Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  20:38:29  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Amaz!ng Meeting 2012 is going to happen this-coming July, and we - the staff of the SFN - feel that it is important that we have an “official” representative there.

And so it is that we ask for your help to send Kil to TAM 2012.

At the above link, you’ll find more details and a button for making a donation. We thank you for any support you can provide, over and above the thanks we offer to all our members for just being members.

[Please use this thread for comments, thanks.]

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  01:08:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, please do contribute!

Many of the photos I've used in the "Do You Know this Face?" series originally showed Kil at a TAM, posing along with the subject. Kil is Skeptic Friends Network's official representative to TAM. It would be embarrassing to us all if we didn't fund his trip fully, and he once again had to hitchhike back to LA. Pardon the Anglo-Saxon, but he's too friggin' old for that shit.

(But please resist his pleas for additional contributions to his so-called "Pascal Fund" -- that's nothing but his gambling stake, and we're trying to break him of the habit.)

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  07:15:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner
(But please resist his pleas for additional contributions to his so-called "Pascal Fund" -- that's nothing but his gambling stake, and we're trying to break him of the habit.)

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  08:40:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Please create a Dwolla account too. You can then create a "hub" page for people to go and donate. I have Dwolla money in my account that I'd be happy to donate.

https://www.dwolla.com/

This is what a Dwolla hub page looks like:
https://www.dwolla.com/hub/thorgolucky

To create a hub page, go to Dwolla "enable/disable features".
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  09:18:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

Please create a Dwolla account too. You can then create a "hub" page for people to go and donate. I have Dwolla money in my account that I'd be happy to donate.

https://www.dwolla.com/

This is what a Dwolla hub page looks like:
https://www.dwolla.com/hub/thorgolucky

To create a hub page, go to Dwolla "enable/disable features".

Okay. Not sure how this will work with the page that Dave has set up. But I suppose I can post a link here if we are unable to post a button on the page.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  09:57:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They want stuff I can't give them. I don't have a photo ID I can send them. And do they take credit cards from people who want to donate? I'm having trouble setting Dwolla up.

They want stuff I can't give them. I don't have a photo ID I can send them. Do I have to go out and copy my drivers license and send it to them? And do they take credit cards from people who want to donate? I'm having trouble setting Dwolla up.

So I called them. I was fifth in line. Then I was first. Then I got a voicemail message that asked for my question, my phone number and they will get back to me. I was in line for voicemail.

This thing is very confusing. I think you MUST have a dwolla account to move money to another dwolla account. That's the only way.

Anyhow, I guess I need to get all this stuff sorted out.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  14:11:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay. So I think Dwolla is working now, kinda. But they need to send a couple tiny deposits to my bank to see if it's linked correctly. The guy on the phone said that should take a few days. Also, I can't tell if it still wants a photo ID yet.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  19:48:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They didn't need any ID from me when I created an account. They did the same thing that PayPal did for me, deposit two tiny amounts as proof of my bank account.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  21:05:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

They didn't need any ID from me when I created an account. They did the same thing that PayPal did for me, deposit two tiny amounts as proof of my bank account.

Well... That's what the guy on the phone said. So I guess I'll watch my bank account to see what happens. If everything is okay, I'll post the linky.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  16:45:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry that it was such a hassle, Kil. I hope to make it worth your while.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2012 :  09:46:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Sorry that it was such a hassle, Kil. I hope to make it worth your while.
Thanks Thor! I'm waiting for the bank confirmation thing. So far they haven't sent the tiny deposits to verify my account.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  08:05:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welp. I guess I need to copy my drivers license and send it to them. They keep sending me notices to watch my bank account, but when I go to my dwolla account it says it can't sink with my bank until I send them a photo ID. Maybe I'll call them again. Or start over.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  08:22:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Welp. I guess I need to copy my drivers license and send it to them. They keep sending me notices to watch my bank account, but when I go to my dwolla account it says it can't sink with my bank until I send them a photo ID. Maybe I'll call them again. Or start over.
Ooopsy. I don't know why I didn't think of it but I just took a photo of my DL and uploaded it to Dwolla. So that should be it I think.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2012 :  09:53:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay. I couldn't make the hub page work. I guess it's because I don't have a minimum balance and have no intention at this time of keeping one. I dunno.

Anyhow, to access my account I think you just need to enter my email address: david_gluck@skepticfriends.org or my name. And to Dave. This Dwolla ID can be put on the donation page, for anyone using Dwolla to use. I couldn't figure out how to get a button or icon.

DWOLLA ID: 812-479-3113

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  13:27:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Donation sent via Dwolla, whee!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  13:40:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Donation sent via Dwolla, whee!
Thanks!!!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds.