Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  07:03:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GK Paul
If you agree to apologize if I can show I have responded to a post you've made I'll take the time to look it up.

Oh, FUCK YOU, you little snot-nosed punk. You stick your nose in here, starting with your oh-so-high praise for a piece of shit book by Ann Coulter, continue to lie, misrepresent, avoid answering direct question, and therefore insult everyone here with your little sanctimonious god-boy crap...and now you want US to apologize to YOU?!?!?

Why don't go FUCK yourself, you GUTLESS TURD!

To the moderators and the general audience, I apologize for my rant above. Little, bible-clutching turds like this chap my hide somedays.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  07:15:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Fripp

To the moderators and the general audience, I apologize for my rant above. Little, bible-clutching turds like this chap my hide somedays.

As Dave W. noted, GK Paul is an adolescent so your rant might be a little harsh. Maybe just a tad.

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  07:39:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Turnabout being fair play and all, perhaps the best course of action is simply to ignore GK Paul until he stops being rude and apologizes to all of us.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  10:02:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Fripp

quote:
If you agree to apologize if I can show I have responded to a post you've made I'll take the time to look it up.

Oh, FUCK YOU, you little snot-nosed punk. You stick your nose in here, starting with your oh-so-high praise for a piece of shit book by Ann Coulter, continue to lie, misrepresent, avoid answering direct question, and therefore insult everyone here with your little sanctimonious god-boy crap...and now you want US to apologize to YOU?!?!?

Why don't go FUCK yourself, you GUTLESS TURD!

No need to apologize to me. Nor to GK, I think.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

GK Paul
Skeptic Friend

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  15:10:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GK Paul a Private Message
My personal opinion on this Caesar's Messiah thing is that Atwill, the businessman from California, saw the incredible money Dan Brown made off Jesus and he's trying to get a piece of the action.

Use some Historical names and places, invent some bizarre plot, mix it all together and hope the people buy it. If the dates don't add up, so what, 99% of the people don't know the dates. The spirit of Judas is alive and well. Why do you think there was Rocky 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc.. The millions Dan Brown made mixing fact and fiction is just too tempting to these atheistic businessmen/wannabe novelists.

Since none of you will probably ever get the book - and I don't blame you - here's a link that says Josephus (a respected historian who wrote prolifically on Jewish history) was in on the fictional caper to dupe his own people.

http://www.robertmprice.mindvendor.com/rev_atwill.htm

"Something cannot come from nothing" -- Ken Tanaka - geologist

"The existence of a Being endowed with intelligence and wisdom is a necessary inference from a study of celestial mechanics" --Sir Isaac Newton

GK Paul
Edited by - GK Paul on 12/07/2006 16:24:51
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  19:29:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
GK Paul:
Use some Historical names and places, invent some bizarre plot, mix it all together and hope the people buy it.

Hmmmmm... Sounds like Ann Coulter to me.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

leoofno
Skeptic Friend

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  20:33:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send leoofno a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kil

quote:
GK Paul:
Use some Historical names and places, invent some bizarre plot, mix it all together and hope the people buy it.

You couldn't leave well enough alone, could you?

Now this whole thing is going to start again....

"If you're not terrified, you're not paying attention." Eric Alterman
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  00:23:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kil

quote:
GK Paul:

I was thinking about the New Testament.

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

GK Paul
Skeptic Friend

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  03:13:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GK Paul a Private Message
Getting back to the bizarre Caesar's Messiah why don't we let the businessman Atwell speak for himself. He states that there are some inconsistencies in the events after the Resurrection. Such as how many people were with Mary Magdalene. He states:

" Since I had already realized that nothing was inadvertent in the Gospels, I wondered about the purpose of these contradictions. My efforts to answer this question led me to discover another, more logical, way to understand the New Testament stories of Jesus' resurrection than any I had heard of previously: that the four different versions create one story that should be read intertextually."

He than says "This reading (intertextually) reveals that Jesus does not rise from the dead. Rather Mary Magdalene simply mistakes Lazarus' empty tomb for the tomb of Jesus. This misunderstanding then sets off a comedy of errors during which the disciples mistake one another for angels and thereby delulde themsellves into believing that their Messiah has risen from the dead. This combined story also completes the joke I discussed in the previous chapter - that since the real Messiah, Lazarus, has been eaten, his tomb is therefore empty. To understand this combined story is quite simple, requiring only that the reader think logically" (CM Pg 125)

So Atwill says "the real Messiah, Lazarus, has been eaten..." Maybe this might explain Robert Price's severe review of the book.

"Something cannot come from nothing" -- Ken Tanaka - geologist

"The existence of a Being endowed with intelligence and wisdom is a necessary inference from a study of celestial mechanics" --Sir Isaac Newton

GK Paul
Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  06:21:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Starman
I was thinking about the New Testament.

My thoughts almost exactly. I thought "Old & New Testament"

With the disclaimer that money wasn't the motive. Power was.

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  10:33:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

So Atwill says "the real Messiah, Lazarus, has been eaten..." Maybe this might explain Robert Price's severe review of the book.
If you would actually read Price's review (which you linked to, GK Paul, in the other thread), Price explains quite clearly why his review is so severe, and it has nothing to do with the phrase "the real Messiah, Lazarus, has been eaten..."

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds.