New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  14:34:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Fripp

In other words, I was right.

So now who's the "dumb fuck"?

Jesus was not a carpenter by vocation. He was a minister by vocation/calling/education.
Eg. If you help out in your family restaurant while studying for a medical degree. That does not make you a chef, just a helper in the family trade.

That I had to explain it twice to you makes you the dumb fuck.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  14:45:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by jamalrapper

What did Jesus do after the age of 12 years until 30 years? He was preparing for his ministry.

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book/faqs/jesus-after-age-12
So you deny Jesus' Atonement and miracles?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  14:59:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

What did Jesus do after the age of 12 years until 30 years? He was preparing for his ministry.

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book/faqs/jesus-after-age-12
So you deny Jesus' Atonement and miracles?

I have long forgiven you and all the other skeptics here. It is the Christian thing to do. I just want you guys to improve on your understand of evolutionary folklore. You cannot continue to beieve you are still monkeys/apes in light of all the new scientific evidence.

It is just not right for so many people to be brainwashed and have their self esteem lowered to the level of primates.

As Jesus said stand up and follow me. Overcome your lowly stature.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  15:14:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You cannot continue to beieve you are still monkeys/apes in light of all the new scientific evidence.
You haven't presented any new scientific evidence that counters the idea that humans are best categorized with the great apes in the tree of life. You haven't even tried to present any sort of argument against common descent, much less a scientific one.
It is just not right for so many people to be brainwashed and have their self esteem lowered to the level of primates.
Actually, it's quite liberating and esteem-boosting to know that there isn't any cosmic despotic overlord that built us (and built us badly on purpose), but instead to know that despite all our flaws, our successes came from within.
As Jesus said stand up and follow me. Overcome your lowly stature.
Jesus would have had us live as willing slaves. I can't think of anything more esteem-crushing than that.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  15:59:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
jamalrapper:
You cannot continue to beieve you are still monkeys/apes in light of all the new scientific evidence.

I must have been out of the room when you presented THAT evidence.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  16:07:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Jesus was not a carpenter by vocation. He was a minister by vocation/calling/education.
Eg. If you help out in your family restaurant while studying for a medical degree. That does not make you a chef, just a helper in the family trade.

That I had to explain it twice to you makes you the dumb fuck.

This is my last comment on this. It is quite clear that you don't have even the slightest inkling of knowledge on your own "saviour" . and I refuse to waste any more of my time when even your own Bible contradicts you.

But watching you debate on a topic so outside your realm of expertise (after you've demonstrated an astonishing level of cluelessness about your own religion) is, in a word, comical.

BTW, since you're now resorting to name-calling, you've made a tacit acknowledgement that you're losing this argument. And you are, badly.

I now predict that you'll hold your breath and stomp your feet.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  16:26:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fripp. We could have pictures of jamalrapper taking the cookie from the cookie jar, (and we have pretty darned close to that) and he would still deny it. I'm afraid that he's impervious to correction. And yet he portrays himself as a Christian. I guess they're making them differently these days. Lies, lack of humility, pride and so forth. He's gonna be screwed if a safe falls on his head, and it turns out that he's right about God. He'll be stuck down there with us.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  20:29:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He spent his developing years studying scriptures. That is why at 12 he could debate with the holy men at the temple.
Evidence? Please provide chapter and verse to back up that claim. I've read the New Testament and I don't recall reading Jesus being sent to any school, religious or otherwise...

Read you dumb fuck!!!!
Source your quotes, and provide evidence for your claims instead of insulting us.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  21:28:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(Sigh.) Now references to the Urantia Book. I guess bringing in that esteemed source of knowledge means jamalrapper has won the debate. I mean, who could top that?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  07:59:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jamalrapper wrote: As Jesus said stand up and follow me. Overcome your lowly stature.

DaveW wrote: Jesus would have had us live as willing slaves. I can't think of anything more esteem-crushing than that.

The work and words of Jesus are inspiring, soul lifting and liberating.

Here is what inspiration looks like:http://tribalscientist.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/god2-sistine_chapel.png

Here is how Darwins monkey theories lower the self esteem in his believers. Chimp beats students at computer game. http://www.nature.com/news/2007/071203/full/news.2007.317.html

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  08:13:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uh, being beaten in a computer game by a chimp would probably lower the self-esteem of a Creo as much as that of a "Darwinist." In fact, maybe more, as it demonstrates how close to humans chimps are.

Bad example for proving your point, jamalrapper.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 02/23/2012 08:15:08
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  08:14:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The work and words of Jesus are inspiring, soul lifting and liberating.
I can't think of any of his works or words which fit any of those attributes. His message boils down to "enslave yourself to god here on earth in order to guarantee your enslavement to god in heaven after you die, and if you don't, god will torture you forever." That's a message of liberation, to be sure.
Here is what inspiration looks like:http://tribalscientist.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/god2-sistine_chapel.png
God putting the spark of life into his broken creation? Not inspiring, just depressing (if true, which it isn't).
Here is how Darwins monkey theories lower the self esteem in his believers. Chimp beats students at computer game. http://www.nature.com/news/2007/071203/full/news.2007.317.html
How does that lower anyone's self-esteem? Anyone who thinks that humans are the best at everything hasn't tried to sprint barefoot against a cheetah. And the chimp thing would be true whether we knew anything about evolution or not, so it's just irrelevant. Apparently, in your mind, God must have made chimps better than humans in this one way. Does that inspire you? Raise your self-esteem? Why did god make chimps better than humans?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  09:02:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

He spent his developing years studying scriptures. That is why at 12 he could debate with the holy men at the temple.
Evidence? Please provide chapter and verse to back up that claim. I've read the New Testament and I don't recall reading Jesus being sent to any school, religious or otherwise...

Read you dumb fuck!!!!
Source your quotes, and provide evidence for your claims instead of insulting us.

I am sure Skeptics have heard of Biblical scholars who study the scriptures, the historical Jesus (early childhood, what line did he descend from(genealogy), the gospels that are not part of the new testament, the dead sea scrolls. It is in the study of theology that you find the answers to the historical Jesus.

The fact that you are asking me such questions and there are many like you, just proves most Skeptics have not searched for the truth in Christianity. A cursory read of the Bible is like ignoring all the new advancement in modern science to understand evolution.

The problem is deeper.
1. Scientist see Skeptics as ignorant obstructionist. This has been demonstrated in the skeptics for Climate Change. By circulating stolen research material and emails from CRU (Climategate) Skeptics have cast doubt on the science by misrepresenting the data, and understandably so, because they are not experts in the field.

They have also affected public opinion by playing to the ignorance of the general public who do not understand complex scientific research.

In short scientist do not sympathize with skeptics and actually have a condescending attitude toward them. Especially for their lack of education and ignorance on subjects that require expertise.

Christians look at skeptics as the proverbial doubting Thomas. Would like to win them over, but don't despise them. Like many, skeptics prematurely judge faith and religion without investing the time to study them.

It really boils down to why is someone a skeptic and what do skeptics write about to help other skeptics develop knowledge on those subjects they are skeptical about.

I provided a list of books by skeptics and noted for the benefit of the poor readers here that many of the writers/advocates were not biologist, evolutionist or theologians. Many were philosophers, science fiction writers, mentalist, paranormal pseudoscientist etc. etc..

This is why one does not go to a skeptic site to be educated on science or religion. It is the ignorant and uninitiated who search skeptic forums for opinions that support their skepticism. If it was scientific or religious material they were looking for to improve their knowledge. There are plenty of sites for science and religion, sites they can access for expert level information.

Unfortunately I am researching Skeptics and their big doubt, their reluctance to get an education in science and religion. Why are there no experts on skeptics forums who can actually filter out the garbage, correct misconceptions.

Why do the public or skeptic wannabees prefer to rely on unqualified moderators for their expertise on religious or scientific matters. A quick check of their profiles which list their qualification should correct the rationale.

So you see skeptics are neither highly regarded by scientist or religious denominations.

They need to be save from all their intangibles.

I have enough material from this site for my research. I am exploring other Skeptic forums so as to balance any biases.

Please recommend skeptic sites better than SFN so I won't have to deal with the same redundant protracted 12 step programmed responses for every new critical expression.
Go to Top of Page

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  09:55:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Uh, being beaten in a computer game by a chimp would probably lower the self-esteem of a Creo as much as that of a "Darwinist." In fact, maybe more, as it demonstrates how close to humans chimps are.

Bad example for proving your point, jamalrapper.

It proves Darwin wrong again. His theory of evolution as a slow gradual progression. From the simple to the complex with humans being at the top of the chain. If you look at the evolution chart modern humans appeared only 200,000 years ago. The split between chimpanzees and our common ancestor was over 4 million years ago. Chimps evolved faster than humans. Remember chimps were introduced to computers much later and they beat university students. Not some average joe doing computers.
Edited by - jamalrapper on 02/23/2012 09:55:33
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  10:30:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
jamalrapper:I am sure Skeptics have heard of Biblical scholars who study the scriptures, the historical Jesus (early childhood, what line did he descend from(genealogy), the gospels that are not part of the new testament, the dead sea scrolls. It is in the study of theology that you find the answers to the historical Jesus.
Would you please point to a source that says that by early trade, Jesus wasn’t a carpenter? Anyhow. What you mean by the study of theology is interpretation. And that can go in several directions depending on who you consider an expert.
jamarapper:
The fact that you are asking me such questions and there are many like you, just proves most Skeptics have not searched for the truth in Christianity. A cursory read of the Bible is like ignoring all the new advancement in modern science to understand evolution.
No. What it means is that many skeptics have rejected the “truth” in the bible. But then, not all skeptics are atheists. But there are those who strongly believed and upon investigation of their own, became atheists. It should be pointed out that atheism and skepticism are not synonyms.
jamalrapper:
The problem is deeper.
1. Scientist see Skeptics as ignorant obstructionist. This has been demonstrated in the skeptics for Climate Change. By circulating stolen research material and emails from CRU (Climategate) Skeptics have cast doubt on the science by misrepresenting the data, and understandably so, because they are not experts in the field.
None of the circulated material has changed the actual debate. It’s unfortunate that it was done, but the materials circulated were real documents. An ethical breech does not change the science. And also, the skeptics side with the consensus that AGW is happening. It’s deniers who call themselves skeptics (and in the very broadest sense of the term, yes, they are skeptical about climate change) but they are politically motivated and not science motivated. Skeptics promote science and climate scientists and skeptics are on the same side.
jamarapper
They have also affected public opinion by playing to the ignorance of the general public who do not understand complex scientific research.
Yes. The deniers have. Not the skeptical community.
jamalrapper:
In short scientist do not sympathize with skeptics and actually have a condescending attitude toward them. Especially for their lack of education and ignorance on subjects that require expertise.

Climate skeptics, yeah. But the skeptical community does not support the denialist view.
jamalrapper:
Christians look at skeptics as the proverbial doubting Thomas. Would like to win them over, but don't despise them. Like many, skeptics prematurely judge faith and religion without investing the time to study them.

Again with your assumptions. Many skeptics and atheists came out of religious communities. And hey, anecdotally, I have read four versions of the bible. So any judgment of mine has not been premature.
jamalrapper:
It really boils down to why is someone a skeptic and what do skeptics write about to help other skeptics develop knowledge on those subjects they are skeptical about.

Indeed.
jamalrapper:
I provided a list of books by skeptics and noted for the benefit of the poor readers here that many of the writers/advocates were not biologist, evolutionist or theologians. Many were philosophers, science fiction writers, mentalist, paranormal pseudoscientist etc. etc..

Name one pseudo-scientist on the list. And again, we tackle many issues of concern to us. Atheism is not a synonym for skepticism. And religion isn’t even at the top of my list. But I don’t speak for all skeptics. What we promote is in our mission statement, which is on every page. You can believe what you want to believe, but when you come in here promoting the teaching of creationism in science classrooms, you don’t have to be an atheist to figure out what’s wrong with that. Ask Ken Miller.
jamalrapper:
This is why one does not go to a skeptic site to be educated on science or religion. It is the ignorant and uninitiated who search skeptic forums for opinions that support their skepticism. If it was scientific or religious material they were looking for to improve their knowledge. There are plenty of sites for science and religion, sites they can access for expert level information.

The information is in many places. Our function is in our mission statement.
jamalrapper:
Unfortunately I am researching Skeptics and their big doubt, their reluctance to get an education in science and religion. Why are there no experts on skeptics forums who can actually filter out the garbage, correct misconceptions.

Skepticism is a method, a set of tools. It’s the promotion of a philosophy that we think is important for being able to determine what ideas have value and what that value is, and what ideas are of little or no value at all. I can’t claim the expert knowledge of a scientist, but in matters of science, there are plenty of resources that help us along. As for education, I sincerely doubt that you will find a group more determined to educate themselves in matters having to do with science. There is no reluctance there. But I can see how it serves you to believe that there is. Oh. By the way, we have had many scientists contributing both to our forum and our articles. As I mentioned earlier, MD was arguing with a biologist who is a member of SFN.
jamalrapper:
Why do the public or skeptic wannabees prefer to rely on unqualified moderators for their expertise on religious or scientific matters. A quick check of their profiles which list their qualification should correct the rationale.

Ad hominem. You do like that fallacy, don’t you? You have no idea about of my education and you don’t care.
jamalrapper:
So you see skeptics are neither highly regarded by scientist or religious denominations.

Actually, we are highly regarded by scientists. We are often their front line against attacks on science by people like you, and we actively promote science. You are just crazy wrong about that.
jamalrapper:
They need to be save from all their intangibles.

And speaking about intangibles, look at my signature.
jamalrapper:
I have enough material from this site for my research. I am exploring other Skeptic forums so as to balance any biases.

Good luck with that.
jamarapper:
Please recommend skeptic sites better than SFN so I won't have to deal with the same redundant protracted 12 step programmed responses for every new critical expression.

http://forums.randi.org/index.php

http://www.skepdic.com/refuge/getinvolved.html

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.92 seconds.