Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Community Forums
 Humor
 Our friend, caffeine! (A parody written by moi)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Garrette
SFN Regular

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  11:33:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Garrette a Yahoo! Message Send Garrette a Private Message
quote:
You drink mutilated coffee!?

'tis a failing I freely admit, though there can be great satisifaction when one finally discovers a respectable decaf brand. Sanka's not bad.

My kids still love me.
Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  11:37:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
Never. Besides the revenge of the coffee gods on me (aka heartburn) the stuff does nothing for me.

---
There is no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our world. It underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've known. Sagan
Go to Top of Page

PhDreamer
SFN Regular

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  11:39:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit PhDreamer's Homepage Send PhDreamer a Private Message
Decaf is like that non-alcoholic beer.

"All the great taste of coffee without all that stuff you drink coffee for in the first place!"

Yum.

Adventure? Excitement? A Jedi craves not these things. - Silent Bob
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  12:28:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
'Decaf'? What is it, this decaf?

f

"They will take away my Darwin Fish only when they pry it from my cold, dead bumper!"
Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  12:47:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
quote:
'Decaf'? What is it, this decaf?

f

"They will take away my Darwin Fish only when they pry it from my cold, dead bumper!"

Hmm, how to explain de-caf, well see, these evil trolls remove the stuff that makes coffee coffee and leave behind brown flavored water. Or they could be orcs or goblins or maybe even gremlins, we're not really sure yet. This most vile evil should be stopped. Yet there are those that can not drink the full strength of the ambrosia that is coffee.

---
There is no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our world. It underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've known. Sagan
Go to Top of Page

Garrette
SFN Regular

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  13:17:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Garrette a Yahoo! Message Send Garrette a Private Message
Hah! You're jealous because I've escaped the vile clutches of the demon caffeine while still enjoying the burning bad taste of the coffee bean.

I've been addicted to coffee, Mountain Dew, and Big Red. DT's and all to get away.

My kids still love me.
Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  13:19:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
quote:

Hah! You're jealous because I've escaped the vile clutches of the demon caffeine while still enjoying the burning bad taste of the coffee bean.

I've been addicted to coffee, Mountain Dew, and Big Red. DT's and all to get away.

My kids still love me.

No really, I do get heartburn from drinking decaf. No jealousy, I just like to save my stomach lining.

Getting away from caffiene - um, I don't like the headaches. Terrible.

---
Go to Top of Page

Xev
Skeptic Friend

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  13:39:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Xev an ICQ Message Send Xev a Private Message
Lady Caffa told me to drink my coffee with cream and sugar. Lady Caffa is good.

Xev-Come not between the creationist and his pseudoscience-Bellringer
Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  17:28:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message
Hmm.. I've heard of this creature called "decaf." I am afraid I must side with Trish in this case, and advocate the slaughter of all gremlins that remove the sacred caffeine from the juice of life.

-me.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  18:04:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Ah, I see.

"Decaf" is a sort of a drink that, like a nuetered lion, roars out claims to be coffee yet is not. Like a fangless mamba, it bites but is unable to pierce even the thinnest skin.

I feel a great pity, indeed I grieve, for those forced to drink it. I sincerly wish that their fortunes change for the better quickly, so that they might enjoy the soul-uplifting thrill of imbibing the Real Bean, hot and fresh off the stove, Navy-style. Or made extra strong and iced. In this case one might decide to to sweeten it a bit with whiskey and just a little shot of lime.

Ah, coffee! Alas, I fear that this "decaf", this pittiful imposter, this watering down of ambrosia, will never acheave any sort of popularity among those of discerning pallet, with at least a minimum-wage job. It is a sign of the decline of civilization that such a wretched substance even exists.

f

Go to Top of Page

Kaneda Kuonji
Skeptic Friend

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  19:54:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kaneda Kuonji a Private Message
I myself partake of a different ambrosia, for Code Red Mountain Dew and on rare occasion, the power of Vivarin have given me strength in the darkest hour.

Take not the Vivarin lest you invoke the ire of the Caffeine Gods, for as they giveth, so too can they taketh away. Be warned that the price of using a Vivarin is steep, as inability to rest doth surely follow.

In moderation, there is strength in knowing when too much is too much.

Rodney Dean, CI Order of the Knights of Jubal
Ivbalis.org

Go to Top of Page

ktesibios
SFN Regular

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  02:45:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ktesibios a Private Message
Decaffeinated coffee is like dealcoholized beer is like Christian heavy metal is like kissing your sister.

Boris Karloff died for your sins.
Go to Top of Page

Garrette
SFN Regular

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  04:37:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Garrette a Yahoo! Message Send Garrette a Private Message
First, the panacea: I admit freely that the unadulterated blend replete with natural stimulants tastes far superior to the bastardized versions. I avoid it (usually) as a personal decision.

Second, the defiance: Decaf! Decaf! Decaf! Pttthhhhhbbbbbtttttt to you all!

My kids still love me.
Go to Top of Page

Bradley
Skeptic Friend

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  13:57:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bradley a Private Message
Coffee is definitely the marijuana of the post-Reagan era. The same generation that used pot back in the days of polyester has now turned to caffeine as the drug of choice. Our social interaction and even a great deal of our humor centers on caffeine use, much the same way it centered on pot use in the old days.

My favorite poison is called "red eye" or "shot in the dark." It consists of a single espresso in a mug of French roast, both individually brewed, light and sweet to personal preference.

"Too much doubt is better than too much credulity."

-Robert Green Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)
Go to Top of Page

Espritch
Skeptic Friend

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2002 :  00:17:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Espritch's Homepage Send Espritch a Private Message
I love the smell of coffee. I sometime wander into one of those mall coffee bean shops just to bask in the aroma.

Now if they could just find a way to make coffee taste as good as it smells...that would truely be bliss.

Edited by - espritch on 02/02/2002 00:18:29
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.