Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  11:24:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Rumpl sed:
quote:
If you guys are completely into denial about government evil, then perhaps I'll just slink out of here and let you discuss whatever you feel are the real issues to be skeptical about. Whatever those may be.

Don't assume we are a unitary, closed mind. Why not just post your own points here, as Big Papa has suggested?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 02/28/2006 11:25:18
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  11:26:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
link Here is a thread, the last one I remember about the pentagon.

No one here is denying that the Gov can and does do things that can be considered evil, our hostile attitudes stem from the numerous theorists we have encountered who completely ignore the mounds and mounds of evidence in favor of the 4 planes 19 hijackers al-qeada explanation.

So do you agree completely with your link or do you have any of your own opinions?

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  11:31:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
That link by the way is a joke, total crap IMO. One of the first lines says that the collapse of the towers was inexplicable to engineers. A statement which is false on every level. The only confusing collapse was tower 7, which was allowed to burn all day after being partially destroyed when the largest building in the world fell on it.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Rumpl4skn

25 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  11:35:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Rumpl4skn a Private Message
I have a feeling you guys are going to find my opinions a bit too, shall we say, passionate.

Let's just say that in my opinion, the "wild conspiracy theory" that our multi-trillion dollar air defense system was defeated by 19 lowlifes with boxcutters is the most ridiculous fairytale I've heard since the Warren Commission Report.

Taking other people's signatures and switching a few words around to make it opposite in meaning doesn't make you particularly clever. Although I admit I've done it myself, and it did make me FEEL more clever. : )
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  11:38:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
quote:
Hmmm. Are older posts eventually deleted?

No posts are deleted. We just move them to a different section to keep the current discussions uncluttered and faster-loading. But all the old stuff can be access by searching or clicking the "A" for archive icon on the right of a forum.

@

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

Rumpl4skn

25 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  11:39:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Rumpl4skn a Private Message
Okay... I have to get back to remodeling today, but let me leave you with this:

You say WTC 7 had "the tallest building in the world fall on it." Have you seen pictures of the actual damage to WTC 7? Here it is:

In your heart of hearts, does that look like enough structural damage to make a steel-structured building fall straight down, neatly into it's own footprint? It doesn't in my universe, which is still governed by the laws of physics. Even FEMA had "no explanation" for the collapse of this building.

Taking other people's signatures and switching a few words around to make it opposite in meaning doesn't make you particularly clever. Although I admit I've done it myself, and it did make me FEEL more clever. : )
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  11:39:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
The video you linked for us, Rumpl, in my opinion is bullshit. Narrated conclusions are constantly being made that do NOT fit the sequences shown.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 02/28/2006 11:40:36
Go to Top of Page

Rumpl4skn

25 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  11:41:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Rumpl4skn a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

The video you linked for us, Rumpl, in my opinion is bullshit. Narrated conclusions are constantly being made that do NOT fit the sequences shown.

You watched that whole thing already? Or had you seen it before?

I'm curious as to what you see that "doesn't match" the narration.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  11:43:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Rumpl wrote:
quote:
In your heart of hearts, does that look like enough structural damage to make a steel-structured building fall straight down, neatly into it's own footprint? It doesn't in my universe, which is still governed by the laws of physics. Even FEMA had "no explanation" for the collapse of this building.
False conclusion, Rump. You conveniently leave out the melting, even burning, of the building's steel frame, caused by the airliner's fuel.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 02/28/2006 11:44:11
Go to Top of Page

Rumpl4skn

25 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  11:45:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Rumpl4skn a Private Message
A little off topic, but....In regards to "al-Qaeda", you may want to watch this video as well:

http://www.archive.org/details/ThePowerOfNightmares

This is a BBC documentary about the parallell rise of the Islamist Movement and the Neo_Cons. Fascinating stuff.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  11:48:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Rumpl asked:
quote:
You watched that whole thing already? Or had you seen it before?

I'm curious as to what you see that "doesn't match" the narration.
I was commenting on the first part, where the narrator claims her is a missile attached to the aircraft, which w fired just prior to impact. No visual evidence. I just don't see what he's talking about! I'll watch the rest, but I already think the narrator is a liar or nutcase.

Go to Top of Page

Rumpl4skn

25 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  11:48:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Rumpl4skn a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Rumpl wrote:
quote:
False conclusion, Rump. You conveniently leave out the melting, even burning, of the building's steel frame, caused by the airliner's fuel.

Okay. Please tell me how kerosene manages to "burn steel"?

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  11:49:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Rumpl4skn

Okay... I have to get back to remodeling today, but let me leave you with this:

You say WTC 7 had "the tallest building in the world fall on it." Have you seen pictures of the actual damage to WTC 7? Here it is:

I suppose the whole "untreated deisel fire" thing doesn't add anything to the mix. This was a blaze that was not dealt with for multiple hours. One could see the problems with a fire burning without fire suppression as causing structure failure. Impact damage alone didn't cause the collapse.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  11:52:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Rumpl asked:
quote:
Okay. Please tell me how kerosene manages to "burn steel"?
Well, how about the high heat the combustion creates, for a start? It's well known that steel will burn, given enough heat and oxygen. Do you deny steel will burn?

Edited by - HalfMooner on 02/28/2006 11:52:48
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  11:56:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Why not leave out these tedious attempts to disprove one of the most closely observed disasters in history, and just cut to the chase, Rumpl. Tell us who "really" did 911, if not al Qaeda in hijacked airliners?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds.