General Discussion
 Internet Infidels references SFN
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  07:58:56  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message
Skeptic Friends Network on Da Fludde!

They've linked to the Fundamentalists Hate Noah's Ark article.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  08:57:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Originally posted by the_ignored

Skeptic Friends Network on Da Fludde!

They've linked to the Fundamentalists Hate Noah's Ark article.
Again I find myself a little astonished. That screed seems to have more legs than a millipede. If they do indeed put it up for a reference, I will be downright flattered. Hell, I already am just for the thought!

At one time, I was a regular at II, but then they changed the format on me and the font was too small.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

dv82matt
SFN Regular

760 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  09:32:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dv82matt a Private Message
Originally posted by filthy
Again I find myself a little astonished. That screed seems to have more legs than a millipede. If they do indeed put it up for a reference, I will be downright flattered. Hell, I already am just for the thought!
Screed! Please, it's quite good. It's pretty cool that it's been getting so much attention lately.

At one time, I was a regular at II, but then they changed the format on me and the font was too small.
Does your browser not include an option to increase the size of text on web pages?
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  10:54:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
More congrats, Fil!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  12:33:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Originally posted by dv82matt

Originally posted by filthy
Screed! Please, it's quite good. It's pretty cool that it's been getting so much attention lately.

Does your browser not include an option to increase the size of text on web pages?
It does now and I tried to get back in, and still keep my old post count & all, but they'd forgotten my name. I tried to re-register but then they remembered my name and were having none of it. They said that it was invalid due to some bastard called Duvenoy being already registered. They said that I should get in touch with admin. & when I tried that, I got some more computer crap, and finally gave it up for a bad job.

It was a good forum. Gary Hurd and PZ Myers were regulars as were Joe Meert and Glenn Morton, and there were some fine arguments.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  12:48:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
What impressed me most about your article, Fil, was that you found an angle that others (to my knowledge) hadn't: What an humiliatingly embarrassing task it is for modern fundies to defend as literal truth a fable that even the ancients must have laughed at. That premise was brilliant, and your execution was fully as good. You being an old deck ape didn't hurt any, either.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  13:41:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Originally posted by HalfMooner

What impressed me most about your article, Fil, was that you found an angle that others (to my knowledge) hadn't: What an humiliatingly embarrassing task it is for modern fundies to defend as literal truth a fable that even the ancients must have laughed at. That premise was brilliant, and your execution was fully as good. You being an old deck ape didn't hurt any, either.

Thanks again!

The Flood is impossible to defend logically, which doesn't stop some folks from trying. There simply is no evidence in support of it. And thus, the piece wasn't all that hard to write, once I got past the natural history research. In fact, I had some fun with it.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  15:08:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
 Moderation Notice 

Let's not forget about this thread, folks.

This one is locked due to it being a duplicate, more or less.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.