Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  11:02:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kil pointed out to me that my editing of jamalrapper's post above (and my apparent neglect to do so in the previous post of his) might give the appearance of favouring one side of the argument. To avoid any confusion, I added a clarification explaining my reasons for moderating.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  12:25:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Dave:
In which journal will you be publishing this research?

What's funny is jamalrapper originally posted that evolution wrong, or something like that. And the people teaching evolution were teaching a fraud. Having failed in his queste to support that allegation, he's now saying he's studying skeptics. I guess it's better than admitting that he was in over his head.

Oh here it is:
jamalrapper:
You should have mixed feelings. The creationist are getting more airtime because they are smacking down the skullduggery passed off as science in our schools.

http://www.skepticfriends.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14699&whichpage=1#200042

I don't know how you put this logic together Kil. Yes I signed up because of the research I am undertaking.

I picked a topic with creation/evolution because I have researched a lot of material on those subjects.

It turned out to be a good choice because most threads here I noticed don't really generate much interest. I needed one that would in a very short time expose me to as many members and opinions/expertise.

I also picked the yeast multicellular thread because here again it is along the same lines of evolutionary transitions.

These were not random choices but purpose driven. It was chosen to see how skeptics on this site handle topics which they are obviously not qualified for.

I am doing a research on skeptics and I can choose any methodology I want which will produce the results and conclusion in the most effective and economical way.

I also included some threshold parameters which was a little indulgent on my path. But you see I did not just sign up and start posting. I did some research on earlier post obviously picking the largest threads for the biggest samples.

Actually I am on several skeptic forums. No one has a monopoly on dumb idle chatter.

I hope you enjoyed the many research links I provided. You don't see much of that in most skeptic forums. People have direct access to those technical sites and can skip unsolicited ignorant retheorical excesses. But we are dealing with skeptics......why should we expect any more. Where the blind lead the absurd.

As for Dr Mabuse. I don't know if he is aware SOPA the Internet Censorship bill was defeated or put on hold. Since when did US Laws infringe on Swedish Laws. You should announce such developments.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  12:40:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
jamalrapper:
I don't know how you put this logic together Kil. Yes I signed up because of the research I am undertaking.

Yeah. Whatever...
jamalrapper:
I picked a topic with creation/evolution because I have researched a lot of material on those subjects.

Could have fooled me. I suppose calling us "cocksuckers" and never admitting a mistake (which you're doing right now) was a part of your research into how we would react.

"Note: How will the wild skeptic react to hissy fits and being called really nasty names? Important to my research of this strange beast while in its natural habitat..."

Whatever...

And so on.

As for Dr Mabuse. I don't know if he is aware SOPA the Internet Censorship bill was defeated or put on hold. Since when did US Laws infringe on Swedish Laws. You should announce such developments.
US laws infringe on Swedish laws? WTF? What Mab did has nothing to do with SOPA. And you weren't censured. There are standing copyright laws, and we have in the past been threatened with legal action. We're not going to let you put is in that kind of position. The reason we are against SOPA is because there are already laws in place to protect copyright and the SOPA law, if enacted, could have literally shut down sites simply by making an allegation. There's more. But your comparison, as usual, is baseless.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  12:42:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by jamalrapper

This comment has so many levels of stupidity, its quite literally mind-boggling.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  12:52:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Fripp

This comment has so many levels of stupidity, its quite literally mind-boggling.

This does deal with intellectual property and copyrights implications.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  12:56:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by Fripp

This does deal with intellectual property and copyrights implications.
Nothing to do with SOPA. See my post above.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  13:21:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I am doing a research on skeptics and I can choose any methodology I want which will produce the results and conclusion in the most effective and economical way.
That's no way to avoid bias. Quite the opposite, in fact. If you want to be scientific and minimize bias, you should favor methods which will ensure the results are true, not methods which will generate the results you want to see. That was Axe's failure.

Of course, this "research on skeptics" is probably all a lie, anyway. It's a decades-old excuse when you've been caught trolling online. It's about as believable as "my dog ate my homework." Nobody will ever see the results of your research because it doesn't really exist.
As for Dr Mabuse. I don't know if he is aware SOPA the Internet Censorship bill was defeated or put on hold. Since when did US Laws infringe on Swedish Laws.
What do Swedish laws have to do with a US website? Of course, Sweden and the US signed the same international copyright treaty, so the answer to the previous question is moot, anyway.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  13:24:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As far as the links are concerned. They are all in the public domain. Dr Mabuse deleted a bibliographical listings from Wiki and AIG. The AIG you had already found and edited the listing source.

I can see where it might serve some purpose to deleted a comparison made between list of skeptic proponents/writers and comparable list of true biologist/scientist theist and creationist. Using the same skeptic logic. How can I be wrong when I agree with so many biologist/scientist. Surely they can't all be wrong. Or the converse of skeptical logic. Just because the majority believe in one way does not necessarily make it true. Then I must be right for disagreeing with all the skeptics here.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  13:35:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

As far as the links are concerned. They are all in the public domain.
Just because something is posted online doesn't mean it is in the public domain. You've just demonstrated that your knowledge of copyright law is as poor as your knowledge of evolutionary theory.
Dr Mabuse deleted a bibliographical listings from Wiki and AIG. The AIG you had already found and edited the listing source.
Yes, he deleted your wholesale copy-and-paste, which was both unnecessary and could have opened up the SFN to a copyright lawsuit.
I can see where it might serve some purpose to deleted a comparison made between list of skeptic proponents/writers and comparable list of true biologist/scientist theist and creationist. Using the same skeptic logic.
No, that's cowardly creationist logic.
How can I be wrong when I agree with so many biologist/scientist. Surely they can't all be wrong.
No, an argument from popularity is a logical fallacy, and not "skeptic logic."
Or the converse of skeptical logic. Just because the majority believe in one way does not necessarily make it true.
You've got this all backwards.
Then I must be right for disagreeing with all the skeptics here.
See? You know the argument is wrong, yet you used it anyway in your previous post. Why do you shoot your credibility in its foot like that?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  13:36:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
jamatroll:
They are all in the public domain. Dr Mabuse deleted a bibliographical listings from Wiki and AIG. The AIG you had already found and edited the listing source.

This was all explained to you. Why do you play stupid?
jamaltroll:
I can see where it might serve some purpose to deleted a comparison made between list of skeptic proponents/writers and comparable list of true biologist/scientist theist and creationist.

Ooops! Couldn't see that one coming! See the post at the top of this page.

And okay now. I can't see how you are not just trolling at this point. Maybe you have been from the start.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  21:55:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You guys are a bunch of cowards hiding behind your firewall shutting out critical expression. This site has banned so many members. It should be deemed a failed site.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2012 :  00:41:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You guys are a bunch of cowards hiding behind your firewall shutting out critical expression. This site has banned so many members. It should be deemed a failed site.
Of all those coming through here, SFN bans a vanishingly small percentage, and then always for good reason, as was explained to you. Compare to Creo sites like Uncommon Descent, etc., etc., where the merest polite disagreement or inconvenient question has always resulted in swift banning for life.

You, jamalrapper, are still here, even after the vilest of insults broadcast toward everyone. That says volumes about SFN's patience and willingness to debate the opposition.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2012 :  04:13:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You guys are a bunch of cowards hiding behind your firewall shutting out critical expression.
We haven't shut-out your critical expression. Go figure.
This site has banned so many members.
Looks like Uncommon Descent banned more people this past week than we've banned, ever. Barry Arrington demanded ideological purity among the commentariat, and so performed a purge.

And then, of course, there's Evolution News & Views. A "blog" you've referenced a couple times which doesn't allow commenting at all.
It should be deemed a failed site.
I guess it's a shame for you that there's no objective standard or governing body which determines such things.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2012 :  05:48:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Freedom of expression is an American right, a constitutional right. If you are an American site you should at least follow the law and not have some swede dictate what is lawful in this country. If you cannot put up with a research scientist at least defend your constitution...which is what all this GOP fight is about. Going back to the constitution.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2012 :  07:33:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Freedom of expression is an American right, a constitutional right. If you are an American site you should at least follow the law...
The Constitution guarantees the right to not have the government suppress your speech. As private citizens and a privately owned website, we have no obligation to allow you to post here, but that in no way limits your ability to speak. As I said before, it is not our fault if idiots can't figure out how to start their own free blogs, forums or websites, and we have no duty to allow such idiots to post here. Your knowledge of U.S. Constitutional law is as poor as your knowledge of evolutionary theory and copyright law, but I guess that is to be expected.
...and not have some swede dictate what is lawful in this country.
WTF?
If you cannot put up with a research scientist...
There are no research scientists currently posting at the SFN. Nor were CRUX or justintime research scientists. We have never banned a research scientist from posting here, nor have we curtailed the speech of any research scientist in any other way.
...at least defend your constitution...
And I also know that when speaking about a particular constitution, the word should be capitalized.
...which is what all this GOP fight is about. Going back to the constitution.
They've got a funny way of showing it, what with mandating invasive medical procedures and denying religious liberty and equality in general.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds.