Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  14:19:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by furshur

It may just be me, but why don't you cut this weird jargon bullshit and just use english?
Here's why:
quote:
Originally posted by TOR Hershman

Now, didn't that take our little minds off the fact that this IS all totally meaningless?
Seems to me that in that light, the Freud stuff is going to be a much more productive discussion. Speaking of which, I bet that old discussion was sometime almost exactly a year ago, Kil.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  14:25:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by furshur

quote:
Moi gotz lotz more on the Amenhotep thingy but dead, chopped-up moo cow (butts and shoulders] is on sale, BOGO, at Kroger and moi gotz to go.
I mean, after all…..Beefy The Beef Bull sez, “Gnaw me head off.”

It may just be me, but why don't you cut this weird jargon bullshit and just use english?

It's not just you. I thought that we were dealing with a teenager, with an outside chance that it may be a college student. TOR's profile indicates a totally unexpected age.

edited to add:
Ok. I managed to watch the 3 videos posted by TOR. Like Halfmooner, the video and over-the-top narration doesn't work. The back ground sound was annoying. Could have been intentional since Jesus part 2 ends by telling us that it means absolutely nothing.

The primary Jesus assertion seems to be that Jesus was a fabrication of the Roman Ovid. I'd rather see this assertion in written form and supported through references, but I seem to recall a recent thread dealing with this same topic. No need to bother.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Edited by - moakley on 01/08/2007 15:00:10
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  18:32:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.
Speaking of which, I bet that old discussion was sometime almost exactly a year ago, Kil.

That link in the summary doesn't work anymore.

This one does:
Psychoanalytic Method and the Mischief of Freud-Bashersby Zvi Lothane, M.D.

But it was another discussion that inspired that link. I believe we were talking about a psychiatric evaluation program at schools for teen depression and treatment. Anyhow, someone did some Freud bashing I think. Or psychiatry bashing anyhow…

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  22:25:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message
I see the mistake......... We took him seriously...... Google his name.... He's just self-promoting....

Peace
Joe
Go to Top of Page

TOR Hershman
Not Funny

51 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  07:15:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit TOR Hershman's Homepage Send TOR Hershman a Private Message
Mr. Atwill's book ‘twas published February, 2005.
Moi's lill' bit of info hast been online MUCH longer than that in the form of “The Awful Fact” (Parts I & II).
Heck, at original Mp3.com each recording made it to #3 on the
Spoken-Word/Poetry chart.
They'd a-gotten to #1 if'in it hadn't of been for that dang-nab Viggo Mortensen hoggin' first and second place from the time moi's stuff hit the charts to the site's destruction.

Self promoting?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Ever watch a television talk-show OR political speech?
Really moi 'tis FACT DISTRIBUTING unlike Joey who seems to only be into 'name callin' AND 'temple guardin'.
Tell me, Joey, is my parody "The Little Bummer Boy" a part of your history/present?

http://torhershman.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TOR Hershman
Not Funny

51 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  07:48:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit TOR Hershman's Homepage Send TOR Hershman a Private Message
Okay, in “The Origin of Jesus Christ (Part II), as moi begins to speak thus
“…..and human culture *laughter* it is little more than a twisted parody of what a true civilization would be.”
an image of a human male appears, do any of you mature folks know WHO it is/was?

Just wonderin'.

Stay on Groovin' Safari,
TOR

Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  15:05:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
Yep, TOR is just a common troll, and not even very good at it.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  18:15:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Yup, after following OY's advice about Googling his name, I don't think any kind of effort is going to sway this mature man from his Dadaist trolling ways. Tor's psychological makeup is firmly set.

If someone says everything means nothing and is worthless, and mocks all things equally, that person has essentially has made no statement except that his opinions are worthless and meaningless. An indiscriminate disdain is pure noise, without any signal component.

Reading on Dadaism at Wiki just now, I ran into this quote:
quote:
A reviewer from the American Art News stated that "The Dada philosophy is the sickest, most paralyzing and most destructive thing that has ever originated from the brain of man."
Bingo.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  21:17:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Anyone who self-reviews this video as
Hilarious and scathing parody musical video of we, The Humans. WHEEEEEEEEEE!
has redefined 'hilarious', 'scathing' and 'parody' for his own ends.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  21:48:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:

Anyone who self-reviews this video as Hilarious and scathing parody musical video of we, The Humans. WHEEEEEEEEEE! has redefined 'hilarious', 'scathing' and 'parody' for his own ends.

TOR's singing voice and lame humor really reminded me of someone I'd heard before, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

It just came to me. Dr. Demento at his most "wacky." (Unfortunately, all I could find is this relatively sedate interview.)

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 01/09/2007 21:49:39
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  22:21:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
I never much cared for Dr. Demento, either.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  22:44:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:

Not even "They're coming to take me away, ha-ha" ?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  23:17:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:

Oh, he's worse than awful. Thus, the striking similarity.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 01/09/2007 23:18:14
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  02:28:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
Troll he may be, but he's also more or less illiterate. The babble he posts is incoherent and rambling at best.

He's not as bad as the anal hygene troll though.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

TOR Hershman
Not Funny

51 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  05:51:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit TOR Hershman's Homepage Send TOR Hershman a Private Message
Okay, yep.....Dr. D's and moi's 'regular' speakin' voice are MOST similar.
The frist time I realized this moi thought, "Oh, shët!," 'cause I never realllllllllly cared for Dr. D's voice.

I do respct Dr. D's work on the Warner Bros' "Loss Leaders" (Google it) however here's how moi sees his show
http://www.amiright.com/photoshops/v/variousartistsalbum_1143752733.shtml

Oh, BTW.....speakin' of googling, moi just googled moi's self and HOLEY PHUCK, moi gotz lotz of funkin' cypber presence.
CRAP! I even gotz google images.
THANKS for gettin' moi googlin' moi's self.

Oh, now methinks moi's parody song "The Little Bummer Boy" has MOST of you 'drolls' covered most accuratly.

Stay on Groovin' (DNA Jungle) Safari,
TOR

Edited by - TOR Hershman on 01/10/2007 06:19:55
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds.