New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  12:29:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.
We've never done so, because we actually lack any such power. We are not gods.

I'd go one further. Even the Gods are not really "God".
Not a single one of the hundreds of the invented Gods do not exist but were invented to control and exploit the gulliable and deluded. Nothing new here. Second to prostituion, the oldest racket around. Both involve screwing people for money.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  13:17:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

I'd go one further. Even the Gods are not really "God".
Not a single one of the hundreds of the invented Gods do not exist but were invented to control and exploit the gulliable and deluded. Nothing new here. Second to prostituion, the oldest racket around. Both involve screwing people for money.

Are you suggesting that skeptics are somewhat different. Unlike the other two who are screwing people for money....skeptics are getting screwed for money. Isn't that what is taught in evolution. Natural selection determined who were victim and who were master. So skeptics are then victims.

Did not religion liberate the victims by declaring all are equal in the eyes of god. SO aren't atheist scientist trying to take away these freedom from you victims by painting your ancestors as monkeys and apes.

Having accepted such crap don't you see the evidence and effect it has on modern society, these monkey theories. We still cage humans because evolutionist made skeptics believe humans are apes

In essence skeptics are paranoid because they don't believe god can protect them and they are not gods because even they lack the power.

Wake up brother a little exorcism will beat the monkey devil out of you.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  13:32:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Skeptics aren't necessarily atheists. Scientists aren't necessarily atheists. And atheists aren't necessarily scientists or skeptics. Everything else in the above post is gibberish.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  13:49:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Skeptics aren't necessarily atheists. Scientists aren't necessarily atheists. And atheists aren't necessarily scientists or skeptics. Everything else in the above post is gibberish.

How about christian scientist. christian skeptics and Christians that aren't necessarily scientist or skeptics.

There are a growing list of creation scientist. Vola!!!!!

Some modern scientists who have accepted the biblical account of creation

* Dr. William Arion, Biochemistry, Chemistry
* Dr. Paul Ackerman, Psychologist
* Dr. E. Theo Agard, Medical Physics
* Dr. Steve Austin, Geologist
* Dr. S.E. Aw, Biochemist

I have yet to receive from our dear skeptics a list of skeptic scientist.

[List of 188 names truncated for copyright reasons. The full list can be found at Answers-in-Genesis, Creation scientists section. //Dr. Mabuse]
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 02/22/2012 08:00:44
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  14:20:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by jamalrapper

SO aren't atheist scientist trying to take away these freedom from you victims by painting your ancestors as monkeys and apes.
Naturalistic fallacy.
Having accepted such crap don't you see the evidence and effect it has on modern society, these monkey theories. We still cage humans because evolutionist made skeptics believe humans are apes
You're so delusional that you think that prisons are the result of Darwin?!

So, jamalrapper... when will you be doing the math that will demonstrate that we admins and mods here brook no dissent and silence all criticial voices? I think that was all a bluff, since the facts that you continue to enjoy posting privileges and your comments haven't been deleted doom your hypothesis without the need for any further data collection or analysis.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  14:51:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote

But have always questioned moderators qualifications because they usurp the power to silence critical expressions.
They should be held to a higher standard.
Like one in which people are held accountable for their actions?

Thank you DaveW for showing me how to access the members list and even better the banished members. There are about about 96 members with 17 banished for the reasons you gave.
What we can calculate is the number of post it takes to get banished. Is the trajectory going up or down.Of the ones who posted in the last 6 months. How many of them were just casual posters.
Obviously the more one posts the more involved he/she is with the forum.
So I will have to narrow the search to get me a monthly average for each poster.
Then I habe to check the banished list to see which contentious topics appear top of the list that triggered the event. At a guess it would be politics, religion and evolution because of overlapping issues.
I noticed a lot of activity in the two threads and that is creating some high demands on my time here. So I won't be able to answer every question. Nor should I, because we cannot all be enamored by just one persons opinion..

I cannot help but notics even the average participating members are quite easily dismissed or fail to follow through with their arguments. That does draw a contrast between light weights and heavy weights. Is this to remain politically correct....I have to investigate.

I will try to catch up with some of the outstanding issues. Just a matter of time....as they say. Thanks again for the list.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  15:50:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
jamalrapper:

The list comes from AIG:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/bios/

Nice sourcing there, jamalrapper

Hell. Project Steve alone has over almost 1200 scientists named Steve on it alone.

Project Steve is a list of scientists with the given name Steven or a variation thereof (e.g., Stephanie, Stefan, Esteban, etc.) who "support evolution". It was originally created by the National Center for Science Education as a "tongue-in-cheek parody" of creationist attempts to collect a list of scientists who "doubt evolution," such as the Answers in Genesis' list of scientists who accept the biblical account of the Genesis creation narrative[1] or the Discovery Institute's A Scientific Dissent From Darwinism. The list pokes fun at such endeavors to make it clear that, "We did not wish to mislead the public into thinking that scientific issues are decided by who has the longer list of scientists!" It also honors Stephen Jay Gould.[2]
However, at the same time the project is a genuine collection of scientists. Despite the list's restriction to only scientists with names like "Steve", which in the United States limits the list to roughly 1 percent of the total population,[3] Project Steve is longer and contains many more eminent scientists than any creationist list. In particular, Project Steve contains many more biologists than the creationist lists, since about 51% of the listed Steves are biologists.[4]

The "Steve-o-meter" webpage provides an updated total of scientist "Steves" that have signed the list.[5] As of 9 January 2012, the Steve-o-meter registered 1,185 Steves.[6]

And then there is this:

Therefore, the 600 Darwin Dissenters signing the A Scientific Dissent From Darwinism represent about 0.054% of the estimated 1,108,100 biological and geological scientists in the US in 1999. In addition, a large fraction of the Darwin Dissenters have specialties unrelated to research on evolution; of the dissenters, three-quarters are not biologists.[152] Therefore, the roughly 150 biologist Darwin Dissenters represent about 0.0157% of the US biologists that existed in 1999. As of 2006, the list was expanded to include non-US scientists, overestimating the number of US scientists that do not accept evolution according to the Discovery Institute,[153] a known creationist lobby institution. Despite the increase in absolute number of scientists willing to sign the dissent form, and an increase in public support, proportionately the figures indicates the support from scientists for creationism and intelligent design is steadily decreasing.

Level of support for evolution

jammalrapper:
I have yet to receive from our dear skeptics a list of skeptic scientist.

Since it doesn't seem very important, because skepticism is a part of the scientific method, I don't think such a list exists. But many of my skeptical friends are scientists. It comes with the territory. Take it or leave it, I don't care.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  16:09:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What you are failing to notice is the list is made up of "Some modern scientists who have accepted the biblical account of creation." This list does not include scientist who are christian, catholics , those who believe in theistic evolution such as Kenneth Miller types or ID such as Behe types.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  16:40:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

There are about about 96 members with 17 banished for the reasons you gave.
No, 97 posters, and 13 banned. Five on the banned list were the same guy. Don't count him five times, count him once.
What we can calculate is the number of post it takes to get banished. Is the trajectory going up or down.
You're going to try to plot a trend from three data points? CRUX made 192 posts, justintime made 382 posts and flanagan1000 made 413 posts (plus maybe one from each banned sock). That's in chronological order, so the number of posts before banning is trending upwards.

Or did you want to include the spammers who were banned after one or fewer posts because they were doing nothing more than trying to advertise to us?
How many of them were just casual posters.
Define "casual."
Obviously the more one posts the more involved he/she is with the forum.
Not necessarily.
So I will have to narrow the search to get me a monthly average for each poster.
CRUX made 192 posts in six days, or 32 posts/day (ppd). justintime made his 382 posts in 38 days, or 10.1 ppd. flanagan1000 made his 413 posts over a different 38 days, or 10.9 ppd. Would extrapolating those to monthly rates provide better data?
Then I habe to check the banished list to see which contentious topics appear top of the list that triggered the event. At a guess it would be politics, religion and evolution because of overlapping issues.
I already told you: CRUX got banned for making wild accusations about the behavior of the staff here that he refused to either support or retract (kind of like you're doing). The subject that led to that was the banning of another member, long before your six month window.

justintime got banned for his pathetically sexist comment in a thread about a performance artist.

flanagan1000 got banned for ignoring moderator instruction to quit starting new threads about his bizarre conspiracy theories.
I noticed a lot of activity in the two threads and that is creating some high demands on my time here. So I won't be able to answer every question.
Cry me a river. By the way, I've been helping you do your homework here so that you will more quickly come to the conclusion that your hypothesis is flat-out wrong, and you can get back to substantive issues, instead of spending a lot of time on personal attacks.
Nor should I, because we cannot all be enamored by just one persons opinion..
No, just morbidly fascinated by one person's self-delusions. You are like watching a train wreck.
I cannot help but notics even the average participating members are quite easily dismissed or fail to follow through with their arguments. That does draw a contrast between light weights and heavy weights.
So now you're calling me fat?
Is this to remain politically correct....I have to investigate.
Please get over yourself.
I will try to catch up with some of the outstanding issues.
Like ID and Axe? I'm pretty sure you've dropped the subjects because you can't comprehend them. You're trying to Google U your way out of a complex argument, and failing in a very obvious way.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  16:45:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

What you are failing to notice is the list is made up of "Some modern scientists who have accepted the biblical account of creation." This list does not include scientist who are christian, catholics , those who believe in theistic evolution such as Kenneth Miller types or ID such as Behe types.
Yeah. Every "some" they could get to sign their statement. The list includes a dentist, lots of engineers and other unrelated professions. I think including people in unrelated professions is a pretty good indicator of how many "more" there are. and gee whiz. The "Steve's" are all scientists.

And no. Ken Miller does not believe in theistic evolution as it's usually defined. His view is of a naturalistic evolution. And he happens to be a Catholic. There is a difference. And I thought we already went through all of this.

Bottom line is that around 1/2 of one percent of all biologists in America are creationists. All of the rest, whether Christian or not, don't subscribe to creationism or ID.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  17:16:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by Kil

How about christian scientist. christian skeptics and Christians that aren't necessarily scientist or skeptics.

There are a growing list of creation scientist. Vola!!!!!

* Dr. William Arion, Biochemistry, Chemistry
* Dr. Paul Ackerman, Psychologist

WILL YOU START INCLUDING LINKS TO SOURCE MATERIAL ALREADY?

You cannot post shit like this without indicating source, and snipping large cut-and-paste jobs. You may be violating copyrights, and Skeptic Friends Network is not prepared to go to court because you're too comfortable to properly reference copied material.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  18:09:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did not think it would have made a difference. But the site referenced was all part of Halfmoons OP and the debunking of it. Am I really responsible when I use information from a site that has already been introduced/referenced here. You guys have criticized AIG yet it appears you have not read their postings or reference to journals that are independent of their biases.

Here is the link: http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/bios/

and title: Some modern scientists who have accepted the biblical account of creation.

I think Kil already provide a link in his post date/time: Posted - 02/21/2012 : 15:50:35

You fuckers should read the shit that is being posted on your forum instead of asking every poster to supported with links. Even when links are provided by your own fucking admins you don't read it. Sorry I had to call it by name this ridiculous exercise skeptics are engaging in.

There should be limits to how many times one has to reeducate you bunch of fucking morons to read, read, read. I had to repeat myself so many times. It was like multiple ejaculations in the skeptics mouth because he just refuse to accept that was real cum. I would have enjoyed the blow jobs if only it wasn't performed by a bunch of miserable old men past their prime and ugly as shit.

Edited by - jamalrapper on 02/21/2012 18:13:55
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  18:27:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
jamalrapper:
You fuckers should read the shit that is being posted on your forum instead of asking every poster to supported with links. Even when links are provided by your own fucking admins you don't read it. Sorry I had to call it by name this ridiculous exercise skeptics are engaging in.

There should be limits to how many times one has to reeducate you bunch of fucking morons to read, read, read. I had to repeat myself so many times. It was like multiple ejaculations in the skeptics mouth because he just refuse to accept that was real cum. I would have enjoyed the blow jobs if only it wasn't performed by a bunch of miserable old men past their prime and ugly as shit.

Nice rant. But see, here's the thing. I did mention that you didn't source that list. I didn't provide it for your sake. I had to go look for it. Just because you have posted a link to a website doesn't tell us what page you were linking to, or even if it came from the same site. So I took time out of my day to find the freaking link, before I responded.

As for the rest of what you posted, let me warn you. This is our sandbox. If you want to play here, you will play by our rules. And given what you just posted, is it any wonder that I called you a baby? How long do you think you would last on almost any other forum after a post like that?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  18:35:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

jamalrapper:

Nice rant. But see, here's the thing. I did mention that you didn't source that list. I didn't provide it for your sake. I had to go look for it. Just because you have posted a link to a website doesn't tell us what page you were linking to, or even if it came from the same site. So I took time out of my day to find the freaking link, before I responded.

As for the rest of what you posted, let me warn you. This is our sandbox. If you want to play here, you will play by our rules. And given what you just posted, is it any wonder that I called you a baby? How long do you think you would last on almost any other forum after a post like that?

AIG is a link that was sourced by none other that your own Halfmooner. Since all of you criticized the site your dick sucking group should have at least read what was covered by the site.

So many cock suckers pointed to the site as being biased without even knowing what the site covered.

Banish me if you must. You are a carpenter for Christ sake. What kind of a threat is that. Dumb fuck.
Edited by - jamalrapper on 02/21/2012 18:37:03
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  19:26:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awww, look... he's having a widdle tantrum.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds.