Skeptic Friends Network

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Religion
 Creationist textbook: "Electricity is a mystery"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2558 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2012 :  21:25:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Hat tip to Evidence of Harm (a Facebook page). I've resized these, and punched up the contrast a bit, but otherwise did not Photoshop them:


This author doesn't understand electricity, so scientists
and engineers don't either. Maybe it's of the Devil.
It's probably best you don't even think about it, kids!



Bad enough they push the Biblical myth, but then they lie even more and attribute
a silly and totally strawman idea of the moon's formation to "some scientists."


These fanatics want their kids ignorant and pliable. This is child abuse. The kids should be liberated, the perpetrators jailed.


You messed up the link. Where is this again on facebook?

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2012 :  22:36:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

You messed up the link. Where is this again on facebook?
So sorry! Here it is: http://www.facebook.com/EvidenceofHarmbyReligion

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2558 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2012 :  23:37:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I found that by search engine. I'm still trying to find the link to the actual pictures.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2012 :  23:41:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

Oh, I found that by search engine. I'm still trying to find the link to the actual pictures.
Sorry, I don't have that anymore. But you can load the images into Google and it will search for them. (Fairly new search feature.)

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2558 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  00:26:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, thanks

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  00:49:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Then, there's this (from Atheist Overdose). I have no idea what book this is from, but it's a prime example of deliberate Creationist lies, as the whole evolution of the whale is now known (PBS) in exquisite detail (Wiki), and it certainly includes no modern cows with modern whale rear-ends!. I have enhanced and re-sized this image from the incredibly and shamefully dishonest book:


Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Convinced
Skeptic Friend

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  09:01:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Convinced a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

These fanatics want their kids ignorant and pliable. This is child abuse. The kids should be liberated, the perpetrators jailed.
Possibly a little over reaction? This is not child abuse but it is stupidity.

It angers me when Christians misrepresent or promote ignorance of what science teaches on any subject. Science does not teach there was a half cow half whale animal at some point as I understand it. As Christians we need to be looking for the truth as well. Why should skeptics talk to christians about science matters if christians are not educated enough on the basic theories?

I teach my kids that they need to learn all that science has to offer. Where it contradicts the bible we can have a discussion. I don't mind if christians want to discount science where it contradicts the bible, but they should at least understand the basic principles that they are discounting.

Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. (Eph 5:15-17)
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  09:35:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Convinced

Originally posted by HalfMooner

These fanatics want their kids ignorant and pliable. This is child abuse. The kids should be liberated, the perpetrators jailed.
Possibly a little over reaction? This is not child abuse but it is stupidity.
I think it's extremely abusive to target children as victims of lies about the world they live in simply because they are malleable and trusting of authority. The "4/14 Movement" explicitly targets kids between 4 and 14 as the easiest demographic to convert to fundamentalist Christianity. Tim Tebow was such a target at age 6. Just look at Tebow today. That was enduring abuse.

It angers me when Christians misrepresent or promote ignorance of what science teaches on any subject. Science does not teach there was a half cow half whale animal at some point as I understand it. As Christians we need to be looking for the truth as well. Why should skeptics talk to christians about science matters if christians are not educated enough on the basic theories?

I teach my kids that they need to learn all that science has to offer. Where it contradicts the bible we can have a discussion.
I hope you at usually come down on the side of science.
I don't mind if christians want to discount science where it contradicts the bible, but they should at least understand the basic principles that they are discounting.
They should understand that they are rejecting reality, and should not force that unreality upon their kids.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  09:42:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Convinced

[It angers me when Christians misrepresent or promote ignorance of what science teaches on any subject. ...

... I don't mind if christians want to discount science where it contradicts the bible, but they should at least understand the basic principles that they are discounting.
You seem conflicted. Which is it anger at christian intentional misrepresentations of science or acceptance when science contradicts the bible. Science is completely indifferent to personal needs.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  09:57:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by moakley

Science is completely indifferent to personal needs.
Tell me about it. Science wouldn't loan me a dime when I was out of cigarette money. The fucker.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Convinced
Skeptic Friend

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  10:52:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Convinced a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by moakley

Originally posted by Convinced

[It angers me when Christians misrepresent or promote ignorance of what science teaches on any subject. ...

... I don't mind if christians want to discount science where it contradicts the bible, but they should at least understand the basic principles that they are discounting.
You seem conflicted. Which is it anger at christian intentional misrepresentations of science or acceptance when science contradicts the bible. Science is completely indifferent to personal needs.
When christians misrepresent science. For example, I still hear from time to time from christians that science teaches that humans came from monkeys. After they have been told that is incorrect some will keep on telling the same lie. They do not have to believe it is true, but they do have to tell the truth about what science teaches.

Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. (Eph 5:15-17)
Go to Top of Page

Convinced
Skeptic Friend

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  10:57:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Convinced a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

I think it's extremely abusive to target children as victims of lies about the world they live in simply because they are malleable and trusting of authority. The "4/14 Movement" explicitly targets kids between 4 and 14 as the easiest demographic to convert to fundamentalist Christianity. Tim Tebow was such a target at age 6. Just look at Tebow today. That was enduring abuse.
The term abuse indicates you want something/someone like the government to step in. Is that true?


Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. (Eph 5:15-17)
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2558 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  19:43:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Found another review.


>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  20:49:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Convinced

Originally posted by HalfMooner

I think it's extremely abusive to target children as victims of lies about the world they live in simply because they are malleable and trusting of authority. The "4/14 Movement" explicitly targets kids between 4 and 14 as the easiest demographic to convert to fundamentalist Christianity. Tim Tebow was such a target at age 6. Just look at Tebow today. That was enduring abuse.
The term abuse indicates you want something/someone like the government to step in. Is that true?
Speaking for myself, certainly.

Denying an education is illegal in other contexts, so why should religion be given a pass? Let's see what exposing what's going on will do, first (a little, I expect, but not enough).

Church schools should be regulated for safety (many are exempted from all regulation or oversight), basic minimum curriculum, and teacher qualifications, as should home schooling. Also, taxing church properties and incomes would do a great deal to protect kids, by taking away some of the profit motive from the whole business of lying to kids.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  20:54:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

Found another review.
Excellent, thank you!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.


Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds.
Powered by @tomic Studio
Snitz Forums 2000