Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2014 :  10:03:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

Mabuse, I know more about science than you probably ever will. And 10x more about communication
OFFC:

If being wrong gives you prestige then you must be the most prestigious guy in Sweden by now.

So snark is an example of knowing 10x more about communication? I've seen it before from you, many times. It seems to me that if you are going to claim superiority over Mab in science and communication skills, you should also demonstrate it by showing superiority in science and communication skills or you will be perceived by others as being the only one who thinks so. And if that's what you want, then I guess your communication skills are fine. Otherwise, it's a communication fail.

Just saying.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2014 :  19:43:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by sailingsoul

Oh yeah?! For once prove it, prove what you just stated. You haven't so far, not to anyone here. If your so much more knowledgeable about science and is 10x better at communicating it, why won't you give a proper reply to Dr. Mabuse's last post. Instead your ignoring it like you always do when you have no reply, Mr. Communition. I expect when you do that it is in your mind demonstrating your abilities. It doesn't to me.

You problem is getting your science facts from the bible which is not a good idea and bound to require null answers when discussing real science. I'm not hopeful for any change in you approach to discussions here.

If you haven't already you should consider how your talents are perfect for flying off to a third world undereducated location and convincing the uneducated locals your god's gift to enlightenment. Your wasting your time here. Come to think of it maybe you have. That would explain your reply above.

Sailingsoul post formula (regardless of topic):
contribute nothing. Check
attack religion. Check

Yaaaawn

Your reply proved nothing, good job. As usual instead of exhibiting your 10x communication skills, Mr. Communication, your resorted to ignoring direct questions you can't answer.

And another thing! As far as anything in my post attacking religion, I disparaged you getting your science facts from the bible. As the good Doctor stated about your complete misreading of his posts I too can say, You obviously have a reading comprehension problem, if this is your conclusion of what I wrote. I attacked no religion as "The Bible" is NOT a religion, numbnuts. Of those being out of touch with reality on this forum you are only surpassed by Dennis Mabus.

Happy Valentine's Day!

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Edited by - sailingsoul on 02/16/2014 04:37:28
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2014 :  19:59:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Some other answers, including:
If Jesus came from God, then why would there still be a God?

This one is quite a nice little nugget.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2014 :  22:52:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

So snark is an example of knowing 10x more about communication? I've seen it before from you, many times. It seems to me that if you are going to claim superiority over Mab in science and communication skills, you should also demonstrate it by showing superiority in science and communication skills or you will be perceived by others as being the only one who thinks so. And if that's what you want, then I guess your communication skills are fine. Otherwise, it's a communication fail.

Just saying.
Seems to me that OFfC has just gone back into Trolling Mode, if he ever really left it. And he's obviously just phoning it in, too. His yawn was just projection.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2014 :  04:07:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally posted by Kil

Just saying.
Seems to me that OFfC has just gone back into Trolling Mode, if he ever really left it. And he's obviously just phoning it in, too. His yawn was just projection.

If I'm a troll then so are 90% of your members Dave. The only difference is that I'm not ideologically in your corner so you don't tolerate me as much. As far as being "back into trolling mode", I fail to see any difference in my style over the 10+ years of being here. Maybe you have just become older and more cranky?

Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2014 :  04:14:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Oh yeah?! For once prove it, prove what you just stated. You haven't so far, not to anyone here. If your so much more knowledgeable about science and is 10x better at communicating it, why won't you give a proper reply to Dr. Mabuse's last post. Instead your ignoring it like you always do when you have no reply, Mr. Communition [sic]. I expect when you do that it is in your mind demonstrating your abilities. It doesn't to me.

It's a bit hard to prove you know more about science when you're talking to people who also know less about science. As for communication what would you propose? If you come up with a feasible test, we can continue, until then stop being silly and challenging people to things that can't be proven in the medium of an internet forum.

Also I nominate you for worst communicator of skepticism.

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2014 :  04:39:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
O.K.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2014 :  05:16:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Of those being out of touch with reality on this forum you are only surpassed by Dennis Mabus.
Actually, second prize goes to member verlch, a misogynistic YEC theist hooked on conspiracies, with no concept of science at all. Dave even made an extensive list of various unevidenced claims verlch made but never bothered to support.

On Fire for Christ do have moments of clarity in which he can see the light of reason. I really like those moments when it looks like he's getting the hang on things.

But also every now and then I get the impression that he's been to some Bible-study or similar Bible-is-awesome-but-science-is-bunk seminar, and then returns here to parrot the science-is-bunk part believing he's stumbled upon some radical truth the rest of us are not privy to. Seemingly energized, full of Holy Spirit. Those times I feel a twinge of despair.
The chromosome count episode is one of those moments.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2014 :  07:04:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

If I'm a troll then so are 90% of your members Dave. The only difference is that I'm not ideologically in your corner so you don't tolerate me as much.
No, the difference is that others here are willing to support their contentious statements, address evidence and answer questions.
As far as being "back into trolling mode", I fail to see any difference in my style over the 10+ years of being here.
Hence my "if he ever left it" clause. I thought I saw a hint of substantiality on your part in your chromosome 2 thread, but I guess I was wrong to hope for a serious discussion from you.
Maybe you have just become older and more cranky?
No, my youthful idealism just made me expect too much from you. It won't happen again.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2014 :  13:36:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By all means, show me your superiority by answering the 22 questions yourself. Or better yet, use my post and show us where I was wrong.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2014 :  14:01:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This afternoon I went swimming. I try to do that at least once a week, to get exercize. While there, my thoughts can wonder all over the place, and today I had an epiphany.

Mabuse, I know more about science than you probably ever will. And 10x more about communication

I finally got it! It's sarcasm. Self-reflective, and admitting that his knowledge of science really isn't that good. That's why On fire for Christ will never stand up to the challence of answering those 22 questions.

It feels like I have a Temperence Brennan-moment (you know, from "Bones").

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.