Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  00:53:56  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
Ph.D. Jonathan Wells has a Exclusive Commentary in WingNutDaily, where he explains to us "Why Darwinism is doomed"

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52166
quote:
So after 150 years, Darwinists are still looking for evidence – any evidence, no matter how skimpy – to justify their speculations. The latest hype over the "brain evolution gene" unwittingly reveals just how underwhelming the evidence for their view really is.

The truth is Darwinism is not a scientific theory, but a materialistic creation myth masquerading as science. It is first and foremost a weapon against religion – especially traditional Christianity. Evidence is brought in afterwards, as window dressing.
Take that you godless pinko scientists!

The fact that your theory is supported by the new evidence, just shows how silly it was from the beginning.

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  01:05:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
I honestly think I hate creationists more than any other group on the planet, including terrorists.

Ok, not quite. But it's damn close.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 09/27/2006 01:19:28
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  01:37:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
Creationists are terrorists.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  03:11:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
What tripe! What utter, mindless drivel! Third paragraph, right out of the Logical Fallicies Cookbook; Appeal to Popularity:
quote:
According to Darwinists, there is such overwhelming evidence for their view that it should be considered a fact. Yet to the Darwinists' dismay, at least three-quarters of the American people – citizens of the most scientifically advanced country in history – reject it.
But then, I don't suppose much more can be expected from a Moonie and a Sarfati wannabe.......

I would like to ask this dolt with a doctorate a single question: "When was the last time you published a paper on your field of research in any recognized journal?"

Wells talks a good fight, yet he has not produced anything that refutes the ToE or supports some other theory hypothesis conjecture. He sneers at tiny pieces of hard-aquired evidence, but all he himself has is windy rhetoric and the empty pockets of a fourflusher.

He finishes up this pathetic, little blither thus:
quote:
If I were a Darwinist, I would be afraid. Very afraid.

I ain't skeered...

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 09/27/2006 03:23:11
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  04:39:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Without looking, betcha his PhD ain't in science and certainly isn't in biology.
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  04:43:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

Without looking, betcha his PhD ain't in science and certainly isn't in biology.
One of them is Biology from Berkeley (bet they are proud), the other theology(Yale).

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  08:37:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message
Define creationist....
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  09:10:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message
It is creepy how they are just taking criticisms of Creationism, switching the terms, and using our own criticism against us. Not very clever, but effective.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  09:46:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
I thought the Panda's Thumb was a pro-creationism site. By their review of Well's book, "incorrect in most other ways as well: scientifically, logically, historically, legally, academically, and morally", are they trying to feign credibility?
Edited by - beskeptigal on 09/27/2006 10:00:36
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  09:59:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Starman

One of [his degrees] is Biology from Berkeley (bet they are proud), the other theology(Yale).

Gag, and he's here or been here at the infamous Discovery Inst.

Looks like another Behe. He got stuck in his own bizarre interpretation of evolution and now is too invested or too brain warped to change.

Looks like his dissertations both included ID themes. Another one of those people who couldn't wait for science to provide the details of natural selection so filled in the gap with God instead. I imagine these guys can't bring themselves to seriously look at genetic science.
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  10:02:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:

I thought the Panda's Thumb was a pro-creationism site.
Far from it.
It is a pro-reality site.

-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  10:48:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:

I thought the Panda's Thumb was a pro-creationism site.
No, no. It's a pro-evolution site and one of the best on the web. They really do a great job of outting creationist/ID nonsense.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 09/27/2006 10:49:28
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  11:27:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
quote:
The truth is Darwinism is not a scientific theory, but a materialistic creation myth masquerading as science. It is first and foremost a weapon against religion – especially traditional Christianity.

Geez, Jonny we're a little paranoid, aren't we?

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  11:56:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Guess I'm out of touch on the Panda thumb thing.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  12:13:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Of course he's paranoid. All of the Discovery's Institute's fellows are paranoid. Not as pranoid as I am where they are concerned, of course, but never the less.....

Wells' education was financed by none other than Sun Mung Moon, whom he refers to as "Father," and the scoundrel, ICR's Phillip Johnson, he of The Wedge stratedgy.
quote:
After graduating from Sun Myung Moon's Unification Theological Seminary in 1978, Wells earned two doctorates - one in theology at Yale University and the other in molecular and cell biology at the University of California at Berkeley. Wells has claimed to have been a developmental biology researcher as a post-doctorate candidate at UC Berkeley. His post-doctorate at Berkeley was an unpaid title arranged by former UC Berkeley law professor and father of the intelligent design movement, Phillip E. Johnson. Shortly after receiving his doctorate Wells joined Johnson at the Discovery Institute.[3]

Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church funded Wells to gain his science PhD at UC-Berkeley to learn how to defeat Darwinian evolution. In an essay posted to the tparents.org website, Wells has written:

And so forth.

O_I, a Creationist is someone who believes that some deity or other created the world and all of it's creatures instently and in their existing forms -- for this purpose, believers of the 6-Day, Christian myth. The Discovery Institute, while they deny preaching Creationism, are all young earth Creationists hiding behind their rhetoric.

I've lost my link, so would someone put up "The Wedge?" It will explain a great deal.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  12:33:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
Jonathan Wells had other reasons, and a sponsor, for gaining his PhD in Biology.
quote:
Father's words, my studies, and my prayers convinced me that I should devote my life to destroying Darwinism, just as many of my fellow Unificationists had already devoted their lives to destroying Marxism. When Father chose me (along with about a dozen other seminary graduates) to enter a Ph.D. program in 1978, I welcomed the opportunity to prepare myself for battle.

Behe, Dembski, and Wells putting God before truth.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.