Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2012 :  05:54:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup. All the verbiage and argumentation style markers are there.

This is Markuse.

I am saddened that you did not get the mental health help you needed, Dennis. I urge you to start taking your medications again.

This violates the terms of your parole.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

xjust

21 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2012 :  11:22:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send xjust a Private Message  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4SmZkmLRjQ

LET ME SEE YOU STRIPPED
Go to Top of Page

xjust

21 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2012 :  21:38:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send xjust a Private Message  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x-MQ3QsRfg

FLUSH ATHEISM!
Go to Top of Page

xjust

21 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  19:03:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send xjust a Private Message  Reply with Quote
5000 whining atheists vs the Great Prophet - WE LAUGH
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2012 :  15:11:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lovely weather we're having in Oregon. You?
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2012 :  16:33:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

About 50 homes had their basements flooded by heavy downpour this week. More than three inches in 1½ hours. Could this mean the end of the world is near?

(I was safe on 4th floor condo, even the car garage is elevated compared to the immediate surrounding as my building is on a slope, so there was never any risk of flooding. My wife took her bicycle home from work just before the real downpour started. She could pour water out of her soaked backpack. I just stood there saying "why didn't you call me, I could have picked you up in the car...")

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2012 :  17:15:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Terrible flooding in Manila and environs. 60 are dead there, mostly by drowning. Here in the mountains to the north of the metropolis, not so bad, so only 4 or so killed (by landslides) nearby. A large monsoon storm cell has hovered over Metro Manila for about a week, brining Manila constant torrents of rain. The northern edge of the cell only occasionally doused Baguio. So far this typhoon season, all have missed going directly over these islands, but the outer rain bands of a couple of them have enhanced the monsoonal storms, bringing great rains.

Now, it looks like the stationary storm cell has finally moved on. But I'm a terrible prophet of weather.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 08/10/2012 17:21:25
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2012 :  17:47:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's unseasonably warm here in Santa Monica. Well... Actually for any season, 84 degrees by the beach would be considered warm.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2012 :  18:03:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

It's unseasonably warm here in Santa Monica. Well... Actually for any season, 84 degrees by the beach would be considered warm.
Are you getting a Santa Ana wind?

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2012 :  21:40:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Originally posted by Kil

No. In fact there's a lot of humidity. More of a tropical thing.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2012 :  02:30:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Originally posted by HalfMooner

Originally posted by Kil

No. In fact there's a lot of humidity. More of a tropical thing.
When/if sea surface water temps get to about 80 degree Fahrenheit in Southern Cal, you'll be seeing tropical cyclones there. That seems to be the number to watch.

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2012 :  07:15:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

Had a grat time at the 36th annual Pan Pagan Festival.

Weather was great. A few scattered rain showers that kept the temp reasonable. No one was seriously hurt (a few scrapes and one insect sting). We used some bio-degradable spray paint to mark the poison ivy and poison oak.

Great folks to be around. Really nice.

So glad I missed all this stuff when I was on vacation.

So tell me, is the Chick-Fil-A crap over with? Otherwise, I'll be offering to send people to therapy to rid themselves of this obsession.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

xjust

21 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2012 :  20:07:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send xjust a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3lwG4MytSI

one applicant right here...

get the POINT, Randi....
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2012 :  21:36:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had a pressure regulator in a closet off my home office start leaking last week. Only found out after it had probably been leaking for two days, so I had a lot of soaked carpeting. And when the clean-up crew starting pulling the carpet up, they found mold unrelated to the leak. Everyone suddenly became extremely cautious (rightfully so), and I had to wait until today for a claims adjuster to look the situation over and decide how to proceed.

After he gave the go-ahead for the clean-up crew, they removed some drywall and found that the mold was mostly confined to just the carpet tack-strip that it had been found on. Very little on the back of the baseboard and even less on the drywall behind it. Awesome news, because it means there is no persistent problem. The mold had probably been there for years, the result of a long-forgotten spill of something or the now-long-dead dog relieving himself - some mishap not dried up but accidentally left to soak through and get to spores just biding their time on the tasty wood of a tack-strip.

An hour afterwards, the old carpet was gone, along with a bunch of drywall, and 95% of the stuff that was in my office is now in piles spread around my basement. But, my insurance company came through for me, and gave me money for new carpet, replacement drywall and even paint for the whole room. They might even give me some money for the 200 or so old LP albums that got wet, their now-wrinkled covers currently taking up way too much space drying out in the main basement room. I keep meaning to burn those suckers to CDs, but can never seem to remember that I need to order a replacement $30 belt for my Swedish turntable...

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2012 :  22:47:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

I had a pressure regulator in a closet off my home office start leaking last week. Only found out after it had probably been leaking for two days, so I had a lot of soaked carpeting. And when the clean-up crew starting pulling the carpet up, they found mold unrelated to the leak. Everyone suddenly became extremely cautious (rightfully so), and I had to wait until today for a claims adjuster to look the situation over and decide how to proceed.

After he gave the go-ahead for the clean-up crew, they removed some drywall and found that the mold was mostly confined to just the carpet tack-strip that it had been found on. Very little on the back of the baseboard and even less on the drywall behind it. Awesome news, because it means there is no persistent problem. The mold had probably been there for years, the result of a long-forgotten spill of something or the now-long-dead dog relieving himself - some mishap not dried up but accidentally left to soak through and get to spores just biding their time on the tasty wood of a tack-strip.

An hour afterwards, the old carpet was gone, along with a bunch of drywall, and 95% of the stuff that was in my office is now in piles spread around my basement. But, my insurance company came through for me, and gave me money for new carpet, replacement drywall and even paint for the whole room. They might even give me some money for the 200 or so old LP albums that got wet, their now-wrinkled covers currently taking up way too much space drying out in the main basement room. I keep meaning to burn those suckers to CDs, but can never seem to remember that I need to order a replacement $30 belt for my Swedish turntable...
Yeah. Too many old LP's here too. Some of the collector items. And even more that will never make it to CD unless I do it. My problem is I don't have a turntable anymore.

Remember to exhale only when you are in the moldy room.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds.