Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  06:38:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
Yea, that must have been PZ's problem, he is pissed of that he now have to pay eight bucks to see the movie.

Wonder why they are called IDiots.....

And then we have Messrs Nisbet & Mooney....
If spinning framing is so important, how come they both suck so bad at it? Does Nisbet really think telling Dawkins and Myers to STFU is going to produce any, for him desirable result?

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  07:30:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message
Godammit! I still can't post on UD! Eff them, then...

From that link that filthy posted earlier:

I tried to reply...
And just what has "Intelligent Design" contributed, exactly?

Denyse:

Gil, hi, in my view, what makes Darwinism "worthless" is the claim that it is an immense source of new information. The Darwinist needs that to be true, and it obviously isn't.

Of course, some other materialist theory might be true (I suspect not, but we will see).

But this particular publicly funded shell game has gone on way, way too long

If I remember correctly, your side had it's chance in the Dover Trial. How'd that turn out again?

Well, here's an example of how that no new information claim is wrong, genetically speaking.

I know, I know, she probably meant "what new knowledge of the world did evolution/Darwinism" give us". Still I figured I should post that about the genetics anyway. It still serves as an example of evolution leading to new knowledge anyhow.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Edited by - the_ignored on 03/25/2008 07:48:39
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  12:17:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Here's something I found interesting:
But the real silliness came after the credits rolled, when the audience had a chance to pose questions to Mark Mathis, the film's producer.

One woman said it was morally reprehensible to equate the death of six million Jews with Darwin. I clapped, and was astounded when nearly everyone else remained silent.

I shot my hand up to ask a question. "The intelligent design movement has gone to great lengths to argue that intelligent design is not religion, that it's science. And you made a whole film arguing that it is religious. How do they react to that?"

"Well," Mathis said, "I guess it makes them a little uncomfortable."

Some arguing ensued concerning the scientific merits of ID, and someone asked, "Where's the evidence? Where are the peer reviewed papers?" to which Mathis proudly proclaimed, "Actually, there are ten peer reviewed papers."

A guy in the front row scoffed. "Ten papers?" he asked sarcastically.

Mathis told the guy not to interrupt, and then mockingly called him "Mr Darwinist." Zing!
Who the hell is this Mathis wanker, anyway? Evidently, he's a shitty film-maker and not much of a public speaker, so why is he in what I must assume is a serious project?

Did I mention The Law of Unintended Consequences? Well, I shall again because it is very important and we are, I think, beginning to see it in action.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  12:42:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Originally posted by filthy

In the comments, the one from "Doug on March 24, 2008 3:42 PM" -
...true faith is totally rational.
Wow.

Edited to add that our good friend Shaun Johnston shows up in the linked thread's comments, too!

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  13:11:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
Originally posted by Dave W.

Wow.

Edited to add that our good friend Shaun Johnston shows up in the linked thread's comments, too!
And another Dave W.

At least, I assume it's another. I just can't imagine you saying something like this: "I, in no way, am racist to people based on their beliefs."

You are so racist toward beliefs.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  13:54:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
You'll note it was "David W." Not me.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  13:58:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Mark Mathis spins and spins some more, saying that PZ and Dawkins "applaud when professors throughout the nation are fired from their jobs and permanently excluded from their profession for mentioning Intelligent Design," and claims that PZ is "distraught" over being expelled.

Another riotous batch of lies within a press release from Premise Media dressed up to look like a news article.

Edited to add that PZ blogged about this 11 minutes after I posted. He obviously learned about it earlier than I did, 'cause he put in a lot more effort. The thing with Dawkins' "surname" is hysterical, and I missed it the first time through.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  14:05:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message

Wow.

Oh dear. Oh dear twice! I hadn't bothered with the comments, sometims a failing of mine. Often, they are better than the post.

Faith without support, or at least experience, is far from rational; indeed, people have wound up in rubber rooms for that sort of thing.

I refrained from getting into the Shaun thread. Probably just as well; it didn't seem to be going anywhere from the git-go, and didn't.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 03/25/2008 14:09:36
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  02:38:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
It is to laugh. DaveScot swings into action as only he can:
Expelled Controversy Top Issue in Blogosphere

DaveScot

EXPELLED Controversy Top Issue in Blogosphere

SANTA FE, N.M.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Something amazing happened yesterday. The controversy around Premise Media's upcoming movie Ben Stein's EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed became the hottest topic in the blogosphere. According to BlogPulse, a service of Nielsen Buzzmetrics, the issue held the number one slot throughout the day on Monday, March 24th (http://www.blogpulse.com). There were also over 800 results on Technorati (www.technorati.com).

“It is amazing to see the reaction of PZ Myers, Richard Dawkins and their cohorts when one of them is simply expelled from a movie. Yet these men applaud when professors throughout the nation are fired from their jobs and permanently excluded from their profession for mentioning Intelligent Design,” said producer Mark Mathis. Mathis was at the event that has raised this controversy.

Mathis continued, “I hope PZ's experience has helped him see the light. He is distraught because he could not see a movie. What if he wasn't allowed to teach on a college campus or was denied tenure? Maybe he will think twice before he starts demanding more professors be blacklisted and expelled simply because they question the adequacy of Darwin's theory.”

Read More

Hey Mark, did it ever occur to you, you nincompoop, that these things might have happened due to the individual's incompetence, not some silly conspiracy theory fermenting within yours & DaveScot's & other's imaginations?

Well, probably not, if what I've read about your epic is true (and I have every intention of finding out if it is). Incompetence sees only a gilded, mirror image.

Stop & think, Creationist cretins; what if the ToE were somehow shown to be wrong? The researchers responsible would know fame and fortune beyond even Republican dreams of avarice. They would get Nobles and their every word would be all but venerated within the scientific community. This has not yet happened, and I can safely predict: won't.

Whaddya got, Discovery Institute? Show me something besides easily & often refuted statements, and outright lies. Show me the weakness of the Theory of Evolution. Call the hand, raise, or fold out of the pot -- oh wait, you raised up there in Dover, PA, didn't you? And got called, and lost your credibility along with your shirt because everyone isn't taken in by your wedge strategy crap.

Yeah, it's a hot topic on the blogosphere alright. Everybody's laughing with PZ & me.

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 03/26/2008 02:38:52
Go to Top of Page

recurve boy
Skeptic Friend

Australia
53 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  03:32:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send recurve boy a Private Message

Me, I'm looking forward to renting it. I'll make a batch of cayanne popcorn, crack some Limey or Canuk beer, and enjoy an afternoon of low comedy.

You're going to pay money to see it? Really? :P
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  03:55:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Originally posted by recurve boy

Me, I'm looking forward to renting it. I'll make a batch of cayanne popcorn, crack some Limey or Canuk beer, and enjoy an afternoon of low comedy.

You're going to pay money to see it? Really? :P
Yeah, if I can't get around it. But the bread will go to the rental store, who has already forked over to the DI.

Anything that DI gets, I'll just look at as charity for the intellectually disabled.

Say, maybe Denyse O'Leary will buy it for me! She's already offered to buy PZ a theater ticket and I'm nastier than he is.

If this thing is actually released, It's recieving so much ridicule that it's backers might backer out, or so I've read.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  06:37:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
A near-fisking of the movie!

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  08:18:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message

A near-fisking of the movie!
No Dave. No, no, no! It couldn't possibly be that bad! I mean, shit, this thing is an embarrassment to all who were involved, from the producers down to the set's gophers.

If what I have just read is even close to descriptive, Expelled will be an utter flop easily comparable to Dover. There are simply not that many stupid people in the country. Are there?

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  08:39:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Cry me a fucking river!
Clinton Dawkins: Guilty as Charged

DaveScot

In my previous post where it was confirmed that Paul “PZ” Myers fooled the hosts of a private screening of “Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed” by RSVPing to an invitation he never received I reserved judgement on Richard Dawkins, giving Dawkins the benefit of doubt that he may have been duped by Myers into thinking he was an invited guest at the private screening.

Well, there is no longer any doubt. Richard Dawkins registered for the screening as “Clinton” Dawkins. How many of you knew Dawkins' first name was Clinton? Registering for the event using a first name which he never uses for anything else is about as red-handed as you can get. Dawkins was fully aware he was sneaking into a private screening to which he wasn't invited and attempted to hide his presence by using his legal first name in the registration.

Anyone who continues to think that Myers and Dawkins are not guilty of chicanery in this matter is in denial.
Man, they got tears as big as horse turds flowing down their cheeks over there, and I really don't understand why. Dawkins getting in without burgler tools doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. The ceiling didn't fall, did it?

Besides, if I'd been checking names at this sort of a showing and 'Dawkins' turned up, do you think I'd not take a closer look, whatever the first name? Then ask for an autograph!

I swear to Ba'al, these guys make themselves look dumber every time they open their mouths.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  08:48:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
He signed, "Clinton Richard Dawkins" as it appears on his passport, because they were looking at ID's... So they missed the "Richard" part? Not mentioning that he signed his full name, including "Richard" is another one of their lies...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.86 seconds.