Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 4

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2004 :  00:14:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
I predict one of the Bush twins will get in some kind of trouble, possibly drunk driving.

Sorry Beskeptigal, but that may be one of the worst predictions I've heard, at least the possibly drunk driving part. The president doesn't drive, he has people to do that for him. I've also heard that the president hasn't touched alcohol since he entered the White House (not sure about the accuracy of that though).

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2004 :  00:18:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Psst! Ricky! She's talking about Bush's daughters.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2004 :  01:19:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ricky

quote:
I predict one of the Bush twins will get in some kind of trouble, possibly drunk driving.

Sorry Beskeptigal, but that may be one of the worst predictions I've heard, at least the possibly drunk driving part. The president doesn't drive, he has people to do that for him. I've also heard that the president hasn't touched alcohol since he entered the White House (not sure about the accuracy of that though).

I think that the prediction is a distinct possibility. Further, I'd not be suprised to hear of another Bush drug bust.

I think Dubya is still drinking, perhaps heavily. Every once in a while he is photographed without makeup, and his face glows with broken capillaries. I think that the pretzle incident was alcohol related. What he described has happened to me, and between violent coughs I felt it coming and had ample time to lay back in the chair before fading out.

Either that, or Pickles got sick of his cheap shit and gave his sorry ass a good whuppin'.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2004 :  06:40:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message
Hey plyss I hate to burst your prediction but the Pope is already dead. He just does not know it. One time I saw the Pope giving mass and in the next second he was vomitting to the side. Sometimes it is nice to go out with dignity.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2004 :  10:04:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Here's one: the price of oil will go to over $50.00 a barrel and stay there.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2004 :  10:14:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Ahhh, sorry Beskeptigal, I completely missed that word "twins"

Not a bad prediction.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Edited by - Ricky on 12/19/2004 10:16:37
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  02:28:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
I predict that Bush will loose interest with Iraq and will try to direct the countrys attention to some other evil.
N Korea, Iran, Massachusett or ACLU.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  08:31:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
While I know that there will be a series of articles on "false memory syndrome" on this site in 2005, I predict that there will be fire breathing skeptics who would like nothing better than to take us to task for having the gall to take issue with the current skeptical view. I also predict that I will be offering more teasers on the subject...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  09:23:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
1) There will be an earthquake of devistating power, somewhere in the 7.0-8.0 range.
2) China will see massive flooding in the southern regions.
3) 2005 will be among the three hottest years ever recorded.
4) North Korea will attempt to bypass US restrictions and try to develop a US-free Asia-trade group, in a vain attempt at legitimacy.
5) There will be a partial collapse of the Alaskan highway system, a permafrost melthole to be exact.
6) Martha Stewart will be released early.
7) Bush will try to make a plan for fixing the deficit, when in fact his plan will be shot down, by republicans.
8) The Detroit Pistons will repeat as NBA champions.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Wendy
SFN Regular

USA
614 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  09:28:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Wendy a Yahoo! Message Send Wendy a Private Message
Ricky Williams will die of a drug overdose, and Don Shula will return as Head Coach for the Dolphins.

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do on a rainy afternoon.
-- Susan Ertz
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  10:20:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Okay, folks. It didn't work last year, but I'm hoping for a better turnout this year. Better than zero shouldn't be too difficult, should it?

Make some predictions for what will happen in 2005. The "glaringly obvious prediction" joke has been done to death, so please avoid it (for example, "stocks will rise and fall"). Also, no predictions about yourselves ("I will get cancer"), and especially none which you can bring to life ("I will die horribly").

There is, actually, a serious reason for doing this. If we can develop a better long-term track record for predicting the future than the "professional" psychics, too bad for them. Please keep that in mind if you post.

And so, I predict that in 2005, an entirely new kind of human infection by a micro-organism will make the national news, much like "flesh-eating bacteria" ate their way into the public mind not so long ago. And no, I'm not talking about "bird flu," since it's already made the news.

Sylvia Browne will not submit for testing

The Bush administration will continue on it's path of arrogance

Congress will not fix Social Security

Rhenquist will no longer be a Supreme Court Justice

The roles of terrorists will grow at an alarming rate spurred on by the arrogance of the administration

Republicans will continue to demonize Democrats

Ashcroft's replacement will continue to abuse the Patroit Act

Alberto Gonzalez will not be confirmed as Attourney General

Rumsfeld will continue as Defense Department Secretary

More servicemen will die in Iraq

The Gaza strip will be rocked by suicide bombers

Osama Bin Laden will remain on the lam

Global warming will continue to worsen

Artifacts of life will be found on Mars

verlch will continue to make unsupported allegations

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  11:01:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Id like to get some clarification on that second to last one Dancer.
quote:

Now would you happen to mean something like 'more evidence' or 'solid data confirming life' because Artifacts are generally considered man made objects of some type (Aliens in this case) or this: An inaccurate observation, effect, or result, especially one resulting from the technology used in scientific investigation or from experimental error: The apparent pattern in the data was an artifact of the collection method.

Now if its that second one you would be predicting that the evidence we have already collected on mars life will be falsified as bad data collecting.

So as you can see you've predicted both alien life at some point on mars and no life on mars. Ive never seen a career psychic pull one off quite so well, you should go pro.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Edited by - BigPapaSmurf on 12/20/2004 11:02:41
Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  11:12:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message
As already mentioned, the dollar will keep falling and the Euro will keep rising.

Fundamentalist islamism across the world will continue to rise in 2005.

So will fundamentalist christianity in the US and extreme right in Europe.

Despite some attempts of the USA to restore relationships with the EU, overall anti-Americanism in the EU will continue to rise.

The case for a human cause to global warming will continue to strenghten, but this will continue to be ignored by politics in general.

The Netherlands will see some recovery from present economic hardship.

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  11:26:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

Id like to get some clarification on that second to last one Dancer.
quote:

Now would you happen to mean something like 'more evidence' or 'solid data confirming life' because Artifacts are generally considered man made objects of some type (Aliens in this case) or this: An inaccurate observation, effect, or result, especially one resulting from the technology used in scientific investigation or from experimental error: The apparent pattern in the data was an artifact of the collection method.

Now if its that second one you would be predicting that the evidence we have already collected on mars life will be falsified as bad data collecting.

So as you can see you've predicted both alien life at some point on mars and no life on mars. Ive never seen a career psychic pull one off quite so well, you should go pro.

Ok. In this regard, I meant artifacts of life as being fossilized evidence of simple animals or very small plants. Or dead primordial bacterium. I do not believe that a currently living primordial life form will be found with this mission. It may exist in the subsurface water stores which may still exist. (Hey, this is blatant speculation but based on the evidence so far gleaned from the current set of Mars rovers)

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

satans_mom
Skeptic Friend

USA
148 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  12:04:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send satans_mom an AOL message  Send satans_mom a Yahoo! Message Send satans_mom a Private Message
I think that the mainstream news programs will suffer because of more exposure to the fallacies they report, and the "half-stories."

Fast food and inadequate nutrition will receive more attention, and fast food companies will change their menus to offer more nutritional foods than ever before.

Another country will get involved with the Iraqi war, be it for the better or worse of the US.

Somebody in the Bush administration will either be assassinated or have a near-death experience.

MTV and FOX will collaborate. Nickelodean will become the next Disney.

Yo mama's so fat, she's on both sides of the family.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds.