... this sounds familiar.

Your brother hasen't got a big brain, by any chance?

"I'll go along with the charade
Until I can think my way out.
I know it was all a big joke
Whatever it was about."

Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  19:06:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dry_vby

[/quote]

Hmmm... this sounds familiar.

Your brother hasen't got a big brain, by any chance?
[/quote]

My brother's brain size is irrelevant right now. Stick with the details of the info I posted. But you know what, its not about black or white with me, its about info, and where it leads me. I SERIOUSLY do not want to name call, insult, or any of that shit anymore. I just want the truth, can we stick to that. What the fuck is fighting going to get us or accomplish?I am just tired of this shit. I just want peace, and meaningful convo. I promise not offend anymore people, I just want meaningful convo, and some input. Is that okay?

Yeah at first I did it to insult, I cannot lie, but it is pointless, and just furthers the agenda of those who want to keep us separated.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  19:30:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Ok then, please respond to the post ktesibios put up without responding with "BULLSHIT".

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  19:30:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message
quote:
posted by HYBRID
YOu are missing the point. If this symbol means this, before Hitler, why even use anything remotely close to it?

The point of the article you cited in your first post was:
quote:
From the article:
Serious questions need to be asked about why the very platform of supposed representative government in the United States is adorned with tributes to Nazi symbols of absolute dictatorial power.

quote:
posted by HYBRID
I know what a swastika is and where it comes from, don't insult me.

That was no insult. That was information. This is an insult:
quote:
posted by HYBRID
What the fuck was your point? You were acting like you were poking your chest out all proud like you did something or said something. <what the fuck was about?

quote:
posted by HYBRID
Yeah at first I did it to insult, I cannot lie

3.5 pages of it. Let's see how good you will be from now.

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  19:50:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

I just want peace, and meaningful convo. I promise not offend anymore people, I just want meaningful convo, and some input. Is that okay?
Yes.

In fact, let's start over.

Rather what you've got as an OP for this thread, why don't you start over by stating, in your own words, your concerns and the observations that drive those concerns?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  19:56:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

It's unbelievable that this thread went to a third page in less than an hour.
As soon as I saw the thread I thought "here's an opportunity to set a record of the quickest thread ever". So I started bombing...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dry_vby
Skeptic Friend

Australia
249 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  19:57:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dry_vby a Private Message
[quote
Yeah at first I did it to insult, I cannot lie, but it is pointless, and just furthers the agenda of those who want to keep us separated.
[/quote]

The only person keeping us seperated is you, and your inability to ask or answer direct questions without putting on a " I know something that you don't, so I'm smarter than you" attitude.

The swastika was, among other things, used as a symbol of worship by Hindus:

"The word Swastika comes from the Sanskrit words su, meaning well, and asti, meaning to be.

The swastika is an equilateral cross with its arms bent at right angles either clockwise or anticlockwise. It is traditionally oriented so that a main line is horizontal, though it is occasionally rotated at forty-five degrees, and the Hindu version often has a dot in each quadrant.

The swastika has not always been used as a symbol of Nazism and was in fact borrowed from Eastern cultures. It seems to have first been used by early inhabitants of Eurasia. It is an important symbol in Eastern religions, notably Hinduism and Buddhism, among others, and was also used in Native American faiths before World War II. By the early twentieth century it was regarded worldwide as a symbol of good luck and auspiciousness."

So are you suggesting that somehow Hindus are ultimately responsable for fascism?

"I'll go along with the charade
Until I can think my way out.
I know it was all a big joke
Whatever it was about."

Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  19:57:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Hey HYBRID, our friend Siberia is a babe, not a dude.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds.