Skeptic Friends Network

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Politics
 Palin accuses Obama of having "terrorist" friends
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  01:24:03  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From CNN:
"We see America as the greatest force for good in this world," Palin said at a fund-raising event in Colorado, adding, "Our opponent though, is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect that he's palling around with terrorists who would target their own country."
Along with McCain's own "Castro" ad, this is genuinely a new low for official major party campaigning. Presidential politics has never been nearly as nasty during my whole, long life. And all the nastiness is from the GOP. Brazen lies and smears, and not even by "outsiders" like the "Swift Boat Truthers" who could be dismissed as independents, but by the official McCain campaign itself. Amazing!

This year, unfortunately, I'm certain that, to coin a phrase, "We ain't seen nothing yet."

I chalk it up to the GOP's desperation to hold onto the land they looted and the war they love. They are willing to to do anything in their campaign to prevent their coming loss of power.

McCain once actually had my respect as a man of "principle." Now that lying bastard has nothing but my utmost contempt. Palin herself is hardly worthy of mention, except as a fascinating train-wreck sideshow.


Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 10/05/2008 02:24:26

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2557 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  01:35:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know who's going to go for this, right?

Yep.

Looks like we are going to see a whole different McCain/Palin campaign this last stretch of the election season.

And I say IT'S ABOUT TIME!

Read this article quoting Gov. Palin, about Obama palling around with terrorists, while McCain was in Nam. It's pretty good, and makes me add another notch to the I am warming up to Palin belt.

http://www.breitbart.com/print.php?id=D93JSBFO0&show_article=1

Whoops need to fix the thread title!

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Edited by - the_ignored on 10/05/2008 01:36:07
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  03:06:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

You know who's going to go for this, right?

Yep.

Looks like we are going to see a whole different McCain/Palin campaign this last stretch of the election season.

And I say IT'S ABOUT TIME!

Read this article quoting Gov. Palin, about Obama palling around with terrorists, while McCain was in Nam. It's pretty good, and makes me add another notch to the I am warming up to Palin belt.

http://www.breitbart.com/print.php?id=D93JSBFO0&show_article=1

Whoops need to fix the thread title!

Sigh. I suspect that Palin was chosen by McCain on a strict quid pro quo basis in return for the endorsement of the bigot and near fascist Rev. James Dobson's (of Focus on the Family and the Family Research Council). Further, I suspect that Dobson retained control of Palin for the campaign. If I am correct in these guesses, we are going to see even more bizarre words coming from Palin. But to no avail.

[Edit: Inserted the word "more" in last sentence, as I'd originally intended it to read.]




Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 10/06/2008 00:46:25
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  03:15:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Under any other circumstances, this would be funny. Here's the working portion of Palin's squeal:
Palin cited an article in Saturday's New York Times about Obama's relationship with Ayers, now 63. But that article concluded that "the two men do not appear to have been close. Nor has Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and actions of Mr. Ayers, whom he has called 'somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8.' "

Article Correction

In previous versions of this story, the National Review was incorrectly included among publications cited as debunking the idea that Sen. Barack Obama and Bill Ayers, a founder of the radical Weather Underground, had a close relationship. Several other publications, including the Washington Post, Time magazine, the Chicago Sun-Times, The New Yorker and The New Republic, have debunked the idea that Obama and Ayers had a close relationship. Watch CNN's Truth Squad examine Palin claims

Riot and bomb conspiracy charges against Ayers were dropped in 1974, and he is now a professor of education at the University of Illinois in Chicago.
As much as anything else, this is an attack on intellectualism, something the Republicans have come to loath. In this, they have a lot in common with the likes of Pol Pot, et al.

I rather think that we are going to hear a lot from Palin, as McCain keeps off the stage as much as possible and lets the pretty skirt do his dirty work. There's a name for that sort of thing.....




"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres


"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

calebjones1234
BANNED

95 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  06:15:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send calebjones1234 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ayers is an unrepentant terrorist that stated he wishes he had done more bombings in America.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2996 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  06:28:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by calebjones1234

Ayers is an unrepentant terrorist that stated he wishes he had done more bombings in America.


As someone who lurks most of the time, it would be nice, that when you make an accusation or other assertion of fact, that you provide a link or reference to some information that backs you up.

Just a thought.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

calebjones1234
BANNED

95 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  06:29:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send calebjones1234 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by pleco

Originally posted by calebjones1234

Ayers is an unrepentant terrorist that stated he wishes he had done more bombings in America.


As someone who lurks most of the time, it would be nice, that when you make an accusation or other assertion of fact, that you provide a link or reference to some information that backs you up.

Just a thought.



Google William Ayers and the interview he gave that was published Sept. 11, 2001.

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  07:06:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Again, you ask us to prove that what you say is true...

Yep, your remaining time here is short.


Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

calebjones1234
BANNED

95 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  07:14:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send calebjones1234 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

Again, you ask us to prove that what you say is true...

Yep, your remaining time here is short.





You hiding from facts does not make them go away.

It does allow you to live in fantasy land.


Good luck with that.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F02E1DE1438F932A2575AC0A9679C8B63


''I don't regret setting bombs,'' Bill Ayers said. ''I feel we didn't do enough.'' Mr. Ayers, who spent the 1970's as a fugitive in the Weather Underground, was sitting in the kitchen of his big turn-of-the-19th-century stone house in the Hyde Park district of Chicago.
Go to Top of Page

calebjones1234
BANNED

95 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  07:17:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send calebjones1234 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The fact that I do present such evidence is why I will soon be banned.

Some people like to live in fantasy land only looking at information which confirms their world-view and ignoring those facts which do not.



What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  07:27:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by calebjones1234

The fact that I do present such evidence is why I will soon be banned.

Some people like to live in fantasy land only looking at information which confirms their world-view and ignoring those facts which do not.



What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell

Yer full'a shit, bro. No one ever got banned from here just because he/she presented evidence, however idiotic that "evidence" might be -- we've seen some doozies. They get banned for being spammers or assholes, the difference of which escapes me. So, you've got evidence of Obama/Ayers conspiring to commit terrorism or you've not. Put up or shut up.




"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres


"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

calebjones1234
BANNED

95 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  07:36:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send calebjones1234 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

[quote] So, you've got evidence of Obama/Ayers conspiring to commit terrorism or you've not. Put up or shut up.




You are a fraud.

No one ever stated such a thing.


Go back to jerking yourself-off on Obama's picture.



Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  08:05:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by calebjones1234

Originally posted by filthy

[quote] So, you've got evidence of Obama/Ayers conspiring to commit terrorism or you've not. Put up or shut up.




You are a fraud.

No one ever stated such a thing.


Go back to jerking yourself-off on Obama's picture.




My, such talk! But here's something of intrest:

"The Republicans of 2008 tried to sell us Ronald Reagan, but switched to Teddy Roosevelt when Reagan's deregulation became the financial collapse of 2008. Now they seem to be switching again, in yet another reckless attempt to reignite culture wars, trying to sell us the Republican Party of Richard Nixon.

McCain is quoted in today's NY Times, asking "How can you countenance someone who was engaged in bombings that could have or did kill innocent people?" I had to look twice to be sure who was being quoted and who he was talking about. Yup it was McCain and he was talking about William Ayers, who in the 60s was a member of the Weather Underground.

What McCain isn't telling you, and many Americans are too young to remember, including the Democratic nominee for President, is that there were two sides to the culture war of the 60s. The side he is adopting, the side of Richard Nixon, was that there is a Silent Majority that supported the war in Vietnam, and the side represented by the anti-war movement, who, it turns out actually did reflect the opinion of the majority of Americans, that the war in Vietnam was a terrible mistake. If one were to measure the goodness of one side over the other based on how many innocents they killed, there's no doubt that McCain's side killed far more. Orders of magnitude more."


So, after you explain how exactly I'm a fraud, when merely asking for evidence (and stating the obvious), you can go back to dreaming of stuffing your face into Ms. Palin's sweaty, cheerleader's crotch.




"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres


"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26001 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  08:15:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by calebjones1234

The fact that I do present such evidence is why I will soon be banned.
Hardly.

So you've presented evidence that Ayers is an unrepentant terrorist. Big deal. It's irrelevant to whether or not Obama was ever "palling around" with him.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  09:04:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I truly dislike the term 'terrorist'. It is pure propaganda.

How can one put Ayer in the same bag as Bin Laden?
Ayer has never killed anybody at the same time; the FBI itself was involved in several murders and the My Lai massacre had just happened.

This is not to condone Ayer's actions of course, but the situation was certainly not that clear cut.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  09:23:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
''I don't think you can understand a single thing we did without understanding the violence of the Vietnam War,'' he said, and the fact that ''the enduring scar of racism was fully in flower.'' Mr. Ayers pointed to Bob Kerrey, former Democratic Senator from Nebraska, who has admitted leading a raid in 1969 in which Vietnamese women and children were killed. ''He committed an act of terrorism,'' Mr. Ayers said. ''I didn't kill innocent people.''


http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F02E1DE1438F932A2575AC0A9679C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=2

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter



Edited by - Gorgo on 10/05/2008 09:26:08
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.


Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds.
Powered by @tomic Studio
Snitz Forums 2000