Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  16:03:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawks

Do you really have to ban him. He is SO funny. I mean, take this quote:
quote:
THEY SHOULD BE PARALLEL BECAUSE OF THE ENORMOUS DISTANCE OF THE SUN...

Almost made me fall out of my chair, that one.

Hee-Ha! I missed that one. That's a quoteable quote, that one.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  18:41:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, the guy's an idiot. He's drawn straight lines over the curved lines of the planet's shadow upon the ring plane. "Projecting" such meaningless lines back toward the sun is the height of stupidity.

Banning or not banning him is fine by me. Even the court jester must follow the court's customs to some degree, at least now and then. Most of us have learned how much we can get away with in violating the rules carefully on occasion. I guess bigbrain never has.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  19:04:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Well, the guy's an idiot. He's drawn straight lines over the curved lines of the planet's shadow upon the ring plane. "Projecting" such meaningless lines back toward the sun is the height of stupidity.

Yep, and then to gloat over it all as he does. What a riot!

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  21:37:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

Bigbrain, me ol' sport! Yer back! Excellent! It's excellent 'cause I have an elasmobranch that'll knock yer socks off:

Unknown elasmobranch(s)

Filthy, I found the Onion link that (weirdly) came to mind....

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/new_bill_would_defend_marriage

-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  05:13:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

There's funny, and then there's really, really annoying. It's quite obvious that not everyone who says things as ridiculous as bigbrain has been banned. We have all sorts of "entertainment" without needing to let those who flagrantly violate our forum rules stick around.

Oh, but let's keep him this time. He's just so much irrational fun! Rather like verlch on crank, and really, if he irritates someone, well, no one is forcing anyone to pay him heed.

Hey double b, here's a question from the days of yore: if the various moon & Mars landings, and the multitude probes were all faked, to what end was it done? Thats a lot of time and money represented and more importantly, it's a lot of people as well. How come theres not been a single whistle-blower for lo, these many years?

I think it was Mark Twain who said: "Two people can keep a secret but only if one of them is dead."

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  05:31:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Randy

quote:
Originally posted by filthy

Bigbrain, me ol' sport! Yer back! Excellent! It's excellent 'cause I have an elasmobranch that'll knock yer socks off:

Unknown elasmobranch(s)

Filthy, I found the Onion link that (weirdly) came to mind....

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/new_bill_would_defend_marriage

quote:
Bill S-691, also known as The Protection Of Marital Extremities Act, was co-sponsored by Mel Martinez (R–FL), who said that, as a devoted husband, he would not want his own 25-year marriage to be split to pieces by a shark, and hinted that opponents of the bill were in fact aiding the fish in their "murderous ways."

"Liberals and Democrats would have you believe that sharks pose no threat to married couples," Martinez said. "They tell us that sharks should just be left alone to mind their own business, and they won't do anyone any harm. But we say it's time for those of us with backbone to stand up for what we believe in—before that backbone is torn violently from our torsos by these soulless, underwater killers."

I remember that one! Pretty good!

And you might suspect that it is something a remote diagnosis expert would come up with.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  01:31:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sock Puppet:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by R.Wreck

This reminds me, bigballs, you never have answered the question:

"Are there or are there not man-made satellites in Earth orbit?"

Well, how about it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is out of topic, you are a troll.

Actually brokebrain, it is 100% on topic. The topic being, as in every thread you (or one of your many puppets) start, your complete and utter lack of knowledge of astronomy, photography, physics, and space propulsion (the list is probably much longer, but I don't have all day here).

So, how about those satellites?

You are the planet's biggest buffoon. You are Buffoonis Maximus.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

Einstein.2
SockPuppet

1 Post

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  13:10:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Einstein.2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have done this drawing with correct proportions:

With an angle of 18° the sun would have a diameter of 465,000,000 km

Use AutoCAD and verify.

The sun, instead, has a diameter of 1,400,000 km

Please, moderators, stop logging out me. I'm behaving politely.

Thank you for the attention.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  13:49:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Einstein.2

Please, moderators, stop logging out me. I'm behaving politely.
You were BANNED from participation here on January 13th, 2006. You aren't allowed to post here.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  19:01:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I happened to see a Discovery-channel show tonight about Cassini, which included this image or one damn close to it. The shadow lines are so "wrong" that they've merged into one!

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  04:25:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

I happened to see a Discovery-channel show tonight about Cassini, which included this image or one damn close to it. The shadow lines are so "wrong" that they've merged into one!

NASA's gonna have to fire some of its artists. The quality of the fakery in recent years has really declined.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 03/25/2007 04:36:33
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  14:07:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So what about these images? Are they wrong too?

Nasa Tricksters Leave Bottle Cap on Fake Saturn

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 03/27/2007 14:08:05
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  14:28:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pleco

So what about these images? Are they wrong too?

Nasa Tricksters Leave Bottle Cap on Fake Saturn

From the article:
quote:
An odd, six-sided, honeycomb-shaped feature circling the entire north pole of Saturn has captured the interest of scientists with NASA's Cassini mission.

There is only one creature that could possibly be responsible for this odd, six-sided, honeycomb-shaped feature on Saturn: Space Wasps.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 03/27/2007 14:28:38
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  14:31:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Honeycomb's big, yeah yeah yeah.

It's not small, no no no.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 03/27/2007 14:32:18
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  15:29:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now NASA's just rubbing it in our faces. They're all like, "Screw those assholes, they'll believe anything." Instead of Disney doing the animation for them, they've now hired Hanna-Barbera. And we skeptics are all like, "We'll ban anyone who exposes our Atheist Space Religion!"

New NASA image of Venus' south pole.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 03/27/2007 21:14:55
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.