New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

RadioMusicBox

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  16:21:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit RadioMusicBox's Homepage  Send RadioMusicBox a Yahoo! Message Send RadioMusicBox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Many, right here in these forums:The above are just a taste.

Damn dude! That's a list right there. Wow!

It's a cruel world...and YOU SUCK!!!!! (LAUGHTER)
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  17:14:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by RadioMusicBox

And that's just a small taste, from a bunch of guys who came here from another forum with the intent of performing a "total truth takeover" of the SFN. There are lots more in our archives of this folder.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  17:47:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally posted by RadioMusicBox

And that's just a small taste, from a bunch of guys who came here from another forum with the intent of performing a "total truth takeover" of the SFN. There are lots more in our archives of this folder.
That was fun. We all got a little crazy. I found it amusing when everyone deserted their buddy to his fate. But he hung in there pretty well, didn't he?

Another was bigbrain's moon landing & Voyager hoax booshwah. And, of course, who could forget verlch's really wild, Illuminati & Freemason conspiricies?

Ah Music, you missed some good ones....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  18:42:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
RMB said:

That was Dave's list, not mine.

But yeah.. the 9/11 threads were a trip. Those dipshits are still out there. They invaded an episode of Maher's show this past season, disrupted it live. He had to have security restore order.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

RadioMusicBox

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  19:03:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit RadioMusicBox's Homepage  Send RadioMusicBox a Yahoo! Message Send RadioMusicBox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

RMB said:

That was Dave's list, not mine.

But yeah.. the 9/11 threads were a trip. Those dipshits are still out there. They invaded an episode of Maher's show this past season, disrupted it live. He had to have security restore order.

I've watched that episode on YouTube. It had me ROTFLMAO.

Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  00:51:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dude.....

bng... have you taken leave of your senses at last? Or maybe just forgot to take your meds?
My senses are departing more rapidly than your pot is boiling, but I just love to evoke exclamatory comments like the above from you! The fucking meds have become so complex that I am going to need another PhD to even address the what and why of them.

Dude, I hope that somewhere at the end of this century when you are approaching my current age and decrepitude, medical science has advanced to the point that multiple deteriorations can be treated as a single complex instead of as individual disorders! I frankly have no idea if I'm on or off, and frequently I don't give a shit!

As to the 9/11 issue, I honestly do believe that several specific individuals (Cheney is one) at least had excellent foreknowledge of the 9/11 attack. As to whether he was involved in planted demolitions, etc.; no, the logistics are too difficult.

But as to compliance or cooperation with Arab terrorists, I feel that there is a distinct possibility simply because it worked so well to further the basic neocon policy intentions of controlling Middle East oil, creating a vast military market for many aspects of american industry (of which Halliburton and Blackwater are only minor examples).

Bush and Rumsfeld finally screwed up the whole plan due to stupid lack of planning of the Iraq war and non-existent intelligence! But I certainly think that the intention was the control and acquisition of Iraq's oil, and the imposition of a puppet government obedient to the Bush administration in place of Saddam Hussein!

May I emphasize that this is opinion pure and simple. If you are in possession of facts which starkly contradict the hypothesis than Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rove, and maybe even Bush, had no knowledge of it's imminence, nor involvement either, in the 9/11 attack, present it! My opinions are always subject to correction or rebuttal by referenced fact.

I really don't enjoy being as cynical as I am about the Bush/Cheney administration; but as I pointed out elsewhere, I truly feel that they are more than capable of mass murder to further their ends, and probably have been at least complicit to it! I would greatly like to be presented with factual information that shows that there was no knowledge or involvement of any agent of the US government in the events of 9/11! I would like to believe that Bush/Cheney are not as malevolent killers as Hitler and Stalin unquestionably were!

I am currently researching the FDR '30's and '40's era to see if there is any reason for suspecting that FDR knew of Pearl Harbor in advance! I was a child in those days, and the "theory" was taken as common knowledge fact by everyone I remember at that time - his supposed manipulation of the US electorate into acceptance of war involvement being seen as a good thing by my dad, a staunch Republican and war hawk, among many others.

If you know of some recorded history that clearly demonstrates that FDR did not or could not have had advance information as to the attack, please reveal it! It would relieve doubt that I have held all my life regarding one of the greatest presidents in American history!

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  06:06:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
bng, when you say:
As to the 9/11 issue, I honestly do believe that several specific individuals (Cheney is one) at least had excellent foreknowledge of the 9/11 attack.

Do you mean:

The Bush admin was warned that there were terrorists, Osama BinLaden specifically, who were known to be planning attacks on the US.

or

The Bush Admin knew that BinLaden was planning to fly planes into buildings on 9/11.

The first is a matter of public record. We all know they were warned of, and ignored, the threat of an attack. The second takes it into crazy-land though.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2008 :  15:02:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way, Radio, here is a link to an article from the JREF about the psychology behind the conspiracy 'theories'.

It is pretty interesting.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2008 :  17:05:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Message to Dude from Crazyland.....

I most definitely and specifically believe that Cheney, at the very least knew that BinLaden was planning to fly planes into buildings on 9/11, did nothing to avert it, and may have helped in the execution of it. Not in specific logistics, but in suppression of intelligence!

May have even helped plan it! May not have informed Bush, feeling he might cave! Probably kept as quiet as he possibly could of the upcoming event. I believe that there certainly were others with awareness, but very, very few! Nothing like a "vast conspiracy"

You can't keep secrets of that magnitude if many people are aware of the secret! Look at the Russian spies that were inside the Manhattan Project!

I would appreciate a visitor here at the Institute. They won't even let me call out! But be careful, if you are known to be communicating with me, a Patriotic Actor will be soon hoisting you by my canard!

Ouch!
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2008 :  18:36:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What makes you believe that?

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2008 :  19:21:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Simon, Bill seems to have failed to refill his psych-med scripts. Usually he has a better grip on reality.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
Go to Top of Page

RadioMusicBox

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2008 :  20:04:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit RadioMusicBox's Homepage  Send RadioMusicBox a Yahoo! Message Send RadioMusicBox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Simon

By the way, Radio, here is a link to an article from the JREF about the psychology behind the conspiracy 'theories'.

It is pretty interesting.

Wow! That article answered my questions...Totally! Thanx 4 sending it to me. This is great!

Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2008 :  21:08:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Always here to help :p

As for BngBuck, in my limited time on this site; he has sound pretty rational to me so I was wondering how he reached that conclusion.

Is it possible that Cheney knew? Sure.
Did he lie about and exploited the tragedy to further his own goals? Definitively.
Is it out of character ? Not even.
But is there any reason to believe it happened? Not as far as I know.

Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  10:44:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And here is a link to the episode of Penn and Teller Bullshit! about CC.

Man; I love that show!

Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

RadioMusicBox

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  16:48:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit RadioMusicBox's Homepage  Send RadioMusicBox a Yahoo! Message Send RadioMusicBox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Simon

And here is a link to the episode of Penn and Teller Bullshit! about CC.

Man; I love that show!

Me too!!! I f-in' love Penn & Teller!!!!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.