Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2012 :  13:07:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At least he solved one part of the mystery. So where are the ghosts that your investigators have turned up? Hell... I doubt that they even look for hoaxes.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2012 :  13:16:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh I looked for hoaxes. But we have talked about my investigations already. have randi fund me to investigate a haunted house for a year. lets see what we come up with. i chalenge him!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2012 :  13:19:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Storm

Oh I looked for hoaxes. But we have talked about my investigations already. have randi fund me to investigate a haunted house for a year. lets see what we come up with. i chalenge him!
Ha! So he's supposed to fund you in your effort to support your claim? Or he's somehow not legitimate? Maybe he'll fund my idea for a perpetual motion machine while he's at it.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2012 :  13:46:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yes...if he is so interested in giving the money out he can fund it. But I guess he has enough troubles now. Oh well. I wish someone else would fund it. Someone serious in the scientific community.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2012 :  13:55:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

yes...if he is so interested in giving the money out he can fund it. But I guess he has enough troubles now. Oh well. I wish someone else would fund it. Someone serious in the scientific community.
You do realize that the support for a claim is the responsibility of the person making the claim, right? Anyone can make a claim. Who has the time or money to fund research into every claim? Get your paranormal society friends to fund you. It's not Randi's job to prove you wrong. It's your job to prove that you are correct. Do it and you win the million.

That's always been the case, even though some investigations by skeptics happen. Scientists and skeptics are willing to look at the evidence. But it's not up to them to supply it for you.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2012 :  14:00:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
because they are not interested enough. It still the old ball and chain of fradulent sprititualism that holds them back. The scientific community seems to fund everything else. Things that suit them
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2012 :  14:00:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Storm. What gives. You have been on the attack for days now. You know how this stuff works. You don't need me to tell you that it's up to you to support your claims. Serious scientists are doing serious work. Demonstrate that there are ghosts, and I guarantee that scientists will be all over it trying to figure out what's happening. And you said yourself that there are paranormal scientists who do such work, so why ask Randi to do it? Are your scientists not real?

Why the bug up your ass? What's with that?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2012 :  14:27:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
no bug up my ass? One up yours? I have no scientist who investigate ghosts...only PK. Why are ghosts not serious. ya know why beacuse of the frauds and that is why my conviction is strong. Not only that Scientists still think in the old way. Ghosts= life after death. That is not my belief. If scientists could just take a step back. Plus its bullshit they do not fund convictions they do it all the time, their intersts though. this is a forum I can express my thoughts and you guys help me see things. but cut me a break.
Go to Top of Page

Machi4velli
SFN Regular

USA
854 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2012 :  17:56:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Machi4velli a Private Message  Reply with Quote

no bug up my ass? One up yours? I have no scientist who investigate ghosts...only PK. Why are ghosts not serious. ya know why beacuse of the frauds and that is why my conviction is strong. Not only that Scientists still think in the old way. Ghosts= life after death. That is not my belief. If scientists could just take a step back. Plus its bullshit they do not fund convictions they do it all the time, their intersts though. this is a forum I can express my thoughts and you guys help me see things. but cut me a break.

Previous experiments haven't generated any useful results, so we don't have a reason to expect something to come out of further research. Get some cheap preliminary results that give some reason to suspect results and they'll have a way to sell the idea to funders. Lots of useful scientific work doesn't cost much money, particularly in the preliminary stages.

Sorry to hear about Pena, and I agree Randi probably knew, and if so, that's a bad personal failing for Randi since it is a case of identity theft, which is a serious crime. But it gives no reason to doubt Randi's past or current work.

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people."
-Giordano Bruno

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge."
-Stephen Hawking

"Seeking what is true is not seeking what is desirable"
-Albert Camus
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2012 :  18:18:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
perhaps new experiments need to be done. A different approach,,not as proof of life after death but of past images replayed in the minds of sensative people. mostly past images of tragic events or high emotion. Instead of a day investigation or a couple of hours why not a year. Scientists don't want to do the research because old results have yielded no results yet the phenomena still goes on. A new way of investigating ghosts has to be explored. No cheap ghost reality shows. Real Science and Reason
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2012 :  19:26:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In order to investigate something you must first be able to demonstrate that the something is real.

You'd have to be monumentally ignorant to not grasp this simple fact.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2012 :  10:46:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't say I was monumentally ignorant. And I get the point. But thats just it ghost phenomena still continues. Reports still made. Its not something we could not replicate and then it went away. As science knows sometimes the way in which we test and investigate needs to be tweeked and changed.Science and skeptics still live in the paradigm of fraudelant mediums, touched up photos or doctored videos. Mediums still think they speak with the dead. We need a knew way of thinking, a knew way of investigating. Not the expactation that the phenomena can be called out to appear like these ridiculous ghost hunter do on t.v.
not every experience is subterrain rusty pipes or expanding wood. or grieving relatives. Actually most of your ghost reports have nothing to do with family members.They are usually associated with a tragic history. Just because we can't replicate ghostly phenomena does not mean it does not exist. Actually ghostly phenomena does replicate itself we just can't control it.
Go to Top of Page

Machi4velli
SFN Regular

USA
854 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2012 :  14:47:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Machi4velli a Private Message  Reply with Quote

perhaps new experiments need to be done. A different approach,,not as proof of life after death but of past images replayed in the minds of sensative people. mostly past images of tragic events or high emotion. Instead of a day investigation or a couple of hours why not a year. Scientists don't want to do the research because old results have yielded no results yet the phenomena still goes on. A new way of investigating ghosts has to be explored. No cheap ghost reality shows. Real Science and Reason

The problem is you're arguing the phenomenon still goes on, but you say experiments have yielded no results. How do you know there is a phenomenon? We can't build knowledge on the basis of trusting people reporting things that no one has found a shred of evidence to suggest is real.

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people."
-Giordano Bruno

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge."
-Stephen Hawking

"Seeking what is true is not seeking what is desirable"
-Albert Camus
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2012 :  18:50:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Machi4velli

The problem is you're arguing the phenomenon still goes on, but you say experiments have yielded no results. How do you know there is a phenomenon? We can't build knowledge on the basis of trusting people reporting things that no one has found a shred of evidence to suggest is real.

Brings to mind this nice little ditty.....

"The thing about claims from the internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2012 :  21:34:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Randy, please provide a link to show the authenticity of that Lincoln quote.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.35 seconds.