New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ferhad

Iran
17 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  09:29:02  Show Profile Send ferhad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the old story books, they told us that there is a Dragon with seven heads. Each head had a mouth full of the fire and ate every thing that is near him. I am a
skeptic man , but, I haven't doubt. This dragon is not psoriasis, because, it has some processes and for each of these processes peoples had been suffered from it had told us therapeutics methods. We have lost these methods in vicissitudes of time, such as:
1- 60 years ago for installing wood under the rail way, they sleepered ( tie) the woods and put out creosote and tar.This tar is suitable for curing the skin problem. But now, we aren't using wood for this reason and this tar is unavailable.Instead of it, we get tar from nephta based on Chemical Alkyl.
It has risk for skin. But, millions of people are using shampoo from this tar for taking bath.
2- Psoriassis has some processes that one of them is hand eczema . the process makes a hole in inferior layers in the skin. Only, parmanganate can pass there. Unfotunatelly , this drug is not available today.
3- many industrial materials and plants are allergen for us, but, we haven't any tools to protect from it. THANKS , FERHAD

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  09:33:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite color is blue.
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  10:01:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uh?

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  10:11:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What did your dermatologist recommend?

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Paulos23
Skeptic Friend

USA
446 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  10:42:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Paulos23's Homepage Send Paulos23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ummm, I am going to take a shot here and say he is trying to compare our modern industral socity to a hungry seven headed dragon (in the bible this is the symbol of the antichrist) and that some things that were used in the past are not used today.

In point one I have no idea what kind of tar he is refering to.

In point two I think he is refering to Psoriasis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psoriasis) and Potassium Permanganate which is used on fish to control external infections. How Potassium Permanganate is suppose to cure Psoriasis I have no idea.

Point three I have no idea how that ties into his origial claim.

You can go wrong by being too skeptical as readily as by being too trusting. -- Robert A. Heinlein

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  11:04:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulos23
In point one I have no idea what kind of tar he is refering to.

Coal tar creosote.

quote:
Coal tar creosote is a thick, oily liquid typically amber to black in color. Coal tar and coal tar pitch are usually thick, black, or dark-brown liquids or semi-solids, with a smoky odor.

Coal tar products are used in medicines to treat skin diseases such as psoriasis, and also as animal and bird repellents, insecticides, animal dips, and fungicides. Coal tar creosote is the most widely used wood preservative in the United States. Virtually all wooden railroad ties and telephone poles in use are treated with creosote to retard rotting. Coal tar, coal tar pitch (pitch), and coal tar pitch volatiles are used for roofing, aluminum smelting, and coking.

But under health effects, no mention is made of creosote's "healing" properties:
quote:
Brief direct contact with large amounts of coal tar creosote may result in a rash or severe irritation of the skin, chemical burns of the surfaces of the eyes, convulsions and mental confusion, kidney or liver problems, unconsciousness, and even death. Longer direct skin contact with low levels of creosote mixtures or their vapors can result in increased light sensitivity, damage to the cornea, and skin damage. Longer exposure to creosote vapors can cause irritation of the respiratory tract.

Long-term exposure to low levels of creosote, especially direct contact with the skin during wood treatment or manufacture of coal tar creosote-treated products has resulted in skin cancer and cancer of the scrotum. Cancer of the scrotum in chimney sweeps has been associated with long-term skin exposure to soot and coal tar creosotes. Animal studies have also shown skin cancer from skin exposure to coal tar products.

The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has determined that coal tar is carcinogenic to humans and that creosote is probably carcinogenic to humans. The EPA has determined that coal tar creosote is a probable human carcinogen.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 03/11/2007 11:12:24
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  11:12:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Point one seems to be that the tar that's useful for treating psoriasis is the same tar that's used for preserving wood, and since tar-covered railroad ties aren't used anymore, that tar is unavailable. It seems to me that both premises are false.

Point two attempts to claim that "hand eczema" is (or is caused by) psoriasis, which is false. It also attempts to claim that permanganate is the only drug that can pass through the skin of the hand, and that permanganate is unavailable, both of which are false.

Point three is an attempt to link psoriasis to "allergens" that we don't have any defenses against. An idea without merit.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Vegeta
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  13:43:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vegeta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
troll

What are you looking at? Haven't you ever seen a pink shirt before?

"I was asked if I would do a similar sketch but focusing on the shortcomings of Islam rather than Christianity. I said, 'No, no I wouldn't. I may be an atheist but I'm not stupid.'" - Steward Lee
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  15:11:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vegeta

troll
Nah. Look at his hobbies.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

ferhad

Iran
17 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  01:48:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ferhad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi - dear folks'

my name is ferhad -I sent dragon article -how ever . tar is two kinds 1- we put out from

wood . 60 years ago rail way company union paciefic for instlling the railway used wood

under the it . before installing they put woods in vacum room and put out the air and

plants materials put out this materials we say creosote and tar after this action for

prevention from rottenness they sent industerial oil (mazoat or raw naphta) to vacum

room . to day an other thing we are installing under the rail way and wood tar is unavaible

to day but 60 years ago doctors recommended tar for psoriasis 2- to day we are

supplying this tar from naphta mine (well- pit ) I know this tar are using for psoriasis

treatment and avaible but I am telling this tar is dirfferent from wood tar and is not

suitable for skin --my dear friend asked me about the eczema - according the dermatology

book edition in london 1983 that show the photo from it hyperkeratotic skin in the palm

of hand is eczema ,but site .epismooth.com dear mel sinclair wrote if sublime cells in

skin become demolish is eczema -other question about parmanganat. Iam searching

all psoriasis and eczema sites and know all clinics and pharmacy that have not parmang

anat in his store but 60 years ago peoples had used it if we revision in knowledge would be good better than . thanks ferhad
Go to Top of Page

ferhad

Iran
17 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  02:30:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ferhad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
list of allergen plants
1- chenopodium album
english- black-weed ,white goose foot ,lamb s quarters
scientific - chenopodium album ,l ,chpaganum reichb
france - poule grasse-chenpode blance arabi- fasalclab
a grasse with one year life and in some contirous making flour from seed for eat
2- chenopodium murale .
english -nettle leaved goose -wall goose- foot
scientific- chenopodium murale ,l france pattedoievraie
italy- zampa d oca
a grasse with green and yellowish leaf and coverd with flour dusty white color
3- atriplex family - such as - a- semibaccata R.br (this plant growthing in south of california
A.argentea nutte (growthing center of u s and mexico )Abracteosa wats (growthing north of u s and nevada and sakramento ) A. canescens nutt ( growthing california -kanzas-texas )
A .lentiformis wats (growthing in warm weather) A . hortensis ( growth in warm weather )
4- allergen geraniums - various kinds can cause (hay fever ) allergic rhinits with spraying
pollen from, this plants this problem appears in spring and autumn
A - festuca pratensis huds and festuca . rubra B - p. trivialis.l and p. compressa . l. poa . annva.l C - dactylis glomerata .l D - kinds of ( agropyrum) can cause allergy such as
1- repens beauv 2- A. smithii Rydl ( growth in minnesot- missury - canada - texas )
E- kinds of wheat 1- T . vulgarevill. 2- triticum sativum lank F- kinds of barely 1- hordeum
jubatum l. (growthing various places in u s ) 2- H . murinum . l ( growthing great ocean banks - idaho - south of uta -new mexico -california ) G - kinds of the lolium 1-l. italicum A .br 2- perenne .l 3- multiforum . lam J- temulentum .l K- kind of avena 1- A.fatula.l 2- -
A.sativa.l L holchus lanatus .l M - koeleria cristata .l pers N- phleum pratense.l O-agrostis stolonifera.l P- cynodon dactylon pers Q- anthoxanthum odoratum .l R- melinis minutiflora
breauv S- digitaria sanguinalis .l scop T- sorghum halepensis l U- zeamays.l
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  05:23:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shoots self!

I think he's selling snake oil recovered from old railway logs or something.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  10:55:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ferhad
60 years ago peoples had used it if we revision in knowledge would be good better than . thanks ferhad
Ferhad, maybe they stopped using coal tar because it wasn't an effective treatment. Don't assume something worked just because people used it 60 years ago.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  12:20:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BPS said:
quote:
I think he's selling snake oil recovered from old railway logs or something.

I'm not sure he is trying to sell anything.

There does appear to be a language barrier. Perhaps he is using some web based text translator?

And ferhad, I'll second H. Humbert's advice. Don't think that people would abandon an effective treatment for psoriasis.

I'm not sure what your point bout allergies is either.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

ferhad

Iran
17 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  00:36:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ferhad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These subjects are from –glossary of industrial productions –published by London pharmacy association this book discusses only about the supplying of the industrial products not material's allergen properties.
Toilet and hygienic part: A- materials are used for making the face powder is 1- kaolin %20-25 2- zno%5-30 3-rice starch %5-15 4- mangesium carbonate %5-10 5-sulfate barium %5-15 6-plaster %10-30 7- magnesium starat %1-5 8-talc powder %10-20 9- bismuth sub nitrate %50-20
B- rouge- 1- talc powder %45 2-smokoalin %45 3- titanium dioxide %10 Other rouge 1-carmin powder 4 gram 2- talc 84 gram 3- other 7 gram Liquid rouge 1-carmine 2- ammoniac 3- rose water C- eye brow pencil 1- china ink powder 100gram 2- glycerin and starch100 Gram 3- hammamelis water 100 gram 4- other - rose water E- lip rouge 1- white wax 70 gram 2- blanc de balain (spermasti) 10gram 3- liquid paraffin 2 gram 4- carmine color
F- cold cream wax – almond oil - rose water – borax – H- cream for massage wax-paraffin – Vaseline – borax G- moisturizing lotion bismute subnitrate –glycerin – rose water – almond oil I- sun milk liquid milk –lanolin – lime juice –borax – benzoin
This materials are allergen for skin near the eczema and psoriasis person : dairy product
milk – rose water – alcohol- soft paraffin –foam agent- detergent- Zno (zinc oxide )- ink
pine oil- oral bicarbonate sodium – baking powder (had made from bicarbonate sodium)
cement – paper – oak bark – solutes – nephta solutes –mustard – bleach – tar shampoo –
coal tar shampoo -

Go to Top of Page

ferhad

Iran
17 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  00:38:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ferhad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to this theraputics method, Pesoriasis are descripted as follow (personal experience):
If our body becomes instigate with behaviour and feeling factors, such as fearing from interrogation – examination – loosing the son and so on, and when these factors are accompanied with person during long time, blood can not control all the material property. Therefore, it looses some of these materials and changes them with other ones .Because, there are nearly about 20 to 30 materials in blood which each part can use them with other parts after doing chain mark recommends, sending message and recognizing. In eczema and psoriasis, problem is existed in the liver and the rectum receives it`s necessary materials with sending message to the liver .But, according to the behavior and feeling problems and the changing weather situation and coming the hurricane and diet foods that heat the rectum, the liver can not receive these messages during long time. So, after passing long time, small tumour appear within the rectum and large intestine. Also, the forehead sweat is interrupted and the temperature of body is spread to all over the body. This period will be continued for long time. because, the materials, passing from the wounded rectum, are hot and allergen for body. So, this problem will cause infections within the blood, because blood is getting have tendency to change it`s duty to disobedience. Using the cold nature plants and passing them from rectum will make opportunity to liver to go out from closed poison medium.
1-.Diet foods – ( cow, fish, hen meat) – toasted foods – egg – spices – pickles – foods with hot nature , such as ( brin jal, raw tomato, hog and pig meat) – candy cream – chocolate – sweet bread – soft and hard drinks( alcohol and pepsi ) – martadella – solid vegetable ghee ( oil ) – rose water.
3- Eatable foods : boiled sheep meat ( potage ) – fruits – fresh greens – three spoons lime ( lemon )juice every day – sour grapes drinks one time a day – pea .Green tea -dried or fresh these fruits such as plume – Mirabella – Plum – Water melon .liquid oil in cooking
Part two :More about eczema
Back in 50 years ago, there were no known drugs such as antibiotics –steroids (cortisone) –parasitoids –antimetabolite- and aloes well at least these drugs where not available at any pharmacists and market places. These drugs have a bitter effect towards the effected area, and increasing the risk of cancer. The drugs should be used ONCE every six months with a period of 10-15 days, using them continuously is bad for the health due to certain future chemical reactions.
Before the birth of these drugs, people in the world used natural resources to cure their eczema case, such as animal raw fat oils and as well as natural plants.
As a moisturizer we discovered lamb oil is the best, the oil is obtained from the coccyx fatty area from a 6-7 month old yang baby lamb, the raw fat contains lanolin, to prepare the usage oil you must cook the fat and the meat until the fat has fried the meat toasted, removing the meat and letting the oil cool down. Then rubbing the oil through a period of at least 4 month 3-5 time a day on a daily basis it will help in moisturizing and decreasing the inflammation, which through out several experiments bringing promising and positive results on the infected area.
Eczema also reacts towards lamb oil therefore using permanganate will help in decreasing the reactions caused by the oil and the infected area. To prepare the mixture, place one table spoon permanganate powder into a 60 milliliter sterile bottle and mixed with cooled boiled water. Fill deep wounds with topical ointments such as; Triamcinolone "N.N", Clobetasol 0.05%, and Betamethasone 0.1%. And then pad liquid permanganate with some cotton using a sterile object.
After one month using the lamb oil and deep fissures become cur in continuation
I used mixed %50 glycerin and %50 lime juice or %70 glycerin %30 lime juice One time a day before sleep at night . fill deep wounds with topical corticosteroid Ointment such as clobetazole or betamethasone with match wood and than pad mixed glycerin with some cotton using a sterile object cover with cotton cloth or wide glove or wide sock after 10-15 days you can pad 2-3 time a day with out using sterile object because in first some fissures we can not see and padding will be painful but after 10-15 days all wounds will close and pad will be easy. In the day use Vaseline or lamb oil on the wound. for eczema and psoriasis cure is Necessary continue this period during (1-2) month.
Eosinphil :in the blood test is %2/5 near normal person
Eosinphila :blood is eager become dark and black color going to %10 -%12
Mast cell :a kind of cell that have in under line eosinphil . mast cell is extreme in the Skin order to start appearing the psoriasis because when in the skin eosinphil gowth Up to %10-%12 mast cell become active and chaping the skin .
Body immune system :increasing the white globule including body fever to 38-39 grad Against microbe or bacteria in skin discussion to white globule says ( t – cell) but in Psoriasis is not 38 -39 grade fever
China language :a kind of language which is easy from English language because I do not know china language. If I had taken mistake, please apologize me. Thanks a lot.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds.