Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2005 :  16:14:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by bigbrain

Try to say something intelligent.

Something intelligent. I didn't even have to try very hard.

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2005 :  16:30:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by bigbrain

What is this?

Are they the famous SBP (Saturn Burning Poles) discovered by John Wayne?

Bitbrain, all you needed to do is look at your linked photo's url to decifer what the photo is. I suppose you're just too busy making spitwads out of your science books to think of that.

From the Astronomy Photo of the Day archive....

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap050219.html

The APOD archive...
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

If this were a basketball game, the score would be something like SFN 285, Bitbrain 0.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo

24 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2005 :  03:21:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Jumbo a Private Message
Its worth noting that that saturn picture isnt actual taken in visible light either. Its a UV images thats colorcoded to identify areas of strong emission. If a certain person cant understand normal images then i dont hold out much hope fo rthose taken in other regions of the spectrum.

Im no photographer. By little digital camera is as advanced as ive got. I have however studied enough physics to understand that if you look at something really really bright then it might be hard to see something realy really faint thats next to it. You can see this with the aid of the night sky and a street light. Face away from the streetlight and look up on a clear (fairly un light polluted night) and you may see stars. Now walk so the streetlight is in your field of view and your eye adjusts to the light level (like a photographer does with exposures in a camera) and you have a harder time seeing any stars at all.
Its really simple and id have thought anyone could understand it.

As for the celestial mechanics part of this argument. No nasa havent hoaxed it and the proof their trajectories can work has been in physics and astrodynamics texts for a century or two at least now.

The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be lighted
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2005 :  03:39:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
NASA buffoons did not need a bigger rocket to go to Saturn.

If you run away from the sun directly towards Saturn at 75,000 miles per hour, you don't need bigger fuel than that you need to turn two times round the sun wasting time uselessly.

NASA buffoons want to swindle us YOU, GULLIBLE GUYS with their strange trajectories taken from science fiction.

They want to simulate to make complex calculations of orbital mechanics but they are only swindlers that have not technology to steer a probe to Saturn.

NASA buffoons have never made a real movie of the most exciting moments of their enterprises, only 3D movies made by Softimage, Maya, 3D Studio Max, LightWave 3D, Cinema 4 and so on.

Why haven't they made a real movie when Huygens was landing on Titan?

They have made this:

"This artist's conception shows Titan's surface with Saturn appearing dimly in the background through Titan's thick atmosphere of mostly nitrogen and methane. The Cassini spacecraft flies overhead with its high-gain antenna pointed at the Huygens probe as it nears the surface. The Cassini-Huygens probe is set to arrive at Saturn in July 2004.

Artistic license has been used to exaggerate the size of the orbiter, the sharpness of the icy features, the tilt of Saturn's rings, and the visibility of the planet through Titan's atmosphere. Artwork by Craig Attebery"

Craig Attebery is always very busy at NASA buffoons 3DIMS (3D Images and Movies Studios).

"Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit" (Flattery gets friends, truth hatred)
Publius Terentius Afer, "Terence", Roman dramatist

Go to Top of Page

Bunga
Skeptic Friend

Sweden
74 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2005 :  07:03:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bunga a Private Message
I was about to attempt an explanation of why no "real video" (by whatever criteria b-b-b-b holds "real") of the landing has been made, but realised it would be an exercise in futility.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2005 :  12:37:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
b, you never cease to amaze me. The working paragraphs are here:
quote:
"This artist's conception shows Titan's surface with Saturn appearing dimly in the background through Titan's thick atmosphere of mostly nitrogen and methane. The Cassini spacecraft flies overhead with its high-gain antenna pointed at the Huygens probe as it nears the surface. The Cassini-Huygens probe is set to arrive at Saturn in July 2004.

Artistic license has been used to exaggerate the size of the orbiter, the sharpness of the icy features, the tilt of Saturn's rings, and the visibility of the planet through Titan's atmosphere. Artwork by Craig Attebery"

Even Leonardo, whom you seem to admire, and rightly so, used "artist's conception."

You get dizzier every day, I swear you do. But whaddahell, although you don't celebrate it, I wish you a happy Thanksgiving never the less.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2005 :  13:19:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
Originally posted by Bunga

I was about to attempt an explanation of why no "real video" (by whatever criteria b-b-b-b holds "real") of the landing has been made, but realised it would be an exercise in futility.

About stars you know everything, about the strange trajectory
of Cassini you can't say anything because the truth of my reasonings is very evident

2,200,000,000 miles : 365 days : 24 hours : 6.7 years = 37,483 miles per hour.

The average velocity of Cassini to go to Saturn is 37,483 miles per hour.

If Cassini, starting from the Earth has already velocity of 65,000 miles per hour (Earth's velocity), it has reduced dramatically its speed turning two times round the sun and passing near Venus.

Then NASA buffoons haven't taken into consideration the fact that the Earth runs at 65,000 miles per hour round the sun.

Incredible like not to take at least one picture of stars from the moon raising the camera towards the sky.

"Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit" (Flattery gets friends, truth hatred)
Publius Terentius Afer, "Terence", Roman dramatist

Edited by - bigbrain on 11/24/2005 23:49:16
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2005 :  13:37:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Then BigBrain buffoons haven't taken into consideration the fact that gravity exist.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 11/24/2005 18:45:31
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2005 :  18:15:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
The trajectory clearly shows Cassini slowing down due to the pull of the Sun.

Why would anyone take pictures of the stars from the Moon? We went there to study the Moon.

bigbrain, are there any man-made satellites orbiting the Earth from which we might get good pictures of the stars?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Bunga
Skeptic Friend

Sweden
74 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2005 :  23:35:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bunga a Private Message
Bigbrain, you might want to play some AstroLander and Satellite Wars to get some understanding of how gravity works.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2005 :  02:27:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bunga

Bigbrain, you might want to play some AstroLander and Satellite Wars to get some understanding of how gravity works.

Don't think the lesson'd take, Bunga. b, as we have seen, would require somewhat more strenous instruction than a game, which he would claim was faked by NERD buffoons, before he even realizes that gravity exists.

I suggest that he jump off some high place and monitor his acceleration on the way to the ground, hehehe..... Nothin' like practical application to drive the lesson home.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

dv82matt
SFN Regular

760 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2005 :  03:53:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dv82matt a Private Message
Bigbrain, I'm a bit concerned that you're not striving to be all that you can be in the troll department. Your routine has lost its creative spark. Frankly you've become boring and predictable and it's reflected in your WVA (weighted viewing average).

You need to redouble your efforts if you want to stay in the game. Using sock puppets was truly scurrilous but in todays fast paced world people are always asking, '...but how has he pissed me off lately?' Never forget that you're only as abominable as your last post.

Remember your glory days when denying that gravity applied to spacecraft was still new and fresh, when expounding upon your ignorance of photography would excite replies of disbelief or indignation instead of blase 'heard it before' type comments. It's a been there done that world bigbrain. You need a new shtick to wow your audience, you gotta stay current.

Here's what I suggest. At this point you've established your image as a feebleminded and tedious troll, but it's too one dimensional and not exciting enough. You need to add an element of unpredictability to the mix. For example, you could answer Dave's question. Wait now... hear me out. You can wipe that look of shock off your face. I don't mean really answer the question heh, how would that be trollish, but you could pretend to answer the question. I know it's pushing the envelope and you may not feel like you're ready for such a big step but trust me, it's golden.

Here's a few samples to get you started:
quote:
bigbrain, are there any man-made satellites orbiting the Earth?
1. [Indignant]If you say there are then there must be since you're such a genious. (It's important to emphasize "you" and "you're" maybe even use a larger size and a heavy font, and maybe mess with the colors a bit. Um... but don't overdo it, you have to put him on the defensive.)

2. [Humurous]No, there are no man-made satellites orbiting the earth but most busy intersections have a satellites. (when they fail to acknowledge that you're a comic genious you can accuse them of not having a sense of humor. PS. in case you don't get it 'satellites' sounds a lot like 'set of lights'.)

3. [Stupid]If there are then why can't I see them? (Someone will probably inform you that you can in fact see satellites to which my favorite response is, "Oh yeah, I'm blind. You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to capitalize on my disability." PS. It doesn't matter if you're not really blind.)

I hope you will fully devote yourself to becoming a quality troll. Under my inspired tutelage there are truly no limits to the depths you can achieve.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2005 :  06:53:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
ROFLMAO!

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2005 :  07:05:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message
Good one!
Looks like Matt is bucking for post of the month.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

lord_hevonen

30 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2005 :  09:10:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send lord_hevonen a Private Message
Bigbrain, please also come up with a witty answer to the questions about the people working with these space programs and the data they bring. How widely are they involved in a conspiracy?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds.