Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  07:31:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, the OP distinctly said:

November 20th, 2007 God shook Japan severely, (perhaps a magnitude of 8.3)

which means a supernatural force will cause an earthquake detectable by seismic detectors.

Anyone care to lay odds if Daniel will be back tomorrow to give us his interpretation of why things did/did not happen?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  07:50:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

ohmygodohmygod!
And stock markets in Tokyo and Hong Kong shook off deep early losses that followed Wall Street's tumble to move higher, with Japan's Nikkei buoyed by a $1,8bn bank takeover.

Holy shit, this guy's for real!

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  08:12:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by pleco

...which means a supernatural force will cause an earthquake detectable by seismic detectors.
Party pooper!

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  08:15:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

...which means a supernatural force will cause an earthquake detectable by seismic detectors.
Party pooper!

Sorry, but I believe in the inerrant word of Daniel, and you liberal activists are twisting the meaning to fit the materialistic, atheist religion that you believe in.

by Filthy
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  09:22:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Well, the OP distinctly said:

November 20th, 2007 God shook Japan severely, (perhaps a magnitude of 8.3)

which means a supernatural force will cause an earthquake detectable by seismic detectors.

Anyone care to lay odds if Daniel will be back tomorrow to give us his interpretation of why things did/did not happen?
I predict that he will not be back. He spammed our site and probably many others with his prediction. Nope. What he will be doing tomorrow is to try and figure out where he went wrong, rationalize how psychic predictions are not 100% accurate, and continue to be impressed with himself despite this minor setback, just like every other psychic.

Note: If anything like and earthquake happens anywhere else in the world in the coming days, weeks, months or year, he will take credit for the prediction and downplay the specifics that he supplied by reminding us that psychic predictions are not an exact science, or he will just choose to forget the specifics for convenience sake.

He will claim a hit.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  10:02:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Goin' on for noon; nothin' up NYC way yet, and Tokyo evidently dodged the bullet early.

We've still got the rest of the day and the shank of the evenin' to go, but I'm startin' to lose a little faith....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  10:53:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well its 230 am on the 21st in Tokyo, and still no mega-quake, how bizarre.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  11:03:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since he warned us, TM'ers were able to focus their attention on these areas and change their energy before anything could happen.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  11:08:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Gorgo

Since he warned us, TM'ers were able to focus their attention on these areas and change their energy before anything could happen.
Why didn't he predict that?

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  11:35:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by chaloobi

I'm sure Daniel will go back into the past and correct his predictions. What are you, one of those cynics that think the energies of the Universe work on your timetable?

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  11:59:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by chaloobi

I'm sure Daniel will go back into the past and correct his predictions. What are you, one of those cynics that think the energies of the Universe work on your timetable?
Are you saying they don't? If so, what proof do you have? Show me the data.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  12:12:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Less than two hours ago:
...People buy bottled water in New York City, though its tap water...

...We can't let the French get all the credit for accidentally crushing the Earth into an inert hyperdense pinpoint!...

...and cornerback Jason David and safety Josh Bullocks just watched Andre Johnson blow by for his 73-yard touchdown catch.
Google makes prophecy so easy!

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  12:26:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If so, what proof do you have? Show me the data.

Daniel has shown you the data. All you have to do is fill in the gaps with bullshit. Why is that so hard for you so-called skeptics?

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  13:05:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote

If so, what proof do you have? Show me the data.

Daniel has shown you the data. All you have to do is fill in the gaps with bullshit. Why is that so hard for you so-called skeptics?
In here, man. In here.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2007 :  14:47:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, is the official verdict that Daniel was incorrect?

by Filthy
Edited by - pleco on 11/21/2007 18:26:19
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.