Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  04:49:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgo

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">But aren't they the same group of people in cahoots?

The oligarch remark was only semi-serious, but there is a kind of oligarchy in the U.S. and I don't think they'd like a dictatorship very much. This is not a cohesive, easily identifiable group of people, but rather a tendency that the extremely wealthy and large corporations have an undue influence on what happens. Unless someone were to somehow be able to militarily take over the U.S., which is possible with some kind of emergency executive order, they wouldn't have much of a chance going against what this group wanted. Even with the military, they own the media, they own the means of production, etc. Along with that, and at least the framework of democracy that we have here in the U.S., a dictatorship wouldn't happen easily.

Not saying it's impossible, but if it were done, it would probably be done with the consent of a majority of the people.
[/quote]

That is exactly why the Second Amendment should not be as watered down as it is.........

As far as fraud in the election proces, it goes on on all sides. I find it hilareous that the losers say, in essence, "they cheated better then us........"

Peace
Joe

The Circus of Carnage... because you should be able to deal with politicians like you do pissant noobs.
Go to Top of Page

Sago

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  15:27:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Sago a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

I'm sure glad we see none of these signs.

Are you sure you are glad and not sad? Why is this post not in the CT section?

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  21:14:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Sago

quote:

I'm sure glad we see none of these signs.

Are you sure you are glad and not sad? Why is this post not in the CT section?

Sorry, that was my attempt at irony (as was that link). The post could go into either forum, I suppose. I left it out of the Conspiracy Theories forum because available evidence for my admittedly conspiratorial hypothesis does not raise it to what I think of as a "theory."

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2006 :  02:38:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Well, folks, I promised that I would withdraw this hypothesis if there were no major signs of the November elections being rigged. Indeed, I don't see signs of significant rigging, and in fact the NeoCons got their collective ass democratically kicked by the voters. I now, somewhat belatedly, withdraw the hypothesis. So please consider my idea busted upon the rocky shores of reality.

I still think there are a lot of despotic things being done by Bush & Co., but these simply don't add up to a true, full-blown dictatorship, secret or otherwise. What was disturbing is the damned idea did seem consistent with visible events. I'm glad at least that I'd never said I was sure of the idea!

Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2006 :  03:06:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:

Well, folks, I promised that I would withdraw this hypothesis if there were no major signs of the November elections being rigged. Indeed, I don't see signs of significant rigging, and in fact the NeoCons got their collective ass democratically kicked by the voters. I now, somewhat belatedly, withdraw the hypothesis. So please consider my idea busted upon the rocky shores of reality.
[tinfoil hat]
That is what they want you to do!
Don't you see that losing and not cheating in this election is just preparations for stealing the 2008 election.

Stay awake sheeple!
[/tinfoil hat]
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2006 :  04:12:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Starman

quote:

[tinfoil hat]
That is what they want you to do!
Don't you see that losing and not cheating in this election is just preparations for stealing the 2008 election.

Stay awake sheeple!
[/tinfoil hat]

I just wish I could retain that paranoid passion.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.