Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Community Forums
 Humor
 Our friend, caffeine! (A parody written by moi)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Physiofly
Skeptic Friend

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2002 :  00:40:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Physiofly a Private Message
quote:
"Many kinds of monkeys have a strong taste for tea, coffee, and spirituous liquors: they will also, as I have myself seen, smoke tobacco with pleasure." - Charles Darwin, Descent of Man

Caffeine, ethanol and nicotine - the true ingredients of primordial soup?

"Be careful about reading health books. You might die of a misprint." - Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  09:39:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
Nicotine - I keep saying I'm going to give this stuff up one day.

---
There is no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our world. It underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've known. Sagan
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  10:40:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Mmmmm. Nicotine.

I like Black Maria cut plug, but mostly I dip snuff. Not so messy. I also smoke a pipe and once in a while, a really good, madura-wrapped ciger. Wish I could afford more of those stogies.

For ethanol, I prefers cheap bourbon.

Deep in the wonders of the primordal soup, am I.

f

"They will take away my Darwin Fish only when they pry it from my cold, dead bumper!"
Go to Top of Page

Garrette
SFN Regular

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  11:00:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Garrette a Yahoo! Message Send Garrette a Private Message
Haven't we had this thread once before? The wonders of ethanol are seemingly limitless, no doubt.

Rum and coke. Bourbon straight sometimes, but mostly with coke or ginger ale. Italian iced tea. Vodka.

Oh, yeah, and anything related to jello shots or body shots...

My kids still love me.
Go to Top of Page

Xev
Skeptic Friend

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  13:45:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Xev an ICQ Message Send Xev a Private Message
Daquris, Mai Tais, Vodka and Coke, White Russians. Margaritas.

Not much of a beer drinker. Straight Vodka, and Brandy.

Mmmm

Xev-Come not between the creationist and his pseudoscience-Bellringer

Edited by - Xev on 02/04/2002 13:50:29
Go to Top of Page

Slater
SFN Regular

USA
1668 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  14:04:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Slater a Private Message
Huh what? Mai Tais? Did somebody say Mai Tais? Bartender I'll have another.

Garrette you might scoff a caffeine but last week Good Morning America (so you know it's gotta be true) reported that people who have two or more cups of coffee's worth of caffeine a day are 60% less likely to develope Altzheimers than those who obstain.

-------
The brain that was stolen from my laboratory was a criminal brain. Only evil will come from it.
Go to Top of Page

Garrette
SFN Regular

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  15:39:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Garrette a Yahoo! Message Send Garrette a Private Message
Nah, I don't really scoff at caffeine. I just don't want to be addicted to it again. I literally was addicted to Mountain Dew and Big Red (a regional drink with a tad more caffeine than Mountain Dew). It was not easy getting off them.

I'd be interested to know any confounding variables (is that the right term) regarding the Alzheimer's study. I recall other studies that say mental exercises also work to stave off the disease. Is it possible that coffee drinkers are generally more mentally active?

My kids still love me.
Go to Top of Page

ktesibios
SFN Regular

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  21:57:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ktesibios a Private Message
Canadian whisky.

Coffee.

Camel regulars.

All else is mere commentary.

Boris Karloff died for your sins.
Go to Top of Page

Kaneda Kuonji
Skeptic Friend

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  06:49:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kaneda Kuonji a Private Message
That which is a vice to some may be a virtue for others. Strive to find an affinity for thine life's blood.

Not all need caffeine. Some may need sugar or nicotine.

Rodney Dean, CI Order of the Knights of Jubal
Ivbalis.org

Go to Top of Page

Wendy
SFN Regular

USA
614 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2002 :  15:37:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Wendy a Yahoo! Message Send Wendy a Private Message
Ahhh, coffee. Black, like my heart. Is there anything better? I think not. Just the thought of it is exciting. Think I'll go make some.

Wendy Jones
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.