New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

kemibe

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  10:55:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit kemibe's Homepage Send kemibe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gingi Edmonds is a worthless, heartless bitch. There's no way to put it more nicely. When she ranted about the deaths in Irving Feldkamp's family, her mother commented to my blog post and I was happy to tell her what an asshole she'd raised. That woman is poison.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  12:23:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More Tiller-related blogging:

Balkinization: "Terrorism, Domestic and Foreign"
hilzoy: "How Far Does This Go?"
Jesurgislac's Journal: "Pro-life is what they call themselves" (includes a link to NAF statistics)
Mike Dunford: "Dr. Tiller's murder, terrorism, and Christianists: a few (more) thoughts."
ERV: "So, we are clear that PETA is just a gang of vultures, right?"

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  12:24:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tony Perkins and the rest of the Religious Right continue to prove themselves to be even bigger scumbags that we'd thought. And, in my case at least, that's saying somewhat!
Tony Perkins of Focus on the Family paints a grim picture on Dr. Tiller. He's attacking Kathleen Sebelius' nomination, but as Scarce told me, he painted a target right on Tiller's back.

As many times as BillO and Phil Kline tried to disrupt him, Tiller continued to perform what he considered a necessary service to the protection of the mother. Women are always the target, they have rights but these rights are infringed upon without a second's thought by the leaders of the religious right and men in power.

I wrote the above portion two days ago, but I wasn't going to post it, but then I received a sick e-mail from Citizen's Link, a part of Focus on the Family.
Ah, how they must yearn for the good ol' days then the patriarch made all decisions and women were chattel. Nothing will do but they get that back, and they gain control of all secular thought and bend it their own as in Biblical times. They'll be out fucking goats next, as in Biblical times. They really don't give a rat's ass what the Bible says if it fails to agree with their agenda, also as in Biblical times.

Here's Rachel Maddow, totting up some more of the subhuman:
Rachel Maddow runs down the list of the people or groups that are praising the death of Dr. George Tiller and lauding is murderer Scott Roeder, as a hero. Among them:
Some are people I've never heard of and some I have. All are beneath contempt.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  15:37:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Josh Rosenau has a great piece: "On the unseriousness of anti-choicers."

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  15:02:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wrote in this thread earlier
This is the War side of the "Culture War." It appears to me that Dr. Tiller has been poorly served by police agencies which should have protected him and his clinic.
Now, Rachel Maddow made this video on the FBI's obscene dereliction of duty in my enforcing the Federal 1993 FACE Act (Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act), which was specifically designed to protect abortion clinics. (Hat tip to PZ Myers.)

It's looking more and more as though Operation Rescue was directly involved with the alleged murderer, helping him track Dr. Tiller's location and activities. The police and the FBI had recently been notified of Scott Roeder's illegal activities at clinics, and failed to enforce the FACE Act. Had these agencies been doing their job, Dr. Tiller might be alive today.

[Obsessive/Compulsive Edit: Grammar]

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 06/08/2009 09:12:25
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  03:01:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who gets late-term abortions and why:
When Susan Fitzgerald went in for a routine ultrasound near the end of her pregnancy, she was expecting good news. Instead, she was stunned to learn that the fetus had a rare condition that left his bones so brittle he would live less than a day.

"It was unbelievable," Fitzgerald said. "You think by the third trimester you're home free. It was devastating."

Desperate to end the pregnancy, she flew from her home in New England to Wichita, where George Tiller was one of the few doctors in the country willing to perform an abortion so late in a pregnancy.

"It was very difficult, but I knew it was the most humane thing I could do for my baby," Fitzgerald said. "It was absolutely the right thing to do. I'm just so grateful that Dr. Tiller was there for me."

Her story is one of dozens that have surfaced in the past week during candlelight vigils, at memorials and on blog postings since the shooting death of Tiller. An antiabortion activist has been charged in his slaying.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  07:23:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also check out This guy claims to know some crucial information.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  07:50:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Also check out This guy claims to know some crucial information.
I've been reading about that nearly all over the 'net. Evidently, he has a big mouth as well as no brains. But the Skeptic Bug keeps eating at me, and so I wonder: Is he just running his mouth to fluff his reputation as a badass? And if he actually does know anything, where'd he get his info?

I mean, this clown is not even a competent hit-man; does anyone think that he'd be included in any sort of serious planning session? If I have the story straight, he simply did the deed, got in his heap and casually drove toward home -- no contingency plan; no nothing.

That is not to say that the clinics are not in danger; they certainly are and have been for decades. So nothing really has changed, unless; unless the authorities get serious about investigating these domestic terrorists and hanging ass' where applicable.

Heh, like that's gonna happen. They'll continue to mollycoddle the religious right as they always have.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  09:20:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

I mean, this clown is not even a competent hit-man; does anyone think that he'd be included in any sort of serious planning session?
If the other "right to life" [choke] nutjobs are equally incompetent, yes, Roeder would fit right in. And I've yet to see signs of intellect from any of them.

Roeder was competent enough to conceal his plan from authorities, and to kill Tiller. Granted, this would not require much competence, but with the lack of intelligence work being done by police agencies, and the lack of protection, it was enough.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  03:56:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Update: The hole they have this pigfucker locked up in ain't deep enough!
From his cell in the Sedgwick County jail, Roeder has been sending anti-abortion pamphlets that laud Paul Hill, who was convicted of murdering an abortion provider in 1994, as an "American hero," and include examples of Hill's writings about how the killing of abortion providers is justifiable.

Hill was executed in 2003 for killing Dr. John Bayard Britton and his bodyguard outside a Pensacola, Fla., abortion clinic.

Roeder also has been corresponding with the Rev. Donald Spitz - whose Army of God group's Web site celebrates Hill and who says he sent Roeder seven of the pamphlets at Roeder's request - and Linda Wolfe, an Oregon activist who has been jailed about 50 times for anti-abortion activities and who is close friends with a woman convicted of shooting Tiller in the arms in 1993.

No one has accused Roeder of breaking any laws because of his jailhouse correspondence. But local and federal law enforcement agencies took seriously a threat Roeder made during a June 7 interview with the Associated Press that there are "many other similar events planned around the country as long as abortion remains legal."

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  14:02:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

Update: The hole they have this pigfucker locked up in ain't deep enough!
From his cell in the Sedgwick County jail, Roeder has been sending anti-abortion pamphlets that laud Paul Hill, who was convicted of murdering an abortion provider in 1994, as an "American hero," and include examples of Hill's writings about how the killing of abortion providers is justifiable.

Hill was executed in 2003 for killing Dr. John Bayard Britton and his bodyguard outside a Pensacola, Fla., abortion clinic.

Roeder also has been corresponding with the Rev. Donald Spitz - whose Army of God group's Web site celebrates Hill and who says he sent Roeder seven of the pamphlets at Roeder's request - and Linda Wolfe, an Oregon activist who has been jailed about 50 times for anti-abortion activities and who is close friends with a woman convicted of shooting Tiller in the arms in 1993.

No one has accused Roeder of breaking any laws because of his jailhouse correspondence. But local and federal law enforcement agencies took seriously a threat Roeder made during a June 7 interview with the Associated Press that there are "many other similar events planned around the country as long as abortion remains legal."

Since the Feds now seem to be interested at last about anti-abortion assassins, I suspect that they are using Roeder's contacts to help root out other potential killers. The anti-abortion folks aren't the brightest of bulbs, so such an approach is as likely as not to lead to new arrests.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.