Back to Skeptic Summary
Skeptic Summary #128
By The Staff
Posted on: 2/4/2007
McCain, the universe, evidence, blackmail, the whore, warming ID and more!
Week ending February 3, 2007 (Vol 4, #5)
Welcome to the Skeptic Summary, a quick week-in-review guide to the Skeptic Friends Network and the rest of the skeptical world.
Is McCain the real McCoy? - McCain acting like a politician? Who’d a thunk it?Kil’s Evil Pick:
The ‘now’ is the edge of the universe… - Ooooooo. Immobile light and an assertion that Einstein was wrong.
Overwhelming evidence? - Of what, we’re not sure.
Editor’s Choice: Flying cars stifled by politics, politics, and war - Or, a primer in the extortion of strangers on the Internet.
From the Archives: Babylon, the Great Whore! - Another Verlch classic!
Global Warming, Intelligent Design and the Re-Ascendancy of the Pro-Scientific Political LeftChat Highlights:
Sunday: A 12-year-old atheist; Aussie visitor; Kil’s visit to TAM5, meeting cool people; how about inviting Hovind to a written debate now that he’s got plenty of time (5-10 years)? Sylvia Brown is bleeding, but is it blood or money? Boron10 in trouble stranded on Hawaii; Siberia makes art; FSTDT provokes aggressive emotions; switching time and date to a global standard.New Members This Week:
Wednesday: The night started with Mab creating an accidental sock puppet. How he did so is still a mystery. Then, phpBB methods of authentication and bad jokes, as well as perhaps one good one. The conversation switched over to cars as Dave shows how you can fix problems by oiling belts. This quickly turned to computer talk once JohnOAS started having Java problems. Chat ended with Kil telling some stories of TAM5, and a quick discussion on ’net neutrality.
Come chat with us.
(Not a member? Become one today!)
Elsewhere in the World:
Bad ScienceBook of the Week…
Found: Most of the Universe
What’s New by Bob Park
Got some skeptic news items? Send them to us, and we’ll think about adding them.
…is on vacation this week.
This Week’s Most-Viewed Pages:
Forum Topics:Last Month’s Most-View Pages:
- What if Jack Chick were an atheist? ‘Unholy Joe’ (576 views)
- Flying cars stifled by politics, politics, and war (265 views)
- Overwhelming evidence? (233 views)
- Is McCain the real McCoy? (226 views)
- Sam Harris / Andrew Sullivan debate (201 views)
- Owl on the dollar bill… (195 views)
- Subliminal slurs in Bush’s speech (193 views)
- The water cooler (185 views)
- Oh say can you see… (161 views)
- Net Neutrality — We must fight to protect it! (159 views)
There were 5,642 daily visitors this week.
- Miracle Thaw — The Bogus Miracle (93 views)
- Cold Reading (75 views)
- Kent Hovind is a Big Phony! (50 views)
- Skeptic Summary #127 (44 views)
- Miracle Thaw Tray (43 views)
- The Bible’s Bad Fruits (36 views)
- The Bible Answer Man (34 views)
- Why Do Creationists Fear Evolution? (32 views)
- Skeptic Summary #64 (31 views)
- Tommy Debates the Bible Answer man (29 views)
- That ‘One God’ thingy, them Jewish folk & more (1,546 views)
- Big Bang (part 2) (1,219 views)
- Are skepticism and Buddhism compatible? (1,164 views)
- Owl on the dollar bill… (859 views)
- Are skepticism and Buddhism compatible? (Part 2) (801 views)
- The religiously insane become yet insanier… (769 views)
- What if Jack Chick were an atheist? ‘Unholy Joe’ (736 views)
- Flying cars stifled by politics, politics, and war (650 views)
- Cuddly symbiosis (595 views)
- Ken Ham: the NEW atheists are coming… (581 views)
- Evidenced-based medicine (562 views)
- Taking back the default position (496 views)
- The Yugoslavian war (489 views)
- Sam Harris / Andrew Sullivan debate (480 views)
- Evangelist arrested on tax evasion… Guess who! (477 views)
- Official 2007 SFN psychic predictions contest (457 views)
- U.S. troop deaths reach 3,000 (441 views)
- The Dummy On The Left (412 views)
- We have invaded Iran (406 views)
- SFN album cover (384 views)
There were 22,903 daily visitors in January.
- Miracle Thaw — The Bogus Miracle (482 views)
- Cold Reading (330 views)
- Kent Hovind is a Big Phony! (280 views)
- Miracle Thaw Tray (218 views)
- The Bible’s Bad Fruits (156 views)
- The Bible Answer Man (140 views)
- Why Do Creationists Fear Evolution? (138 views)
- Tommy Debates the Bible Answer man (132 views)
- Spam Scams and Slams (121 views)
- Kent Hovind is a Kwazy Kweationist (119 views)
- Preaching that Anti-Evolution Propaganda (104 views)
- Dr. Dino doesn’t like our Jack Chick spoof! (103 views)
- Evil Skeptic and a Visit to Awareness 2000 (100 views)
- Is the Speed of Light Slowing Down? (100 views)
- The Laundry Solution (91 views)
- Evidence Cited as Hard Proof of the Existence of Satanic Cults (88 views)
- Evolution, Scientology Style (88 views)
- You’re an Idiot (88 views)
- Spam Alert (77 views)
- Mesmer, Casino Monkey, and Video Sex (75 views)
More issues of the Skeptic Summary can be found in our archive.
The Skeptic Summary is produced by the staff of the Skeptic Friends Network, copyright 2007, all rights reserved.
Read or Add Comments about the Skeptic Summary