New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  12:14:50  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This Stan (the "40 year atheist", riiiiight!) guy is almost as bad as a Calvinist is.

After all, look at verse 46 where biblegod is commanding people to love even those who hate one…just how is his killing of babies and pregnant women of those people who allegedly hated him then an example of this “perfect” love?
Can you show (prove) that it was not done out of love? Or do you just presume that because to you it resembles human hate, it is therefore nessarily hate in the deity also? Does non-comprehension of the motives of a deity prove that the deity does not exist? Non-existence is what Atheism asserts, and needs to be proved.

How in hell can a person who says the kind of shit quoted above call himself "pro-life"?

My reply to that stupidity is below:

Can you show (prove) that it was not done out of love?
Uh, how can baby-killing possibly be an act of love? Would you accept any woman's argument for abortion if she claimed that it was done out of "love" for her baby (to prevent a life of poverty and disease or to send it right to heaven perhaps?)

You can read the rest there. My total reply is chopped up into several posts, as his reply to my first post was also in several parts.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  19:32:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
God knows when it's good to kill. Humans don't. You can't argue with that logic.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  21:34:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

God knows when it's good to kill. Humans don't. You can't argue with that logic.
You made a religious statement, not a statement of logic.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  21:47:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe he was being sarcastic and pointing out the mindset of Stan?

If not, then I'll point out that people kill people with many of the same justifications that apologists ascribe to god (ie. William Lane Craig saying that the dead children of the Amalekites or whoever would go to heaven vs. Susan Smith killing her kids for the same reason)

I'd also like to point out that we don't know from the bible and from people like Stan, that gods' standards of morality are comparable to ours. If not, then he might kill people for reasons that we find totally stupid.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Edited by - the_ignored on 06/17/2012 21:49:04
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  22:05:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

I used the word "logic" to mean a particular method of reasoning or argument. I thought it would be clear from the context but once again I find myself explaining the obvious.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  22:17:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's true, I may have misinterpreted OffC once again.

Regardless of his point and position, however, I find the "mysterious mind of God" argument not only unpersuasive, but an active reason to be horrified about the nature of the deity being discussed. Theodicy relying on eternal and irreparable ignorance of God's intentions doesn't work for me.

Here's this super-powerful being from the heavens who make sometimes gruesome demands of us that are what we'd consider insane or criminal in a human context, and we're supposed to accept these demands because we can't know what his motivations are?

One of the best and spookiest themes in science fiction is the idea of encountering aliens who are simply incomprehensible to us. I'm reminded of the first words of HG Wells' The War of the Worlds, words that still send chills up my spine:
Yet across the gulf of space, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded our planet with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us.
We come to understand the Martians a bit in that novel, but Christians assure us we can never understand their God.

I don't believe any god exists, but if I were given proof of Yahweh's existence, I would certainly refuse to worship His inhuman, alien ass, and would probably be looking for a resistance movement to join. Better to go down fighting than to bow down as a voluntary slave.

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  23:20:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Don't be so ridiculous. You couldn't have possibly thought that through. You've made some crazy statements but that one takes the cake. I can't argue with that or your logic? I certainly can, it's not logical at all. If "humans don't" know when it's good to kill as you state, which I agree, how can any God invented by man know any better?

Many religions performed human sacrifices on behests of their Gods. That's good? Or take Allah,,,He instructs his followers in the Koran to kill ALL infidels. By definition your an infidel. You can't argue against that it would be good to kill you or that you deserve to die for being an infidel??? Try thinking for yourself sometime instead of just using your christian programing. You really should start thinking for yourself instead of parroting your theistic programming. Which is quite illogical on some important parts which you refuse to be honest about.
KORAN commands to kill infidels: (short list)
Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. - Sura 2:98
On unbelievers is the curse of Allah. - Sura 2:161
Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191
Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme. (different translation: ) Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God's entirely. - Sura 2:193 and 8:39
Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216

Get that last one?"Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it."
Muslim is a religion of peace, my ass.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  23:49:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by HalfMooner

I used the word "logic" to mean a particular method of reasoning or argument. I thought it would be clear from the context but once again I find myself explaining the obvious.
A lot of your statements, including that one, are anything but obvious. For instance, the stance that you were addressing has nothing to do with logic at all, so calling it that only introduces confusion.

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  09:51:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like he's made his reply to me as a new post.

Holy shit, this guy is off his nut! I've read only the first and the last two paragraphs and he's totally effing lost it. That second last paragraph of his is hilarious!

In my next reply I'll ask him to send any statements that he found so threatening to the nearest police station, so that I may be brought up on charges. See how far this goes.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Edited by - the_ignored on 06/18/2012 10:26:57
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  11:24:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

Holy shit, this guy is off his nut! I've read only the first and the last two paragraphs and he's totally effing lost it. That second last paragraph of his is hilarious!

In my next reply I'll ask him to send any statements that he found so threatening to the nearest police station, so that I may be brought up on charges. See how far this goes.

Thanks a lot, you know my doctor said I can only lose so many braincells per week without dying. That was long and painful.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Convinced
Skeptic Friend

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  11:36:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Convinced a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I think you are over reacting. He is just a guy that disagrees with you and has reasons for his disagreement.

And why are you judging him!

Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. (Eph 5:15-17)
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  12:21:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You haven't read what he's said, have you?

Or are you just being sarcastic?

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

Convinced
Skeptic Friend

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  13:01:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Convinced a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You haven't read what he's said, have you?

Or are you just being sarcastic?
The judging part was sarcastic. But I did read the entire post.

Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. (Eph 5:15-17)
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  14:40:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok I kind of thought so...sorry.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  18:38:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

Don't be so ridiculous. You couldn't have possibly thought that through. You've made some crazy statements but that one takes the cake. I can't argue with that or your logic? I certainly can, it's not logical at all.

I thought I already explained how I was using the word "logic". For people always talking about how the word "Theory" has various meanings you are really dense when it comes to the word "logic". Look it up.

a particular method of reasoning or argumentation: We were unable to follow his logic.

Hence someone's logic does not have to be logical.

If "humans don't" know when it's good to kill as you state, which I agree, how can any God invented by man know any better?

Another terrible argument. It relies on the person you are arguing with to agree that God was invented by man, if they did then the debate probably wouldn't have started to begin with. Now you are going down the road of proving their God does not exist rather than proving He is immoral/amoral. No wonder you guys never get anywhere during these debates.

Edited by - On fire for Christ on 06/18/2012 18:41:42
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  19:27:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

No, you can't. But you can certainly argue with the premises.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.