Endless War: .....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  17:25:34  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
....G. War's Vision realized. YO! Here's a bit from the CNN web site which shows us what vision our fuhrer had in March 2003:

Iraq exit could spell disaster, experts warn
With the debate heating up over the withdrawal of U.S. forces in Iraq, CNN analysts and other observers warn of the potential consequences of leaving too soon: an international terror hub for al Qaeda, extreme sectarian violence and the potential for a larger regional conflict that draws in Saudi Arabia, Iran and others.

OY: Sounds like Karl Rove talking points routed through the Pentagon. I think the people of the region should be the ones fighting and dying over the oil and the religions, not young, less-privileged people from the USA who are under arms, supposedly, to insure an Iraqi democracy: something the Mid East warlords wouldn't recognize if it bit them on the ass.

OY!

"The modern conservative...is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy. That is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

The neo-cons have gotten welfare for themselves down to a fine art.
--me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights."
--J. Paul Getty

"The great thing about Art isn't what it give us, but what we become through it."
--Oscar Wilde

"We have Art in order not to die of life."
--Albert Camus

"I cling like a miser to the freedom I lose when surrounded by an abundance of things."
--Albert Camus

"Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes."
--Oscar Wilde

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  00:07:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed. And we both posted similar topics at about the same time. GMTA? I'd like to think so.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  03:36:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a little different than the other thread HM. But I've been ranting about this one too. As soon as Guliani gave the "Democrats want defense and Republicans want offense" speech, you could see the same old strategy being continued into the '08 campaign. Bush's little speech with his veto on the war funding went on and on again, claiming we are fighting the 9/11 responsible terrorists in Iraq. No implying just straight out lies.

And of course this little weasel who can't admit his atrocious errors is going to just dump the Iraq war on the next President. Talk about waiting it out after the timetable is revealed. Bush only has to hold on until 08 then he can blame anything that follows on someone besides himself. I imagine he has his feet up on the desk, stress free, just has to wait it out.

Sounds like a Moonscape News story or a political cartoon, maybe. "Bush gets idea from timetable discussion"

Edited by - beskeptigal on 05/03/2007 03:38:41
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  04:10:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

... Bush only has to hold on until 08 then he can blame anything that follows on someone besides himself. I imagine he has his feet up on the desk, stress free, just has to wait it out.

Sounds like a Moonscape News story or a political cartoon, maybe. "Bush gets idea from timetable discussion"

You mean, something like this?

Go to Top of Page

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  13:47:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YO: The reason we have the "CNN Analysts," "The George and Laura Show" on "American Idle" and Chris Matthews kissing different ass this week is because: It's Republican Week on Cable TV!!! MSNBC is suckin' up to the Banana Repuglican'ts with their "debate" this evening at the legendary Reagan Library in Seamy Valley, CA. It is seamy not Simi, by the way.

This shit is like a goddamned football game or phony wrestling match. That's why politics have come to what we see today (George and Dick as "leaders"). It's all about the "sport" of it, not the real life consequences that take place for citizens. That's why Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert are so popular as counter programming. Jon and Steven are making fun of the people who continue to use conflict as the means for getting TV ratings (News and Sports). You'll notice that Keith Olbermann isn't in the front rank like he was last week with Matthews doing the Dems thing. Chris is unsurpassed at knowing how to kiss the ass of the powerful--whatever stripe it bears. And never forget: The owners and managers of such communications conglomerates always go with the ass-kissers. After all, it's just good business.

Bill Moyers' reportage is about the affect of politics, not the neat shit about how each faction can or might win the fucking game.

Hello?! And OY!

"The modern conservative...is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy. That is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

The neo-cons have gotten welfare for themselves down to a fine art.
--me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights."
--J. Paul Getty

"The great thing about Art isn't what it give us, but what we become through it."
--Oscar Wilde

"We have Art in order not to die of life."
--Albert Camus

"I cling like a miser to the freedom I lose when surrounded by an abundance of things."
--Albert Camus

"Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes."
--Oscar Wilde
Edited by - Orwellingly Yurz on 05/03/2007 13:48:54
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  13:58:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OY said:
quote:
This shit is like a goddamned football game or phony wrestling match.

We have a tabloid media OY. And we have no one to blame but "we, the people" for it.

It sells ad time, because people watch it.

Unless and until our culture shifts to demand actual news reporting we will be stuck with this drivel.

Honestly, I don't see it happening.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  14:23:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, OY, I hadn't realized that it was Republican Week. (I had realized it's been Republican Century, however.) Perhaps in honor of the occasion, we could sponsor a roundtable discussion (ala CNN on the issue of atheists) entitled "Why Does Everyone Hate Republicans?" And invite no Republicans to be part of the panel.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.