Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  08:55:13  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
The 5th Amaz!ng Meeting is going to happen in January, 2007, and we - the staff of the SFN - feel that it is important that we have an "official" representative there.

And so it is that we ask for your help to send Kil to TAM5.

At the above link, you'll find more details and a button for making a donation. We thank you for any support you can provide, over and above the thanks we offer to all our members for just being members.

[Please use this thread for comments, thanks.]

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  08:42:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
My heartfelt thanks goes out to those of you who have already donated to get me to TAM 5.

We got off to a great start but we still have a ways to go and any amount donated gets us closer to our goal. I only have until mid November to take advantage of the $50 dollar discount for early registration. I know that seems like plenty of time, but it would be really cool if we could wrap that part up early. After that comes the traveling and lodging expenses which I will need by mid January.

Again, any amount that you can spare that will allow me to represent your SFN at TAM 5 would be greatly appreciated…

Thanks again,

Kil

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  08:49:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
We will, it goes without saying, expect a minutely detailed report on every minute of it. Minutely detailed, that is, not detailed minutely.....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 10/05/2006 08:51:26
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  08:56:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

We will, it goes without saying, expect a minutely detailed report on every minute of it. Minutely detailed, that is, not detailed minutely.....

Goes without saying...

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  19:01:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Just to let everyone know, we are now more than 2/3rds of the way to our goal for sending Kil to TAM5!

Thanks again to everyone who's donated so far!

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  21:56:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
An update: we're about 80% of the way to our goal, but we've been stalled there for a couple of weeks now.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  19:37:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
So close and yet so far. Wouldn't that make a great song?

@

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2006 :  20:51:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Okay, somewhat more than a month left, and we're still mostly stalled. Just 27 people donating $5 each would do it for us.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2006 :  21:42:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Can't we send him just one way, and save?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  00:32:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  20:29:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  23:49:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kil

quote:

You know, that approach was briefly considered when America's moon program was first being planned. Good thing they came up with the idea of faking the moon landing in Hollywood, eh? (Hey! Have we investigated just having Kil fake going to Tam5? I could write up some fake reports for him to post -- that's my forte. Or is he going to fake it on his own, and keep our Big Bucks?)

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  12:20:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message
quote:
You know, that approach was briefly considered when America's moon program was first being planned. Good thing they came up with the idea of faking the moon landing in Hollywood, eh? (Hey! Have we investigated just having Kil fake going to Tam5? I could write up some fake reports for him to post -- that's my forte. Or is he going to fake it on his own, and keep our Big Bucks?)
We'll send you some pictures of Kil so you can go to TAM5, and photoshop Kil into some of their pics. I am certain Kil is fully capable of making up his own adventures....
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  02:07:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message

Merry Christmas, Kil!

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  04:18:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
See you there and BTW, I feel you'll be a friend among strangers to me. That includes anyone you bring so if your wife makes it, she'll be my friend whether she wants to be or not.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  08:06:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

See you there and BTW, I feel you'll be a friend among strangers to me. That includes anyone you bring so if your wife makes it, she'll be my friend whether she wants to be or not.

I know what you mean. I did feel a bit like an outsider at TAM last year, but the event was so cool it hardly mattered. (At least you have lots of posts on the JREF forum. I didn't know any of those people.) Michelle will be there (though she is technically not my wife.) So will Boron10 and his girlfriend. The more of us the merrier!!!!

Hey, I don't want to be the only one displaying our colors!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.