New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

MuhammedGoldstein
BANNED

201 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  06:26:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send MuhammedGoldstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by bngbuck

Marf.....

My daughter has extremely troublesome sinuses and chronic infection. Her eent has advised her for years to irrigate regularly with a saline solution, and it certainly has minimized her problem. Another, medically suggested approach is to use a solution of hydrogen peroxide, which is as excellent topical antibacterial. You might want to ask your eent about that one!
my daughter had the worst case of ongoing cyclic sinus infections. It even seemed to cause knee aches for her sometimes, ear aches.

Stated using the cheap little nasal aspirator for babies,about 5 times per day, for starters, when infection is bad.
The repeating cycle of infections went away , giving her some very slight difficulty only once or twice a year.

the best way is to never force the water, or you may get a banging headache.

Important: body temp water, so the cilia are not impaired in function by hot or cold water.

also, keep rinsing until the water can run in one nostril and out the other. it helps ease discomfort during flushing if you keep your mouth open, I think

best of success ! we're now at 8 years free of trouble !

MG

It does mention phenotype, just without using the word "phenotype."... DAVEW
Edited by - MuhammedGoldstein on 06/13/2008 06:32:43
Go to Top of Page

chrischris
SPAMMER

2 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  23:40:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chrischris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

Don't fear the "side effects". Those are symptoms that people in clinical trials developed, almost always at a very low rate. Often there is no evidence to suggest a causal effect between those symptoms and the medicine under consideration. Sometimes its just the investigators being cautious.

So.

Try a nasal steroid (nasonex or flonase). As a person who has idiosyncratic reactions to some common medicines (not allergies), I've never had a problem with this med. It reduces sinus inflammation.

Saline irrigation of sinuses can clear them out, but it does nothing to deal with the underlying problem.

Yes I have tried generic equivalent of flonase. It really helped me you can find it at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[Edited to remove spam link - Dave W.]
Go to Top of Page

ZeeKrey

United Arab Emirates
20 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  16:35:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send ZeeKrey an AOL message Send ZeeKrey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a public section on nervous circulation here
http://books.google.com/books?id=p8IsAAAAYAAJ&lpg=PA239&ots=LW624OWDEt&dq=nervous%20circulation&pg=PA653#v=onepage&q=nervous%20circulation&f=true

Ever since I reached my teens I get an annual headache or 5 from hell either durring the Winter to Spring transition or the Fall to winter transition. Whenever this happens I get a bottle of Nasacort from my doc and use it for about a month and have no problem again till next term. I've recieved facial xrays and the doctor's found nothing. However durring my wisdom teeth 360 X-ray it was discovered that my nasal passages are extraordinarily small. Nasacort is a nasal steroid and reduces the swelling theoretically, I find it works very well, within a few minutes even and I dont need to use it all year.

Additionally, these episodes of intense pressure that even show up as red on my face where my nasal cavities are have been diagnosed as chronic sinus infections.

Zee'Krey
Edited by - ZeeKrey on 07/16/2010 16:41:25
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.